map transfer error for 60cx

i just downloaded the latest software version for my 60cx (software 3.00) from webupdater. and now i can't download maps to the unit from mapsource. when i try to transfer maps, i get an error message that says "Your GPS does not support map transfer." Could this have something to do with the software update? I'm not sure how to fix it.

also, as a side question....can i transfer map data straight to the microsd card if my computer has a card reader (sd card reader, which will read the micro sd if i put it into the sd adapter that comes with it) built in instead of through a usb card reader?

any help on either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Were you able to load the maps before you ran the update?

First thing to try is to make sure the MicroSD card is properly seated and locked in. Next, use that external card reader to try and load the maps, yes it will work that way. That would rule out the SD card.

Next step would be to call Garmin and ask for a warranty exchange. I just did the same thing, on my new 60Cx, with the exact same problem.

Were you able to load the maps before you ran the update?

First thing to try is to make sure the MicroSD card is properly seated and locked in. Next, use that external card reader to try and load the maps, yes it will work that way. That would rule out the SD card.

Next step would be to call Garmin and ask for a warranty exchange. I just did the same thing, on my new 60Cx, with the exact same problem.

I could load maps to the unit when it had the 64MB card that came with it. i got a 1G card and now i'm having troubles. I'll try the original card again and see if that changes anything.

also, should the card reader show up on the transfer options in mapsource if i want to transfer directly to the card? or can i save the file onto the card and then open it from the 60cx?

okay, i've narrowed it down to the new card. it's a 1G sandisc ultra II micro sd. for some reason, mapsource won't read it. i put the 64MB card that came with the 60cx in the reader, and it worked. so i must have to format the new card, but i'm not sure how to do it. can you walk me through it?

Edited by thesanctuary