Private messages

Can anyone see private messages in waymarks?

I am an leader / owner of a few categories and I can't see them. I have put some private messages in a few of my submitted waymarks, but the category owner just declines the waymark and asks the specific question that I had already answered in the private message.

Are private messages broken?

:anicute: Whaaaaat ???

I usually send a private message with my waymark submissions and have often wondered why the owner of the category asks some of the questions they do, or none at all, when they get rejected. I have also made suggestions there that seemed to go unnoticed.

For instance ...I always add a prefix, until the waymark gets approved, which I explain will be removed afterwards and answer questions that were posted in any rejections. :P .

:D Whaaaaat ???

I usually send a private message with my waymark submissions and have often wondered why the owner of the category asks some of the questions they do, or none at all, when they get rejected. I have also made suggestions there that seemed to go unnoticed.

For instance ...I always add a prefix, until the waymark gets approved, which I explain will be removed afterwards and answer questions that were posted in any rejections. :anicute: .

:P I had no idea. It's a good thing I read the forums. This has happened to me too and I replied a second time using the private message box. How frustrating and a waste of time. :D

:P Whaaaaat ???

For instance ...I always add a prefix, until the waymark gets approved, which I explain will be removed afterwards and answer questions that were posted in any rejections. :anicute: .

I would be one of those guys that asked the questions already answered and about the prefixes.

I have seen several private messages in waymark submissions.

I think they work fine, and it could be that officers are just not reading them when they review the submission. They don't appear in most waymark submissions, so you have to be watching to see when they are there.

If anyone feels that the private message thing is not working, just submit a test waymark with a private message in it to your own group and then archive it when you're done checking with everyone to see if they see the private message in it.

I think they work fine, and it could be that officers are just not reading them when they review the submission. They don't appear in most waymark submissions, so you have to be watching to see when they are there.

If anyone feels that the private message thing is not working, just submit a test waymark with a private message in it to your own group and then archive it when you're done checking with everyone to see if they see the private message in it.

I specifically asked the owner of one of my waymarks that has a private message if he can see it and he cannot. Could it be that some of the new leaders of the groups are not owners so that can't see the messages.

Should only the category owner see them or any officer of the category?

Where are you seeing the private message? In the confirmation email, or on the waymark page, or someplace else?

:ph34r:

Where are you seeing the private message? In the confirmation email, or on the waymark page, or someplace else?

The last item on your "Record Waymark" page, before the variables......and on the bottom of the page of the "Waymark" you submitted you should see the message displayed (if you wrote one) and it is also visible by you and your "Officers" for "Waymarks" submitted to your "Category" :ph34r:

Yes, it appears on a waymark submission after the pictures and description and immediately before the variables.

Here is an example I found. The private message is still there for me to see even after this waymark was approved (in June).

Private Message:

my first benchmark - I hope I'm doing this correctly...

Black Dog Trackers, I submitted this waymark to your category and added a private message. When I didn't hear back from anyone I thought the feature probably wasn't working. Can you and your officers see it? Perhaps the message needs to be relocated if it is just being overlooked. I have never seen one yet on the submissions I have reviewed.

My message was:

Private Message:

I am not familiar enough with designations to properly classify "monumentation type" for this one. If you send me a note as to what type it is I will update it. I am not sure the private message box works so let me know if you saw this message.

I can see it can all of your group?

I've yet to see a private message, even in a specific case where I was told someone had included one. I even went back to that particular waymark page, and there is no private message showing.

However, that waymark was resubmitted after I was told that a private message had been sent, so I think maybe I just missed it the first time, and the re-submit wiped out the previous message.

I'll pay more attention in the future, especially now that I know where to look.

Thanks for all the info BDT and Jake39.