Cacher hears Gunshots...

Three Simple Words

Please read this post for one of my caches!!!

I'm wondering at this time if hunting is open in this section???

If not, Shouldn't this be reported to the NJ Fish&Game so they can patroll this section??

I would hate to have hikers & cachers run into poachers in the area..

Or, was the blast from the road construction going on Rt.206???

This is what a chacher stated!!!

When I got to the parking area I wondered where the trail started this seemed to be a very residential spot.After a bit of a search and some common sense I found the green trail, I love these hidden trails.Made my way along and I guess I missed the white trail so when my gps showed that I needed to move up the hill I just scrambled up the slope and figured I'd bushwhack my way to the cache.Once on top I found an unmarked trail which led me right to the cache site.Nice spot and a freakishly well stocked cache.Suprised to be only second after a week of this cache being around.Took shotglass and left golfball bottle opener.As I was signing the log I heard gunshots pretty far off.As I made my way to the green trail they happened again this time much closer.The people were heading my way.Fortunatly I had a whistle with me and gave a few long blasts and I was able to shout my position to the "hunters"(Is anything in season now??)They acknowledged me and held off.They were pretty close but I never saw them.Thank god for the whistle that I took from a cache a few months back.Thanks for bringing me here and for the adventure.

Edited by Three Simple Words

Since I see you are from NJ. It could be a couple of things.

Farmers use propane cannons to fire at set times to chase the birds away from that delicious joisy sweet corn.

or it could be hunters getting ready for a waterfowl season that started today.

{I know because I was "DOWN DA SHORE' this past weekend, and my nepew was talking about it]

While Pa.Dove season is in right now hearing more shots should be common from now on.

O'BG

The only season that is currantly open is Crow season...It began on Aug. 14 th

Thanks for the info trailhound....I was thinking that also since it was a Monday, But most crow hunters use a calling device like a {Johnny Stewart}for calling in crows and that area dosent seem to be a great place that one would set up for crows.But then again, not all hunters hunt the same way:o(