City Nav. Unlock codes

romanp

I presently have 2 gps's 60cs,60csx. I have both registered with City Nav. V7. I am selling the 60cs, and replacing it with another 60csx. Can I delete the unlock code for the 60cs, and replace it with the new 60csx? City Nav lets you register 2 units.. I just want to replace one of the units with an other one.

ROMANP

I presently have 2 gps's 60cs,60csx. I have both registered with City Nav. V7. I am selling the 60cs, and replacing it with another 60csx. Can I delete the unlock code for the 60cs, and replace it with the new 60csx? City Nav lets you register 2 units.. I just want to replace one of the units with an other one.

ROMANP

No

Call Garmin and tell them your situation. They may not give you another unlock code, but htey might be willing to sell you one at a reduced rate. They are really good to work with.

Another solution is to buy an upgrade to City Navigator, you will get a fresh set of unlock codes (2 off), one to use with an existing Garmin unit, the other to use with a replacement.

I own a StreetPilot 2610 which came with CN 7. I used the second unlock with a Vista C.

When CN8 came round, I took the opportunity to sell off the Vista C with the original CN7 discs, kept a copy for myself to use with the CN8 upgrade disc. This was with Garmin's blessing, the ownership of the Vista C and user codes were formally transferred.

I then bought a Vista Cx and used the new codes for the CN8 upgrade to enable the software with the Streetpilot and the new Vista CX.

Garmin are quite good sometimes...

I then bought a Vista Cx and used the new codes for the CN8 upgrade to enable the software with the Streetpilot and the new Vista CX.

that must be a garmin europe thing because that is not the way unlocks and upgrades work here in north america.

unlocks are tied forever to gps serial numbers and software updates only work with those originally unlocked units

at least here in north america...