The Anticipation is Killing Me!

Geo Jockey

Sigh.... I'm sitting here on my couch reading through the forums patiently waiting for my GPS to arrive so I can finally start cache hunting. The anticipation is killing me!

Sigh.... :)

I can empathize. My trusty old SporTrak is kinda busted and won't last much longer so I just bought a 60CSx and I'm waiting on it to show up so I can start playing with it. I'm FAR too much into instant gratification for this waiting garbage! :D:D

Ah, yes, I know the feeling. You can help alleviate the stress by going to the Garmin website, and downloading the user's manual for the GPSr that you are getting. That way, when you get it, you'll already be familiar with the controls, and the time needed to learn how to run your new GPSr will be much shorter.

Also, you can set up your pocket queries, gather the things you will be taking with you, print out the cache pages for the caches that you want to go after first, and download the software that you will need to transfer the caches to your new GPSr.

Lots to do! Don't wait til the last minute to do it!

Welcome to the club, and happy caching! :)

I definitely know how you feel. I went Geocaching for the first time with a friend on Monday. That night I ordered a GPSr from Amazon.com and paid for 1-day overnight shipping.

Unfortunately, I was stuck working the next three nights, so the first time I can actually use it is tomorrow afternoon.

Keep us posted please, currently crocked..by geocaching, (bit off more than I could chew), so living vicariously...WILL NOT GO AND LOOK FOR 1/1's

I definitely know how you feel. I went Geocaching for the first time with a friend on Monday. That night I ordered a GPSr from Amazon.com and paid for 1-day overnight shipping.

Unfortunately, I was stuck working the next three nights, so the first time I can actually use it is tomorrow afternoon.

Isn't that the way, we went out with my brother in law in the morning and were shopping for a GPS in the afternoon....

Fingers are crossed...but I might have my 60CSX today or tomorrow...

I was visiting in FL and my friend had a geocaching pin in his car...I asked him about it and was instantly hooked. As soon as I got back home, I came here and then ordered. :D Why oh why, didn't I do next day shipping. :D

While waiting for it, I've told a bunch of people about it . . . I know have groups of people that want to come try it with me when I get.

Sweet!

Sigh.... I'm sitting here on my couch reading through the forums patiently waiting for my GPS to arrive so I can finally start cache hunting. The anticipation is killing me!

Sigh.... :D

I found my first seven caches with map and cache page printouts. So, what are you waiting for??? Go out and find some!

I'd wait, your 'first cache' should be a good experience with a GPS, not trying to match pictures of trees with earth. IMO

That's what I am going to do. :laughing: Right now I am working on my signature items and getting my gear together. I did download the owners manual for my garmin but I'll wait till I have it in front of me...a little easier for me to learn it.

Hopefully tuesday for delivery...why oh why didn't I do next day!

Sigh.... :)

Go hunting any way. B) I haven't got my GPSr yet, but I found my first cache last Thursday, Big Mike's (GCTMED) without one. Just check the caches in your area that you can mostly find from the map. Good hunting!

I'm impressed. I didn't venture on these forums until I had had our GPSr for quite awhile. I had an account, but was too shy to post. And here you are anxiously posting without a find as yet. Yep, you have the bug. Don't get discouraged, just go outside and have fun. It's all about the fun.............. :blink: