Joint Searches

I've spend the last couple of days checking out this Waymarking thing and reading some of the opinions out there. Fortunately, in my area, there do appear to be mostly waymarks for interesting locations. My biggest suggestion right now for improving the sport is that at some future date, gps users could search both databases at the same time. For example, if I am going to be in an area and want to go exploring, I would love to find geocaches and waymarks that are in close proximity to each other in one search. I realize there is a button for nearby geocaches, but being one of the dinosaurs who still has a very slow internet connection this adds time to my search and takes some of the fun out of it. What do people think, Is there a joint search feature in the future of these sites?

I think this will be a real boon to Waymarking when we can download both geocaches and waymarks into .loc or .gpx files.

On Aug 8, OpinioNate said:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2393223

We've still got a way to go before this feature is available. Currently we're working on a fairly major site redesign which has required all our attention to date, but once this foundation is laid we'll begin work on downloads. At first we'll add simple .LOC downloads to slake your thirst while .GPX downloads are developed. The redesign should be nearing completion in a few weeks.

J.A.R.S.