StreetPilot C500 Series

egami

Without having fondled one personally, I've worked with units that I have reason to believe are very similar.

I would expect this unit (like Nuvi) to directly absorb pocket queries or other GPX files. I would expect it to be based on a UI & routing engine much like those used in the StreetPilot and Nuvi. As a unit billed for automotive use and not handheld (GPSMap, Etrex, etc.) or hybrid (like the Quest brothers) I'd expect it to not have what geocachers call the compass screen and I'd expect it to not have geocaching mode.

Combing it with a good handheld should make a nice combination.

Here's what I am looking for...I am going to be a relatively casual geocacher. If I get more serious into it a year down the road or so I'll buy a geocaching-centric GPSr like a 60CSx or 76CSx (or whatever looks good at that time).

- I would like to find something that is really decent at car navigation.

- It'd be nice if it had auto-routing.

- I don't care if it's Magellan or Garmin.

- I want SiRF III chip.

- I'd like to be able to upload cache info. waypoints (still new, apologize for nomenclature issues)

- I don't care about compass if it can get me close and I can see distance to cache and have an idea what direction via map or something.

I have considered:

- 60 CSx

- 76CSx

- eXplorist XL

- eXplorist 600

- Nuvi 350

- RoadMate 3000T

- iQue M4

I am open to suggestions. Quest 2 looks perfect except no SiRF III, it appears.

Edited by egami