First to Find Card Game

Bryan

Groundspeak is pleased to announce the addition of a really cool new product at Shop Groundspeak:

The First To Find Card Game

cards500.jpg

"First to Find" is a standard deck of playing cards with the four season as the suits. Each card has unique artwork to represent the gear, obstacle and movement aspects of the game.

You can learn more about the card game at The First To Find Card Game Web Site

We are very excited about this new game and we really hope you like it.

As one of the designers of the project, I'm very excited to see interest in the game.

The deck comes with a set of rules to play "First to Find!", but you can also use the cards to play any other game you would normally play with a standard deck of playing cards. And I'm sure Cachers will find other uses for the cards in caches or at events.

For an overview of the rules, the game uses a basic design of matching season cards. Players gain points by playing Movement cards, try to slow down other players with Obstacles, and overcome obstacles with Gear cards.

It's a fast paced game that's suitable for players of all ages, and the artwork is different on every card to keep the game interesting. Feel free to visit the ftfcardgame.com site to make comments on the guest book, or send me an email with comments or questions.

Thanks!

Interesting.

At first I thought it was a game where you left cards in caches for the FTF and then they had to make hands (like poker hands) out of the cards they got out. Wouldn't that make the FTF hunt even that much more crazy...

that would be cool and i will talk to the people in my area to see if i can get that started and have it where everyone meet in a month and the best hand gets a prize. i would think you would mark the deck or use a deck that is different to keep people from cheating

Great minds think alike! I had just posted a simular idea on DixieCachers and these forums that might make a fun variant!

I like signature cards, and want to suggest a new style... a variation on this new FTF game... yes you heard it here first... geocachers personalized playing cards!

Plastic to hold up in caches, with your avatar, picture, witty signature statement, whatever, and the reverse is a standard playing card!

A truly unique and uasable interactive signature card.

Swap 'em, leave 'em in caches, collect a set of your favorite 52 geocachers!

What do you think? WAY cheaper than geocoins... the manufacturors I have seen so far charge less then 50 cents a card.

Google "personalized playing cards" for info.

This would fit right in with the FTF game.

Ed

A few months (or years) ago i found less confusing, more detailed rules posted online somewhere. i printed them out and stuck them in my tin and really enjoy playing with the kids. Now...i am trying to find the link that i found those rules at. Anyone have the link? Some friends of ours now have the game and don't understand the rules that came with it - which is the problem with the game, the directions are quite confusing! I am trying to help them out and can't find the link. If nothing else, I will type them up and send them, but if someone could supply the link, that would be much easier.

A few months (or years) ago i found less confusing, more detailed rules posted online somewhere. i printed them out and stuck them in my tin and really enjoy playing with the kids. Now...i am trying to find the link that i found those rules at. Anyone have the link? Some friends of ours now have the game and don't understand the rules that came with it - which is the problem with the game, the directions are quite confusing! I am trying to help them out and can't find the link. If nothing else, I will type them up and send them, but if someone could supply the link, that would be much easier.

photo of the rules card here

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25279/first-to-find