I have finally done it...

I have entered enough Waymarks in the "National Registry of Historic Places" category in St. Louis to make Waymarking come up first on the Google search page ... Google Search National Registry of Historic Places St. Louis Missouri :laughing: I have watched it move up the page as I submitted more Waymarks.

:laughing:

Way to go, BruceS! Next on the list to conquer - Kansas City. Then, the world!

I have entered enough Waymarks in the "National Registry of Historic Places" category in St. Louis to make Waymarking come up first on the Google search page ... Google Search National Registry of Historic Places St. Louis Missouri :laughing: I have watched it move up the page as I submitted more Waymarks.

:laughing:

Way to go, BruceS! Next on the list to conquer - Kansas City. Then, the world!

I haven't finished St. Louis yet :laughing: I still have another 50 or more to go with a St. Louis address... Then I will have to do St. Louis County. (The City of St. Louis is not part of St. Louis County... it is a home rule city). We have a ways to go to get Waymarking on the top with just National Register of Historic Places as the query... we are on the bottom of page 5. :o

Edited by BruceS
ChapterhouseInc Posted Today, 04:38 PM

yes, content can get you higher in search results, but i think that number of times acessed (as from a google search) can also increase your 'standing'--the most popular sites with some relevance move closer to '#1'.....

Velly inter resting :laughing:

I just "Googled" Ontario Historical Plaques" and found it not as #1 :laughing: but as #3, right below the "Official" Registry. :laughing:

B.T.W. - When I searched my name previously, I didn't like the links that were also listed and had considered changing my 'handle' so as not get lumped in with that other character.

...But to-day I am happy to report that I am #1 2894d85b-068c-4981-b8a9-b87f566a4b64.jpg