Editing Logs

Hi! I am totally new to Waymarking, almost totally new to forums and fairly new to geocaching, so I beg your fogiveness if these questions have been answered before. I tried reading all the old forum messages and coulnd't find the answers.

This weekend, I started logging several waymarks without realizing that different ones had different requirements in regards to photos and so forth. When I realized my mistake, I wanted to change my logs to a note and then when I coul upload a photo, change it back to "visited". I didn't want to delete my logs as I had spent some time and energy writing them. Also, what if I made a typo or wanted to add something to my log?

Also, why can't we trash/delete our photos like we can on GC.com. I accidently uploaded a photo to the wrong log (the log just above the one I was trying to upload to). Now I can't delete that photo (or at least I can't figure out how to) and it looks kind of stupid as it has nothing to do with the catergory or log.

Finally why can't we rotate our photos like we can on gc.com (one again, maybe I just can't figure out how to do it)? I have several vertical pictures that look kind of weird when viewed horizontally. Given that much of Waymarking is about photos, it seems like it would be nice to see the photos in their best format. While I could edit the photo before I uploaded it to make them horizontal, it would mean cropping them weirdly.

Thanks!

Edited by maureensk

Thanks for the replies. I didn't make myself clear as I should have... I mostly just want to know WHY one is not allowed to edit logs after an hour. I don't want to dredge up a hot topic, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Given that the policy is so different from GC.com, I am assuming that there is a specific reason for it.

Edited by maureensk