Cachers Other Hobbies

FlagFinder

Anything I can do with my dogs-- hiking, biking, rollerblading, walking, swimming, dog sports like carting, agility, flyball, etc; going to festivals in the warm weather... I also like to do some of those things without my dogs, but it is more fun with a dog or two! Oh, and I volunteer with my dog (animal-assisted therapy and a childrens' reading program.)

I also collect some horror-related items for fun (like creepy dolls...) and love horror movies/books. Oh also other horror stuff like haunted houses, halloween-related stuff, etc...

Edited by ChicagoCanineCrew

This is a very interesting topic. Thanks for starting it. ChicagoCanineCrew I love watching Horror Movies so I would love to chat with you sometime. Which one is your favorite so far? It's always such a hard question to answer.

Anyway let's see...

Katie -- reading Horror books, listening to music I mean actually listening haha, watching Horror Movies, Volunteering at Jeremiah's school, small crafts for my mom's craft business, my biggest hobby is cross-stitching. I do model stitching which basically means I get paid to stitch for people who make the patterns. So it's kinda a job but I love every minute of it.

Fred -- Star Wars junkie haha, HAM radio operator

Jeremiah -- Playstation of course what more to life is there at 8 years old.

We all love to travel and see new places. We all enjoy camping or staying at nice hotels haha. We love enjoying life and do everything we can to make each day better than the one before.

I used to have other hobbies but I can't quite remember what they were. I am into my Sixth year of Geocaching and that seems to be all I do for fun anymore. Daggy and I plan our vacations around Cachin'. I put almost 70,000 miles on my 2004 CRV in 2 years. I guess this isn't really a hobby anymore is it? It is kind of embarassing.

Deermark

I enjoy racing endurance horses (25+ miles at a time), dressing up in 1800's costumes and riding sidesaddle in parades, teaching sidesaddle riding, working our draft horses, traveling to interesting places, sewing costumes, spending time with hubby, doing anything with animals (currently bottle raising a kitten), making pysanky easter eggs, and eating out.

biking, snowboarding, rockclimbing (yes, they call it freeclimbing), be a troll in a lot of forums and do some online-gaming as well. yes, i kill people in battlefield2! and, i have a dog, doberman-rottweiler, and no, she is not a bad dog. as long as shes treated nicely, as her owner is. if we're not, feel our teeth. and no, we dont like people too much.

did i say i like knives and guns a lot? altough i dont like hunting game.. but nature in itself is fantastic. maybe because its as unforgiving as i am?!

Edited by terrible2u

Reading mysteries, counted cross-stitch, biking on rail trails, trail riding on my dirt bike, attending, pro motocross and supercross races, and camping, which is almost always combined with biking, dirt biking, and/or geocaching!

Unfortunately classes and tests to further my so-called career have kept me from really enjoying much of this summer.

You mean we are ALLOWED to have other hobbies??????

hehe

For other outdoor activities:

Canoing/Kayaking, Flyfishing, Camping (I mean the legal kind, not stealth camping), General Adventuring (Makes for a lot of long stories I can tell)

For other general hobbies:

Playing Guitar, Computer Programming, Reading (quick fav. authors - Craig Thompson, Anne Rice, Clive Barker, Stephen King, Friedrich Nietzche), Web Page Design, Hanging out with my old college friends at the bars in La Crosse, Smoking a Briar Pipe (trust me it's an art), and listening to music (from many different countries)

TFTT < Thanks for the Thread

This is a great topic.

I play and send alot of $$ on paintball. If any of you are interested in trying the sport out feel free to get a hold of me. My team will be in the January issue of Paintball2Xtremes, look for us. www.rarebreedpaintball.com is our teams website. Contemplating putting a cache on or near the paintball field I work at, does that sound wrong or against any rules?

I play and send alot of $$ on paintball. If any of you are interested in trying the sport out feel free to get a hold of me. My team will be in the January issue of Paintball2Xtremes, look for us. www.rarebreedpaintball.com is our teams website. Contemplating putting a cache on or near the paintball field I work at, does that sound wrong or against any rules?

hehe :unsure:

Sounds like some geocachers might get caught in the crossfire. Better list that when you post it on geocaching.com as a possible terrain hazard, but it'd make for an interesting cache story.

Mr. and Mrs. drag race our two Monte Carlo's.

I like to read and garden, our little one is a purple belt in karate and working his way to black, Mr. Rushkateer likes to hang out on car club forums. We like to camp, hike and do other outdoor stuff. We're seriously considering buying a canoe in the spring because we enjoyed it so much this summer. We also like to do "civilized travelling", you know, when you get to sleep in a bed.

Of course, we normally include some caching on all racing/hiking/canoing/traveling trips!