Garmin GPSmap 76 for sale

WestWind

Hello all,

I have a Garmin GPSmap 76 for sale, asking $150. I have the latest Garmin Topo maps and the Garmin U.S. Roads & Recreation both on CD. I can pre-load any areas of interest that you want to the unit before shipment.

I was going to load some photos of it on here but i guess this site does not allow it, if you are interested I can send you the photos.

If you have any questions feel free to ask,

Thanks for looking,

westwind

Ok, how about if I drop the price to $140? Any takers?

Hello all,

I have a Garmin GPSmap 76 for sale, asking $150. I have the latest Garmin Topo maps and the Garmin U.S. Roads & Recreation both on CD. I can pre-load any areas of interest that you want to the unit before shipment.

I was going to load some photos of it on here but i guess this site does not allow it, if you are interested I can send you the photos.

Thanks for looking,

westwind

Ok, final price drop

Anyone interested for say $125 + shipping? I kinda figured this unit would go quickly as it is a great unit! I have run a lot of the eTrex series next to this one and it maintains the signal so much better. Anyway, if you want to make an offer feel free.

Thanks,

westwind

Hello all,

Thanks for looking,

westwind

This would be a very good starter unit. Certainly NOT limited to Marine use. I started with the "S" unit. Found lots of Caches with it. This one doesn't have the extra "S" sensors and has less Memory (won't be able to load much Map data). Used as a starter unit you probably won't miss that. It is one of the larger handheld units. I don't have any problem with that, but more seem to prefer the 60 size. You should keep it pointed toward the sky for best reception (everybody I showed mine to always wanted to hold it FLAT). A plug in external antenna, external power, and a good windshield/dash mount and you're ready for offroading. It is two generations old technology but it will still do a good job.

Is it just a marine unit? Or is it to be used anywhere? I may be interested. I'm looking for a good unit to start off with and if I can get a nice one to learn on, so much the better. I'd be using it for offroading.

I've used a 76 S for the past 5 years on land and at sea. The unit functions just fine in both circumstances. Those that try to distinguish marine from land are just not familiar with the capabilities of these devices or have not familiarized themselves with the unit's capabilities. I just upgraded to a 76CSx to get the bright sunlight readable screen and the new fast grabbing firm ware. The 76S is a fine portable GPS.