Google maps page always shows as 'not logged in'

Lignumaqua

Title says it all - tried it in both IE and Firefox and the Google Map page always shows me as not logged in so never shows the caches I've found.

Tried clicking the link, logging in again and returning to this page but it still doesn't work.

All other pages are OK.

If it's a cookie problem it's specific to this single page.

I've started a new thread as this is different, I think, to the other more generic cookie problem posted.

Mike

Edited by Lignumaqua

Title says it all - tried it in both IE and Firefox and the Google Map page always shows me as not logged in so never shows the caches I've found.

Tried clicking the link, logging in again and returning to this page but it still doesn't work.

All other pages are OK.

I've started a new thread as this is different, I think, to the other more generic cookie problem posted.

Mike

They are showing the Google Map feature is in BETA..... which usually means.... do not distrub :o

All other pages are OK.

Mike

They are showing the Google Map feature is in BETA..... which usually means.... do not distrub :laughing:

How is it ever going to get out of beta if problems with it are never reported? :laughing:

They are showing the Google Map feature is in BETA..... which usually means.... do not distrub :laughing:
Google Maps should have nothing to do with cookies, which handle the login information. I have also seen this problem recently on every cache page I've gotten to by following a link from the forums. Starting to get annoying.

Another micro-bug on the "Geocaching.com Google Maps" page: when there are exactly 20 caches, it says "page 1 of 2", even though page 2 is blank. Good old fencepost problems :laughing:

Another bug - The table next to the Google Map that shows caches is not showing the owned/found/bookmarked symbols.

Tried clicking the link, logging in again and returning to this page but it still doesn't work...

Had the same problem and even tried deleting the geocaching.com cookies.

Now it show me as logged in but doesn't show my found caches or premium only caches.

I hope this change means they are working on it but I don't know because I didn't get any response to my trouble ticket and the link to check on it is bad.

The one think I hate worse than a service that doesn't work properly (it's beta after all) is bad customer service when I try to get help.