Third And Final Apology To Jeremy

pleaseforgivemejeremy

Hello Jeremy,

This is slumbersix once again. I have been trying to apologize to you multiple times through email, PMs, and through the forums. You have blocked my posting priveleges because of the past apologies and I don't know why. Here is my final apology to you and I hope we can put the past behind us and move on. I am posting this on this forum and the geocoin forum as that is where the original offense occured.

"Hello Jeremy and GC Forum staff,

This is slumbersix from geocaching.com. I have emailed you a few times and posted my apologies on the forums a couple of times(both have been locked). I really am sorry for the trouble I caused on the site because of the illegal alien coin and am truly apologizing for my actions. I am asking for you to accept my apologies and to forgive me for actions. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to get to back in your graces and to revive my logging priveleges on gc.com. I don't even want posting priveleges in the forums, I would just like to be able to log my finds.

I will be awaiting your response.

Sincerely,

Joe/Slumbersix"

Edited by pleaseforgivemejeremy

So what did this guy do anyways? Must have been something horrible.

So, what I did was use the picture of the illegal alien geocoin in my profile and told jeremy i wouldnt take it out. I've tried PMing him, posting on the forums, and emailing him. I tried the PM route(still was able to do PMs with my original account because I hadn't logged out) and emailing him(haven't heard received a reply through PMs or emails for two weeks) so I decided to try to stand up and publicly apologize to the man. I would just like to know that he accepts my apology regardless of whether or not he allows me to continue to be a member. Is that so much to ask for? All I would like to hear is yes, I accept your apology but you can no longer use the site; yes, i accept your apology and you can resume use of the site in so many months; or no, i do not accept your apology.

I took the first step in trying to fix a wrong that I commited.

So...slumbersix gets banned and I just saw slumbersix1 on the geocoin section....think I smell Mr. Socko?

And you are right. There is also a slumbersix1 account that I created to apologize to Jeremy since he will not return emails.

I've been trying to email him and he will not return emails so I have come here trying to apologize but apparently that's not working.

Somehow, I don't think you are going to get in anyone's good graces by violating the rules of this site by creating new accounts to get around your ban. Sounds like your just digging your hole deeper and deeper...........

I'm not trying to get around the ban. I'm trying to publicly apologize so I know that Jeremy has seen it as I'm not sure if he has received the emails I have sent to support@geocaching.com(the email address in his GC profile). Like I said, I would just like to know that he has received it and either accepted or denied my apology.

Somehow, I don't think you are going to get in anyone's good graces by violating the rules of this site by creating new accounts to get around your ban. Sounds like your just digging your hole deeper and deeper...........

I'm not trying to get around the ban. I'm trying to publicly apologize so I know that Jeremy has seen it as I'm not sure if he has received the emails I have sent to support@geocaching.com(the email address in his GC profile). Like I said, I would just like to know that he has received it and either accepted or denied my apology.

The support at geocaching.com address is very busy. Several days for a reply is not uncommon. I'm in before the lock, though. :rolleyes:

Also in before the lock....

And I've noticed that generally speaking, if someone's ignoring you, they're either 1) too busy to reply right now and/or 2) they don't accept your apology.

I figured it's probably number 2. But this time I thought I would ask for his reply to see if he would reply to it. I'm not really expecting anything from him but I would like to know whether or not he accepts it. I doubt its the too busy part as its been two weeks and no reply.

or 3) doesn't particularly want to encourage any further discussion on this topic.

All he would have to do is reply through email to not encourage the further discussion of this topic.

In fact, he can email me at drawing_black_lines@hotmail.com. He should already have it from the emails that I sent him but I want to make sure he also has it here.

derailment.jpg

You know... Almost all the time I see people talking about how we're a community here and we need to be nice to people. However, it seems that people just like to criticize. I posted the apologies here so Jeremy could see them since he I wasn't sure if he received them through the emails or PMs. I didn't ask for people to comment or make smart remarks. So, if you don't have anything constructive to add to this, please stay out of it(and no, posting a picture of trainwrecks, horse beatings, etc does not constitute constructive material).

So, if you don't have anything constructive to add

It might have been good to think of this before starting this thread.

See, its comments like that that don't belong in this thread. My original post was to apologize to Jeremy for my previous actions since he was either not recieving or responding to private correspondence. Please, no more posts in this post unless its Jeremy and I.

You know... Almost all the time I see people talking about how we're a community here and we need to be nice to people.

Most folks who use the 'net don't regard trolls as people. By your repeated posting of the same nonsense - what category do you think most readers of this forum categorize you as?

I didn't ask for people to comment or make smart remarks. So, if you don't have anything constructive to add to this, please stay out of it(and no, posting a picture of trainwrecks, horse beatings, etc does not constitute constructive material).

Another basic fact of internet usage is that once you release a thread into the wild in a public place, it is no longer yours to control.

See, its comments like that that don't belong in this thread. My original post was to apologize to Jeremy for my previous actions since he was either not recieving or responding to private correspondence. Please, no more posts in this post unless its Jeremy and I.

If it's a private matter -- which it really ought to be -- then you ought to rely exclusively on private communications. That would, by the way, likely aid in your quest for reinstatement. But once you start a public forum thread, the topic is open for anyone who cares to comment on it. I think some of the animosity you're seeing in your threads is because it ought to be discussed outside the forums.

If it's a private matter -- which it really ought to be -- then you ought to rely exclusively on private communications. That would, by the way, likely aid in your quest for reinstatement. But once you start a public forum thread, the topic is open for anyone who cares to comment on it. I think some of the animosity you're seeing in your threads is because it ought to be discussed outside the forums.

You are right that it should have been communicated through private forms of communication. However, once Jeremy wouldn't confirm that he received my apology, I wanted to bring it here so that I was sure he would receive the communication. Once again, I have tried communicating privately and have not heard a response and that is why I have opened up three threads trying to hear from Jeremy. However, people continue to drag the thread away from the apology and off topic of what it was created for. And seeing as how they were closed before Jeremy posted a reply to them, I do not know if he had viewed them.

Most folks who use the 'net don't regard trolls as people. By your repeated posting of the same nonsense - what category do you think most readers of this forum categorize you as?

Another basic fact of internet usage is that once you release a thread into the wild in a public place, it is no longer yours to control.

I wasn't trying to troll. I was trying to make sure Jeremy had seen my apology and to give him a chance to reply to it since he wasn't replying to emails or PMs. And the posts hadn't been non-sense until people like you had drug them off and posted non-sense comments in them.

And seeing as how they were closed before Jeremy posted a reply to them, I do not know if he had viewed them.

Jeremy reads this section of the forums pretty thoroughly, from what I've seen in the past (since it's his website). Perhaps the thread closing, and the apparent banning of the 2 socks you created, according to the profile pages, was your answer?

Creating more sock puppets, as has been suggested by others in this and your other threads, is not the way to go about it. Kind of like a kid repeatedly asking his mother for a cookie, hoping that out of the times she's repeated the answer "No", that she'll change her mind and give in. Don't know that I see that happening.

And that's a serious answer... about as serious as you'll get it seems, unless Jeremy responds himself. :P

And seeing as how they were closed before Jeremy posted a reply to them, I do not know if he had viewed them.

Jeremy reads this section of the forums pretty thoroughly, from what I've seen in the past (since it's his website). Perhaps the thread closing, and the apparent banning of the 2 socks you created, according to the profile pages, was your answer?

Creating more sock puppets, as has been suggested by others in this and your other threads, is not the way to go about it. Kind of like a kid repeatedly asking his mother for a cookie, hoping that out of the times she's repeated the answer "No", that she'll change her mind and give in. Don't know that I see that happening.

And that's a serious answer... about as serious as you'll get it seems, unless Jeremy responds himself. :P

I know Jeremy reads these forums fairly often and that is why I have posted the apology to them. I was just figuring maybe one of the other mods closed the thread before he read it and decided not to respond because one of the other mods closed it. Things like that happen.

As for this being a sock puppet account, technically thats not true. People use sock puppet accounts to hide behind and not reveal an identity. I have been completely forthcoming in that I am the account slumbersix. No denial of that or trying to hide it.

From wikipedia- Sockpuppet (sometimes known also as a mule, glove puppet, or joke account) is an additional account created by an existing member of an Internet community pretending to be a separate person. This may be done so as to manufacture the illusion of support in a vote or argument or to act without social effect on one's "main" account. This behaviour is often seen as dishonest by online communities and as a result these individuals are often labeled as trolls.

Although the "sock puppet" concept has been applied to the use of different sender names for the same e-mail account on different computers the use of such alternate IDs to identify a particular computer may not always be for the purpose of deception.

The thing was... He didn't ban the other account, slumbersix1... Someone just revoked the posting priveleges. He did completely ban my "REAL"with all of my finds and the single coin that I activated. So, I could use slumbersix1 for finds now, but that requires me to transfer 500+ finds over to the new account. I would be completely content to have access to my regular account for posting finds and not be able to post in the forums anymore.

I would just like to hear from Jeremy in a post, email to drawing_black_lines@hotmail.com, or a PM to either slumbersix1 or pleaseforgivemejeremy(since I can no longer access my slumbersix account).

And Robert, I appreciate that that appears to be a sincere and non-flamebait post that you posted for your response to me.

This so reminds me of the kid in the corner that keeps asking if their timeout is up yet. Just shutup, be good, and stop harping on the past and eventally time will pass.

I also think if you really want to appogize you should do it in private. Not using it as a public soap box. If someone you want to appogize to doesn't want to talk to you, then obvisously it isn't time to appogize yet :P

Edited by welch

Locked threads don't become inaccessible. In fact, I often check those first, out of curiosity. If you've had multiple threads in this forum, Jeremy's seen them.

Multiple threads, multiple forms of communication, multiple accounts over multiple weeks with no reply? Persisting in spite of all is approaching creepy and stalker-y, frankly.

I'd bet good money Jeremy is aware of your several postings from more than one user account.

I recommend one last post to ask the mods to close this thread.

Then just wait and see if you get a personal response. If you stil feel the need to contact gc.com email is the formal contact method.

You know... Almost all the time I see people talking about how we're a community here and we need to be nice to people. However, it seems that people just like to criticize. I posted the apologies here so Jeremy could see them since he I wasn't sure if he received them through the emails or PMs. I didn't ask for people to comment or make smart remarks. So, if you don't have anything constructive to add to this, please stay out of it(and no, posting a picture of trainwrecks, horse beatings, etc does not constitute constructive material).

So you don't believe that "One Picture is Worth Ten Thousand Words"?

Now posting a picture of a llama would be considered non-constructive IMHO.

I think what I would do in this case is to e-mail him saying that you are sincerly sorry for your actions and the 3 threads of stalker like apologizes. Tell him that you will e-mail him in a few months and let it lie. These threads might be very entertaining to him or very bothersome. Its obvious to everyone here that he doesn't want to talk to you or respond to the repeated e-mails, PM's, Accounts and threads. Your obviously sorry for your actions but you obviously must have hit a raw nerve. Leave it alone and let it heal. Come back later and try again. If it was me recieving all of the "please forgive me" e-mails, PM's, and threads I would consider it harassment and consider permently banning you. Like everyone else has said here, "enough is enough" He obviously knows your sorry so just chill for a bit and try again at a much later date through an e-mail not through repeated threads. That's just my 2 cents. Sorry if you think my opinion sucks or if you think I'm being mean but that how I feel. Swizzle

So you don't believe that "One Picture is Worth Ten Thousand Words"?

Now posting a picture of a llama would be considered non-constructive IMHO.

Meh.

'Tain't worth wasting a perfectly good llama on. :P

I think what I would do in this case is to e-mail him saying that you are sincerly sorry for your actions and the 3 threads of stalker like apologizes. Tell him that you will e-mail him in a few months and let it lie. These threads might be very entertaining to him or very bothersome. Its obvious to everyone here that he doesn't want to talk to you or respond to the repeated e-mails, PM's, Accounts and threads. Your obviously sorry for your actions but you obviously must have hit a raw nerve. Leave it alone and let it heal. Come back later and try again. If it was me recieving all of the "please forgive me" e-mails, PM's, and threads I would consider it harassment and consider permently banning you. Like everyone else has said here, "enough is enough" He obviously knows your sorry so just chill for a bit and try again at a much later date through an e-mail not through repeated threads. That's just my 2 cents. Sorry if you think my opinion sucks or if you think I'm being mean but that how I feel. Swizzle

When he banned my slumbersix account he said it was permanent. That is why I'm trying to apologize to him. I also noticed he changed my sig for my slumbersix posts right after he banned me.

I'm no longer going to reply to any posts to this thread other than Jeremys. I'll let it die and see if Jeremy will ever accept my apology.

Ok, let me give you some advice, despite the fact that you're ignoring all previous advice anyway.

Being an admin of a different message board, I can somewhat see where you're coming from, but you're going at it in a completely unacceptable way.

Y'see... if I ban someone for X amount of time... typically, they will... y'know... not do what you're doing... for that X time, and when the ban time is up, hopefully they will learn from their mistake.

However, if said person creates another username during the ban time, even if it's to 'apologize' or give some random excuse (having adhd seems to be a popular one lately), then they're breaking the rules in ORDER to attempt to apolgize. Now y'see... this is EXACTLY where the "two wrongs don't make a right" saying comes into play. What I do at this point is usually double (or more) the ban time.

Now... you've indicated this is your third time. Should this have been on my board, this "third time" would mean that your IP-address would be banned from the site, if not the server entirely. Worst case scenario, we would ban your IP-range, despite that it may block others from accessing the site.

This is what you're doing right now. You're essentially in the process of forcing gc to ban your ip or ip-range which might result in making OTHER people not be able to come here. This is about the last thing that you want to do. Why? Because what you're doing is considered harassment, and if it causes enough problems, GC might just find it easier to take legal action against you instead of attempt to un-ban the good people in your range, but keep you banned.

So take my advice. Cut your losses and run. You've been perma-banned, so the only way that you'll EVER get back here is if you can prove yourself to be responsable on a DIFFERENT site of some sort, and then MAYBE, although highly unlikely, you might allowed on in several YEARS. So seriously... anything that you're doing now will just lead to GC talking to your ISP and getting your internet service cut, if not worse.

Hi there. Thanks. I think we got it.

Please post no new topics relating to this. Three is enough. Feel free to write the contact address. No new topics of this manner.

This one is closed. You don't even need to PM me. Please take it to email, as the forum guidelines stipulate.

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

Posting Messages: Posting the same message to many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages will be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board, moderators will move topics that are posted inappropriately.