Announcing Forty-n-Eight's Washington Quarter

Forty-n-Eight

I once ran into a terrifically cool geocoin from Illinois that looked like a penny. I thought it would be fun to make a personal geocoin that looked like a quarter to commemorate my time spent caching in beautiful Washington State, so I did. It is currently being minted (by Oak Coins) and should be here some time in September. Here’s a pic:

Forty-n-EightQuarter.jpg

Coin Details

There will be 500 minted (450 antique silver, 50 antique gold). They will be 1-5/8" x 3.5mm, 3D front, 2D 6-color back and trackable on geocaching.com with a custom icon.

Sale Details

I am making 300 available at $8 each plus some extra for shipping/packaging. The first 200 sold will come as coin and pin sets. The first 30 orders of 5 or more coins will receive a gold coin as one of the coins. You may order up to 10 coins per mailing address. Payment will be via PayPal once they arrive.

If you are interested, feel free to email me at mrjprubin at yahoo.com to get on the notify list. Once they arrive, you’ll receive an email with ordering instructions. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Happy caching!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

Thanks to everyone who emailed to get on the notify list. I checked with the mint today and they expect the coins to arrive between 9/19 and 9/26. I will send payment instructions about a week before they arrive.

The response was great and most of the coins are spoken for. Feel free to write to get on the list for the rest of them. Thanks!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

Thanks to everyone for a successful sale. I have closed the PayPal site for placing orders. All but the last seven orders went in the mail this afternoon.

There are still some coins available including a few gold coins for orders of 5 or more. If you want to get one or some, email me at mrjprubin at yahoo.com and I will send you a Pay Pal invoice. Coins are $8.00 each plus packing and shipping. For a complete price list go here: http://69.24.75.165/washingtonquarter/

Thanks!

Josh

Forty-n-Eight

How comes the Sept. 2006 GeocoinClub Geocoin I just logged has the Washington quarter as its icon? See TB17C6B.

How come there's a bunch of people that have logged my coin? :lol:

Posting tracking numbers can cause some headaches in your logs.

That's not the tracking number, only the reference number. The coin cannot be logged using the reference number.

How comes the Sept. 2006 GeocoinClub Geocoin I just logged has the Washington quarter as its icon? See TB17C6B.

How come there's a bunch of people that have logged my coin? :)

Posting tracking numbers can cause some headaches in your logs.

That's not the tracking number, only the reference number. The coin cannot be logged using the reference number.

oops.. my bad.