help please

Jan and the Percey Boys

I am trying to decide the answer to a question or two and decided to ask from those who know i.e.

YOU

I am in the process of designing a non trackable trade only geocoin (having already done the trackable version) My questions are as follows

Is it important to number them as they will sit in collections?

Do many people still collect non-iconed coins ( I know I do!)

Thanks for your opinions

Bob

I am trying to decide the answer to a question or two and decided to ask from those who know i.e.

YOU

I am in the process of designing a non trackable trade only geocoin (having already done the trackable version) My questions are as follows

Thanks for your opinions

Bob

I don't care if a coin has an icon or not. If I like the design, I collect it.

Our coin is non-trackable, as I want people who find it to be able to keep it. I like the idea of a number, but I didn't want to have to hand number each coin, so I numbered the little "info sheet" I tuck into the sleeve with the coin.

Tiki

Numbering is nice, but we don't look for it specifically. That being said, we just got a Goblin Valley SP Utah coin yesterday, and it is very nice to see "166/200". But if a coin doesn't have sequential numbering, it does not keep us from buying it.

Sure, but I have to admit that the icon is nice because it makes it easier to recognize it in our list. But a good coin without an icon is still a good coin. And a nifty icon won't save a poorly-design coin.

The above notwithstanding, we have almost no non-trackables in our collection because we don't have a personal coin of our own, and it's tough to get coins that are trade-only if you don't have any of your own. This is something of a vicious (or at least annoying :rolleyes:) cycle.

When I started collecting, I was buying and getting mostly trackables, but I realized not long after that by not getting the non-trackables or personal coins, I would be missing out on some of the gems.

So slowly I've started getting some of the non-trackables and personals of those who I get to know a little more on the forum. One day, I'm going to have to take the leap and have my own personal coin made up.

Numbering is nice but not absolutely necessary.

For my latest coin TSD-V2 I decided to go back to non-trackable. I don't even have th coin yet (expected 9/8) and I have already traded around 100 out of the 300 I ordered. So I believe having a non rackable is not a big stopper in ability to trade. More important is have a good design that is personal in nature.

But I do like it when coins are numbered so I have gone with numbering the coins.

Team Sand Dollar