What to do when you can't go geocaching

sparqui66

Umm, alphabetize the spice shelf; finish up that master's thesis; put wedding photos in album (but not before 10th anniversary); resolve the conflict in the middle east; re-write resume; re-caulk the shower; train the dog to not jump on guests; oh, yeah, and change in the oil in the cache-mobile so you can escape this hell and get out caching.

Edited by ravens3

Okay, even though I'm a newb, I have been sidelined for several days due to minor foot surgery. I was just wondering how all you seasoned cachers keep your sanity when your body/the elements/your significant other/planetary disalignment prevents you from geocaching?

S.

Hmmm....well, now....lemme see...

After TEN months - with no immediate end in sight - of being sidelined (due to a geo-accident) I guess I could offer some suggestions.

Then again, maybe not because I just might be completely WHACKO from my involuntary incarceration at home and I can't be held responsible for anything I might say or write. :laughing::laughing:

You'll just have to go through the withdrawals and jones for a few days. That's all there is to it.

Call me crazy, but I like to spend a bit of time revisiting the web pages of caches I've found to read logs that have been posted since mine... and, there are always the forums, but that's a relatively new passtime for me.

Crazy! <_<

I'm just teasing with you but I do have to agree that reflecting on past logs entries is a great way to see the progress of a Geocache long after you first found it. It really puts Geocaching into perspective.

Give Google Earth a workout for new places to explore. Google terms that may develop into something worthwhile. Urban exploration is a subject that brings up interesting locations. (But then you have to determine if it's appropriate for geocaching as many places are not.)

Search for obscure historical sites, ruins, abandoned structures, lookouts and fire towers, canoe trails. The list goes on and on.

It's fun researching your list even if it doesn't turn out to be viable for a cache location.

Edited by CoyoteRed

Apparantly a number of us play a new game called 'forums'.

The game of forums has gameplay variants like 'Stirring the Pot, 'Trolling' and 'Senseless Twisting'.

I haven't devined all the rules as yet but the game has to do with talking about geocaching, talking about geocachers, manipulating others to geocache your way, and one of the basic tenets appears to be 'Never Forget'.

One apparant goal of the game is to somehow get others to agree with your beliefs and practices.

I am not sure how when or what determines the winner.

As I approach 1k posts I must admit to being caught up in this new game. :laughing:

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Visit the forums, here and elsewhere. Ride motorcycles, camp, hunt, other outdoor stuff. And for the next 9 months I'll be spending a lot of time helping my kids with their homework, especially the oldest, she starts Chemistry, Physics and Algebra in High School. Yes, I like Physics and math.

Edited by Big Max

I vote for video games! I have several that I am in the middle of that I really should finish!

In Progress:

• Condemned: Criminal Origins
  • Oblivion
  • God of War
  • Tony Hawk: American Wasteland

And here are some others that I reccomend:

• Silent Hill
  • Hitman
  • Call of Duty
  • Tony Hawk: Underground

These have helped me pass a lot of time!