Explorist 210 Help Downloading From PC

Images4U

I've been using an Explorist 200 for geocaching, but upgraded to the 210 so I could download waypoints instead of entering by hand. Is there a way to download multiple waypoints, without using pocket queries? I'm using the Magellian Geocache Manager. I also tried GSAK, but the learning curve seems higher.

Here's what I do:

1. Find a cache I like.

2. Print it with 10 logs.

3. Bring up a map & print it.

4. Save a GPX file.

In Magellian Geocache Manager I can load these files one at a time. Is there a way to combine these caches into one file or load multiple files into Magellian Geocache Manager?

Thanks for the help.

In Magellian Geocache Manager I can load these files one at a time. Is there a way to combine these caches into one file or load multiple files into Magellian Geocache Manager?

Yes. GSAK is better, but there is a bit of a learning curve. Check out this post about appending the list of caches sent by Geocache Manager.

Ack. Misread your question. Have you tried using pocket queries? Those are available to you as a premium member. You can specify certain attributes, characteristics, and proximity requirements for caches, and get up to 500 caches per GPX file.

Edited by geognerd

I now use the geocaching.com premium member pocket queries and GSAK and am never going back.

But to answer your question, yes you can use the Magellan Geocache manager to load up to 200 caches per file you upload to the GPSr. That is if the geocache manager is the same for the 210 as it is for the 600 that I use.

Download each .loc file individually. Open the Magellan Geocaching Manager, start to open a .loc file. Before completing the open of the .loc click the radio button that says "Append to existing list". It annoyed me every time I used the program that the append was not the default option.

Permium member Pocket Query and GSAK are worth every cent if you are even mildly serious about geocaching.