World Wide Multi-cache

Come on guys lets not let this die. The fifty -state multi cache was a success, no reason a world wide wouldn't. We just need to do some major brain storming. I'm thinking on it and as soon as I think of something I'll post.

Arctic Warriors

Wait, what 50-state multi? Give me a link....I have never heard of such a thing.

I think that it needs to be a cache like the 50 state USA one, because i will never go all over the world to find co'ods engraved someware. it should be a puzzle cache so people not seeking it can still enjoy the caches. also they would have to be of the best quality. no P&G'S or micros. and the caches need to have really great trade items and be hidden in sightseeing locations, as people would be going around the world to find them.

ALSO

*bump*

Has anyone heard of one? I couldn't imagine there being one that starts one place and leads you around the world, but it could be possible. I would do it just for the fame in our geocaching community, but I would do it slowly, one waypoint at a time. Has anyone heard of one before?

Try GCRBP2, we have just completed it :D - best cache we've finished yet.

James Lobb is right. We need to have a series of caches all over that still stand alone. One thing we need to figure out is where we want them. Do we want one per country or caches at awesome places. If we want one per country the USA will only have one. If we want them at awesome places, the USA might have more than one. Just something to think about.

James Lobb is right. We need to have a series of caches all over that still stand alone. One thing we need to figure out is where we want them. Do we want one per country or caches at awesome places. If we want one per country the USA will only have one. If we want them at awesome places, the USA might have more than one. Just something to think about.

I suggest each country's capital

I have never been to D.C but i think a cache in say the grand canyon would be good, or on mount saint helens. you get the picture, i think the place needs to be of ecological sigificance as thats what geocaching is all about, the woods and the wilderness. also on in hawai or alaska would be ok, because there seperated form mainland usa, also Hawaii is en route to L.A from the southern hemisphere.

i really want this to happen, im fine with helping organize it if you want

Edited by James Lobb

Has anyone heard of one? ... one that starts one place and leads you around the world...

I was planning one until the rules were changed. The requirement to have a local contact for remotely placed caches brought my plans to a screaching halt. Back then, many countries didn't have a single geocacher or cache, so coming up with a local contact for maintenance between my visits was not possible.

I also found evidence at a cache in Bangkok that another geocacher was working on the same concept. He had stamped coordinates on a brass tag and epoxied it to a concrete curb. The coords were for a location thousands of miles away. He also had to abandon his plan before it was completed.

Edited by worldtraveler

I don't think that if each stage of the series was an individual cache owned by a cacher in the area that it was placed we will run into any rule violations. I could be wrong, though.

So far we have the USA & Australia on board. I read that there are caches in 222 countries. We only have 220 countries left to recruit. This is encouragement guys. We are undertaking a WORLD WIDE series of caches - it's going to take some to coordinate.

Arctic Warriors