There are still good people in the world!

Moun10Bike

Some of you may recall the story of the Moun10Bike Geocoin that I donated to Team Pez's American Idol contest that wound up being sold on eBay without ever making it to the contest winners (see here).

Well, I found a package in the mail yesterday and upon opening it discovered that it contained that geocoin! (The package wasn't totally unexpected, as I had received mail about it prior to its arrival.) Twin Peaks, the same cacher who journeyed 2000 miles to get a version 1 Moun10Bike Geocoin, had seen the conclusion of the thread on the American Idol contest and took it upon himself to buy the coin and send it back to me.

It goes without saying that his generosity has floored me, and I am thinking of ways to thanks him. His actions have gone a long way in helping to restore my trust in my fellow geocachers, too. I just wanted to share this story so that others would be aware of his kind act.

BisonWoman and medic208, I will be contacting you for mailing addresses. This coin rightfully belongs to one of you, and I will send a second Moun10Bike Geocoin to the other.

Twin Peaks had seen the conclusion of the thread on the American Idol contest and took it upon himself to buy the coin and send it back to me.

What a very generous things to do. I am sure the coin was anything but inexpensive based on what I have seen.

BisonWoman and medic208, I will be contacting you for mailing addresses. This coin rightfully belongs to one of you, and I will send a second Moun10Bike Geocoin to the other.

Hey, that's really cool of you to do. Bet they'll both be thrilled :laughing:

I'm glad I wasn't aware of that controversy at the time.

WOW 2000 miles!!! And I bet he had to climb a mountain too!! :)

WAY TO GO TWIN PEAKS!!! :unsure::laughing:

and many congratulations to BisonWoman and Medic208!!!

It also goes without saying (but I'm saying it anyway) Thank you also Moun10bike for your generosity

Holy Cow!! I was quite surprised when I got the email from Moun10bike. Thanks to both Team Peaks and Moun10bike for their generosity! It's true, there are still good people in the world.

Hey, that's really cool of you to do. Bet they'll both be thrilled :laughing:

Yup, I'm happy happy happy!! :):unsure::P

Of course there are still good peole in the world! A good many of them are right here in these forums.

I'm glad that some good has come out of the bad and you are happy with the results. There are always a couple bad apples, but given the right opportunity even bad apples can become great pie, so don't give up!

Wow! I knew nothing about any of this! I didn't read any of the posts in June because I was so busy teaching summer school. Thank you so much, Moun10Bike, for your generosity! And thank you again to all of you who donated coins and made this such fun! :rolleyes:

*Edit* Twin Peaks, please accept my thanks to you as well for your part in this!

Edited by BisonWoman

Just goes to show that there are people who will go out of their way to make things right. Congrats to Twin Peaks and Moun10Bike for what they have done for the geocaching community. They have both earned a lot of respect and admiration from us all.

I'm sure there are quite a few more out there. Way to go. :P

:P What a great story!!! Thanks Twin Peaks. Even though my coin is a commercial coin and I know that people that buy them have the right to do what ever they want to with the coins they have purchased. I do understand that it is wrong to sell a coin that belongs to someone else. (it should not be done)

Thanks Moun10bike for sharring with all of us..

I was pleasantly surprised to see this topic, and all your reactions made me blush.

What can I say...Thank you all. But....I really believe you are giving me too much credit.

I am geocaching since 2004 and collecting coins since 2005. It gives me (and my family) great pleasure.

It made me do things and brought me to places I never dreamt of doing or seeing before.

By going to events, caching with other people, trading coins, email contacts etc., I’ve met a lot of people and made a lot of friends along the way.

In a way it has become a part of my life and an enriching part at that.

Geocachers form a “community” in the true sense of the word and in that community I see many people doing that extra bit for a fellow cacher.

Discussions on the forum, a friendly word, some good advice, relief fund auctions, donations etc. I am no exception to you all.

I just acted upon instinct, because I felt it was the right thing to do.

So, I agree with UOTracker, we are all good people, the few bad ones being the exception.

:D:huh::)B):D:DB)

I received my generous gift from Moun10Bike today. I opened the envelope to find his geocoin, two of his wooden nickels, and his pin. :D

Thank you Moun10Bike. B)

Thank you Twin Peaks. :D

Thank you to all of you who sent coins for the winners of this contest. :D

Thank you to all of you who participated in this contest. B):)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really something!!!!! :laughing: I love hearing stories with a happy ending!

WIN

Some of you may recall the story of the Moun10Bike Geocoin that I donated to Team Pez's American Idol contest that wound up being sold on eBay without ever making it to the contest winners (see here).

Well, I found a package in the mail yesterday and upon opening it discovered that it contained that geocoin! (The package wasn't totally unexpected, as I had received mail about it prior to its arrival.) Twin Peaks, the same cacher who journeyed 2000 miles to get a version 1 Moun10Bike Geocoin, had seen the conclusion of the thread on the American Idol contest and took it upon himself to buy the coin and send it back to me.

It goes without saying that his generosity has floored me, and I am thinking of ways to thanks him. His actions have gone a long way in helping to restore my trust in my fellow geocachers, too. I just wanted to share this story so that others would be aware of his kind act.

Here's another note to this good news thread. :laughing: When I was communicating with Moun10Bike about his coin that he was sending to me, he told me to be looking for another package from him. This week I got the package and I am now the happy owner of a Meades Ranch Benchmark geocoin thanks to RattlingCrew! :laughing: Thank you so much for your generosity! Additionally, he has sent me some great pictures of Kansas Bison! :laughing: I feel like it's been an early Christmas for me! :laughing: Thanks again to everyone!