COIN JUNKIES!REPORT IN!

Ryder3 & Better Half

I don't activate coins in my collection unless they're traded that way by the original folks who made them. So 99.5% of my owned coins are actually travellers.

In my collection last count was 1247 plus about 11 or so one of a kinds that are not on my public list where I obatined that total.

I don't activate coins in my collection unless they're traded that way by the original folks who made them. So 99.5% of my owned coins are actually travellers.

In my collection last count was 1247 plus about 11 or so one of a kinds that are not on my public list where I obatined that total.

:laughing: COOL

I'll have my collection with me at GW5, but have no idea how I will go about sharing with people. I guess the lobby of my motel might be a good spot. :laughing:

72 registered and at least one of each extra or more, about 50 to activate and doubles on most, thats not counting non trackables around 75 or so, also not counting incoming coins ,,

About 344 coins ,,there is my luckey number again LOL and just started collecting 5 months in.. :laughing: And its all AG's fault and I'm sticking to my story :laughing: !! My first coin was a JeeperMTJ I bought from her while I was searching Jeep parts on ebay..

Yes I'm addicted Glenn

Well, that is a GOOD question, as it turns out.... According to my XL spreadsheet, I have 861 keepers. According to CoinTracking, I have 874 keepers..... Looks like I need to figure out where the difference is.... I also have 19 that have been activated -- 18 of which are in the wild. I feel like I'm getting swamped with email lately on all 18 of those travelers....One of my coins is on its way to Alaska. Very cool....

We have 169 activated. No idea how many we have in the collection not activated.

According to our trading list we have 239 keepers but that list is not complete after doing some I got bored and stop logging the keepers.

I should sit down and finish it and count them.....better yet I should have the kids count them!

I don't have any. I'm pretty new to this. Where do you get them? Ebay?

Heaven's, no!! Most of them we buy through links right in this here forum :laughing: We also signed up with just about every geocoin website, so we get announcements of a lot of the new ones. We've never bought a geocoin on ebay, although we've been tempted once or twice :laughing:

Edited by chaosmanor

245 activated, plus a few boxes and sacks sitting around.

I think around 100 geodetic coins still, silver and brass combined.

Looks like about 40 that are not trackable.

It is quite the illness, I have 500 paid for, but they are not here yet. Bud and I are waiting.......

8fcb8018-fd8c-4002-b082-dc928b1f2f7b.jpg

Those 500 would be the 3" Initial Point coins, time to start wearing suspenders.... :laughing: Glen

I have a little over 200, and I don't know how to display them. I've activated most of them because I like seeing the list of icons on my profile page. It's causing some problems at home with my collection getting out of hand. (I don't know how someone can organize over 1,000 coins -- maybe some day I'll find out.) So, I'm wondering were this is all going. Are there going to be so many geocoins out that no one could keep up with it and then the desire to collect would go away? I'm thinking that maybe I should stop now. But then I snap out of it and look for the next trade or purchase. After making my first coin, which should be out the end of this month, I am realizing that you have to have your own coin because more coins become available to trade for then.

We have about 40 or so. Keep them in a notebook. Haven't activated any of them.

Question? Do you think it is better to activate them or not? I don't intend to sell them, trade them, or put them out to travel, and I don't care about the icons. So...................? I just like to look at them, and show them to friends.

We have a local group here that has a lot of coins and they activate them and everybody in the group can "discover" them, and then have the icons on their profile. They want me to activate mine and add to the list, but I'm just not sure if I want to.

Edited by The Amigos

(I don't know how someone can organize over 1,000 coins -- maybe some day I'll find out.)

8 binders - 2" and 3" mead zipper binders, varying coin pages from 2x2, 3x3 and the baseball card size for those odd shaped coins that are larger than 2".

And I really don't collect them all. There are several that I passed on and even more where I only bought/traded for 1 metal version. So if Mauison had not broken his addiction, he'd actually have more coins than me :laughing:

Another question is how many coins do you have in your collection when you exclude multiple metal/coloring of the same coin. The total number of coins that has at least one side done with a new mold.

When I go back through mine and my dads collection I have only 12 coins that have the same minting and my dad has 13. And most of these are the multiple metals of our own coins.

So my collection presently has 501 totally different coins plus 28 pending and my dads collection presently has 642 totally different coins plus 32 pending.

Team Sand Dollar

We have 812 activated and around 500 unactivated. Of the 812 activated geocoins, about 125 of them are travellers. The rest are in our geocoin binders (21 binders currently).

(we have 26 binders of sig items we've collected from caches, as well + a BIG mortar shell ammo can of sig items that won't fit in binders)

(we aren't junkies, we just need a few more items before we open our geocaching museum) :rolleyes:

-Marky

In my deffense I have to say I am NOT a junky :rolleyes: . I do however want my daughter to have an interesting collection rather than barbie dolls or the beanie babies she inherrited from me...

So SHE has 73 activated coins - with another 10-15 that I haven't activated yet

SHE also has another 100 or so personal coins that are not trackable.

We have halted our mass trades for awhile to wait for other interesting coins to add to her collection so she can probably add another 100 or so with those trades.

I myself will claim about a handful of the coins as mine, and my husband collected the civil war ones for himself.

:rolleyes: hmmm, yeah, no I"m deffinately NOT a junky! :huh:

<_< My total is pretty measly (68 coins activated and 8 unactivated for trades or to sell). My budget is pretty limited so I only buy those that I really like and which I feel are affordable. I started out with my collection putting them in a curio cabinet in my house. When that got unmanageable, I bought a binder and foam and 9-pocket sheets like you display baseball cards in. I now have all my coins in this binder where you can see the front and the backs of every coin. On the front of the foam I have the name of the coin and on the back I have the tracking and activation numbers. I like to take my coins to events so people can discover them and enjoy them. More than a few people have started collecting because they saw my coins and that is kind of fun. I really enjoy this new hobby (I've been at it about 6 months now) and plan to continue collecting as long as I can still afford it.

We have recently discovered that our collection is getting CRAZY!

Just wondering how far other folks have gone.

So,How many coins do you have REGESTERED on your profile as OWNED?

We are at about 195.(Hope we are not the only crazy ones LOL!)

CHEERS!!

200+

Mostly Personals, with maybe 20 or so others that are not personals but are special to me.

Well I didn't think I was a junkie until today :) . I drove 2 hours and 122 miles for one coin :unsure: , and it was all worth it :P . Added my 641st coin to my collection, it was one of those elusive Geocoin Fairy Geocoins :)

Now THERES an addiction! LOL!! But a LUCKY one for you! CONGRATS on your find! Sure wish that elusive fairy would come to VA, and bask in the sun at the beach for a well deserved rest,(and of course,a little sprinkling of fairy dust around the area!) :)

Well, one can only HOPE!! LOL!! :laughing:

Too many to count. One of these days they'll all be organized. I have 120 currently in an album. I probably have 2-3 (maybe more!) times that many more waiting for album-ing, although they are ready to put in pages. Plus there are around 100 traders. I'd say I might have a coin problem, but I'm sure I can stop anytime I want to! :laughing:

My grown son who has cached with us a couple of times, because we were travelling & he "had" to stop with us, doesn't understand this obsession at all. He asked me how many coins I had & I was embarrassed to tell him I had about 400 keepers & about 350 to travel. Now, I don't have to be embarrassed! I'm no where near as bad as the rest of you!!!! Addicted? No, I'm not addicted! I only spend a few hours a day trying to keep up with the forums & e-mails :D I can't miss out on that new coin about to be released. I can't miss out......... I gotta go, I gotta hurry, I have to leave the house in 30min & I still haven't gotten thru it all! :D

Well I didn't think I was a junkie until today :) . I drove 2 hours and 122 miles for one coin :) , and it was all worth it B) . Added my 641st coin to my collection, it was one of those elusive Geocoin Fairy Geocoins B)

I can finally admit my growing addiction now, after seeing this posting!! My wife and I are both avid cachers (well. maybe I am avid and she just humors me!). Anyway this summer, we drove over 620 km out of our way to grab a Germany geocoin :huh: . We were headed to St. John's (Nfld & Lab) from Deer Lake, but instead, drove from Deer Lake to Rose Blanche and back to Deer Lake.... then drove another 120 km (for a total of 740km) towards our original goal... St. John's! We also did over 400 caches this summer, and reached 1000 caches overall. We have our own geocoin, and I guess we are... (I am!) just a little addicted! I love all aspects of caching! :D