Searching with Google Maps...

Team JSAM

I'm having the same problem, it's not showing premium member caches either. I posted the same question on another topic. This started when GC.com made some changes to various pages. I love using the google maps because of the own/found feature. I have trouble remembering which caches I've already found. My eyesite is fading also! :laughing:

So, does Groundspeak have anything to say on this topic? I've posted several times about other bugs I've noticed with no replies from Groundspeak. I guess were stuck with using PQ's and throwing the waypoints on mapping software to plan a day of caching until this issue is resolved. :rolleyes:

So, does Groundspeak have anything to say on this topic? I've posted several times about other bugs I've noticed with no replies from Groundspeak. I guess were stuck with using PQ's and throwing the waypoints on mapping software to plan a day of caching until this issue is resolved. :rolleyes:

If Groundspeak were here, they'd probably note that it's the weekend and they normally monitor the forums a bit more closely during their work week. The thread was just started hours ago. I'm sure that at some point Raine or Jeremy will notice it and say "we're workin' on it."

Anybody know why when you search for a cache using the Google maps version it wont show your finds?

I'm having a different problem: when clicking on the "View Details" link in Google Earth, an error message is displayed saying that the key being used was registered for a different site.

The problem seems to be the URL being generated by the Google Earth .kmz file is wrong, and contains "geocaching.com//seek/..." rather than "geocaching.com/seek/...". Should be easy to fix, but it's quite annoying getting an error on every link.

"I worked on it, and fixed it."

I till be out in the next site release..

-Raine

Not being the most technologically literate in the bunch, can someone tell me what/when "the next site release" is? I've never heard this expression before.

Also, does Raine mean the entire Google maps issue or just the last post about the + and - issue?

Thanks,

DB

The +/- issue isn't an issue for me.. it shows up under all browsers I test with..

maybe hold down SHIFT and press F5 and get a complete refresh of the page.

The issue I addressed was the finds/PM only caches are now working correctly.

-Raine

maybe hold down SHIFT and press F5 and get a complete refresh of the page.

The issue I addressed was the finds/PM only caches are now working correctly.

-Raine

I use Firefox but even broke down and opened IE. Shift+F5 doesn't seem to do anything. I tried deleting files and cookies. Still nothing. When in Google Maps the web pages doesn't recognize I'm logged on as a PM.

Any more ideas?

DB