How small is too small?

Not sure what the smallest 'acceptable' size is, but keep in mind that it's gotta be big enough to hold a logbook or log sheet of some kind... and it's usually coertesy to have a writing instrument in there. Unless you have everything needed printed on microfiche, you may have difficulties cramming anything into there.

Not sure what the smallest 'acceptable' size is, but keep in mind that it's gotta be big enough to hold a logbook or log sheet of some kind... and it's usually coertesy to have a writing instrument in there. Unless you have everything needed printed on microfiche, you may have difficulties cramming anything into there.

. your kidding.

. your kidding.

Come on, what do you think? get real.

That's actually quite large! I have found a number of nano-caches, these aren't the smallest I have found, just the smallest I can find a picture of quickly!

Rust_Nano.jpg

This entire cache is smaller than the fingernail on an adult man's pinkie-finger.

Magnetic, waterproof, contains a log and easily hidden anywhere you can get permission!

Even smaller are the backs for electronic jewelry sold at WallyWorld... replace the battery with a small log (extremely small, but signable) and there's nowhere it can't be hidden.

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Make them as small as is practical.

As for those nano caches why can't the hiders ever take the finders into consideration?

It is a pain to get the logs in an out of one of those and often gets damaged in the process.

I have only ever used a nano once and it was only for coords to another stage of a multi as I feel is the best application of that type of container.

I do like looking for them from time to time.

- Rev Mike

That's actually quite large! I have found a number of nano-caches, these aren't the smallest I have found, just the smallest I can find a picture of quickly!

Rust_Nano.jpg

This entire cache is smaller than the fingernail on an adult man's pinkie-finger.

Magnetic, waterproof, contains a log and easily hidden anywhere you can get permission!

Even smaller are the backs for electronic jewelry sold at WallyWorld... replace the battery with a small log (extremely small, but signable) and there's nowhere it can't be hidden.

Ed

Another pic:df_2.JPG

I have seen ones slightly smaller than that, but can't find a pic of one at the moment. About the same idea though.

I have seen quite a few really small caches around, and I was wondering, how small is too small? I mean, is 1\4 " by 1\4" a little too small?

Just wondering

Natureboy56

I think minimum 'smallness' depends on location. I've found some Nanos that were about the size of a tylenol, but they weren't all that hard, and actually quite enjoyable. The same thing hidden in a pile of rocks is just stupid.

Rust_Nano.jpg

Ed

I have seen ones slightly smaller than that, but can't find a pic of one at the moment. About the same idea though.

Yes, I just bought 3 of those from you on ebay! I definately reccomend them! remember me, natureboy56?

Edited by Natureboy56

Rust_Nano.jpg

Ed

Yes, I just bought 3 of those from you on ebay! I definately reccomend them! remember me, natureboy56?

Thanks again for those. I can't believe how fast you ship.

I have seen quite a few really small caches around, and I was wondering, how small is too small? I mean, is 1\4 " by 1\4" a little too small?

Just wondering

Natureboy56

aaack! yes that's too small, :laughing: cuz I have to sign the bloomin' thing. I did one. Then another cache pops up, same guy, another little bitty teensy one. I thought to myself, Nope. Ain't even lookin' cause I do not want to try and SIGN IT!!!! AAArgh. :laughing::laughing:

(age, eyes, glasses, etc etc.)

I can imagine my dad, with his failing vision using max-strength reading glasses and squinting just to see the cache, much less write on the log. With his temper, I'm glad none of the ones I've found with him were like that. I have a problem just fitting my name on logs that small (just call me "Non"). Can you imagine hiding an S-chip and including a "bring your own electronic device" message on the web page? You could shove that sucker into any old sidewalk crevice (just for the record: don't even think of doing it)... and a month later someone logs that they got a virus from it. :laughing: