Parking

hjeffeso

We have found some of the locations present parking issues with large motorcycles. The large touring machines don't do side of road, fields and dirt to well. As a thought, might be nice to mention whether location has close proximity, parking for motorcycle.

You might just end up with misleading information, especially from the non-motorcycle-knowledgeable people like me. If I were checking off boxes regarding parking, and there was one for motorcycles, I might think, "Well, there's a little room by the side of the road, not wide enough for a car, but a motorcycle could definitely fit there," and I might check the box that says motorcycle parking is available. Exactly the opposite of what you're apparently hoping for.

We have found some of the locations present parking issues with large motorcycles. The large touring machines don't do side of road, fields and dirt to well. As a thought, might be nice to mention whether location has close proximity, parking for motorcycle.

You might just end up with misleading information, especially from the non-motorcycle-knowledgeable people like me. If I were checking off boxes regarding parking, and there was one for motorcycles, I might think, "Well, there's a little room by the side of the road, not wide enough for a car, but a motorcycle could definitely fit there," and I might check the box that says motorcycle parking is available. Exactly the opposite of what you're apparently hoping for.

True, I would think if a car could go there,so could a bike.

True, I would think if a car could go there,so could a bike.

A bike might be able to GO places but might not be able to park in those same places.

The sidestand on a bike presents a very small footprint and tends to sink into soft ground, gravel,

or even blacktop on a warm sunny day. When the stand sinks, the bike tips over. When the bike

tips over, the biker cries. A crying biker is not a pretty sight.

A suggestion for the motorcycle riders: Carry a small piece of metal or wood to use as a landing pad

to put the sidestand on when parking on softer surfaces. Something as small as an electrical box

cover can be useful, costs almost nothing, and is small enough to stow easilly. Tie a piece of brightly

colored string to it and clip the other end of the string to your bars or someplace to help remind you

not to forget it when you drive off.

Also when you are checking out a cache page scroll down and you will see a link for "Geocaching.com Google Map". when you click on that and get the map there is a hot button that will allow you to switch from map to a satelite view. That may help you decide if there is someplace close to the cache that you can park your monster 2 wheeler. Not poking fun at it as I have a Honda Valkyrie that I have used before.

I drive a full dress Goldwing and to be honest, I have not foun a place that a car can park that I can't. It is more likely that I may not be able to park where other bikes can because of the larger footprint of my bike.