Converting a Garmin Track to a Route?

HummerH1

I'm not sure if G7TOWIN does but I know that National Geographic Topo will for sure. It will create a route that follws the track and places the waypoints at the most important places like at the turns. You can select the number of waypoints so not to exceed your GPS limit for routes. Or you can select equal distance between route waypoints - some thing less useful in my opinion. Topo is expensive but you get 24K USGS quad maps as the main purpose of their program.

I downloaded GPSTrackmaker. I can't find a function to do this conversion, though. Can you point me in the right direction?

It's kinda hidden away in the menus :tired: . Once you have a track loaded into Trackmaker double click on the track to select it (it should show a line of dots when selected). From the menu select Tools->Tracklogs and Routes->Tracklog Reducer->Create a Route.

I downloaded GPSTrackmaker. I can't find a function to do this conversion, though. Can you point me in the right direction?

It's kinda hidden away in the menus :laughing: . Once you have a track loaded into Trackmaker double click on the track to select it (it should show a line of dots when selected). From the menu select Tools->Tracklogs and Routes->Tracklog Reducer->Create a Route.

Thank you! That is a powerful tool. :laughing: