Coordinates Needed - North Augusta SC

Portraider

I am traveling to North Augusta in 2 weeks for the weekend and want to do a little geocaching while there. Can anyone please give me coordinates for the North Augusta Activities Center at 100 Riverview Park Drive? I tried to find this info on-line but was unsuccesful. You can email me at portraider@aol.com.

Thanks!

Portraider

The easiest way to do this is to use Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com

Go to your location by entering it into the search. When your location is found, double click near the tip of the green arrow to force the map to zoom in once without moving too much. Click the "Link to this page" at the top right of the map and you'll see the URL in your browser window change a bit. If you read the characters closely, you'll see a section that says:

...&ll=42.343434,-71.3434343&spn=...

The two numbers quoted above are the latitude and longitude of the center of the current map (they will be the values you're looking for). These two values are made up just to illustrate the section of the URL you are looking for to determine your coordinates.

You can double check the coordinates by putting them into a new google maps search and seeing that it brings up the same location again.

For your convenience, I used this method to get the coordinates for the location you asked for (in degree.decimal format):

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=33.499481,-81.986804&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=33.499481,-81.986804&spn=0.006102,0.013561&om=1&iwloc=A

33.499481 N

81.986804 W

Edited by ju66l3r