Fall Picnic, September 9th, Brown County IN

daggy

The Fall Picnic is just around the corner. The Planning Team has worked hard to make this a great day for everyone! Well, okay. We've had a lot of fun, too!

Geo-Survivor is always a great experience for the participants and audience. This year won’t be an exception. You will definitely want to add this event to your schedule.

The night cache should set a very high standard that may be impossible to match at future picnics. It’s a trip right out of medieval times!

Well kids, you asked for it, your very own challenge. Adults wanting to test their skills will just have to watch. This one is just for the kids.

Both large and small donations are an integral part of funding the event and keeping costs down for giveaways. At last year’s picnic, we found out there are some very creative minds amongst us and so far we haven’t been let down this year. You won’t believe what has been donated!

9c476abb-8a25-4592-96d8-261f77a72a4f.jpg16611138-7d63-4131-8b1e-58cda21e519f.jpg18c550b6-dabd-44ab-b038-5b0d3d583c1c.jpg

What talent! BeanBlossom will be taking donations up to and including the day of the event. If you have one of those extra special donations, let her know so we can publicize it.

The website has all the information you need for the days events. So check it out and come join the fun.

This year’s event will be dedicated to Tens Mom who passed away on August 23rd. She was looking forward to this year’s picnic and she will be there in spirit. Bring pictures of Sandy or write a short note or a favorite memory that can be shared as we take a few minutes out of our day to celebrate Tens Mom’s geocaching life.

So jump in those cachemobiles and head north, south, east or west. Cross as many state lines and you need and meet us at Brown County State Park. We’ll be waiting for you!

Edited by daggy

This is going to be a great picnic...We will miss Sandy...but she will be there with us in spirit.

Please don't forget to email me at jprairie@rtccom.net with you geocaching names and real first names so I can get name tags made out for all your family. Also the ages of the children you will be bringing.

Please feel free to email any of the picnic planning team if you have any questions.

Pam

Sandy (Tens Mom) really wanted to come to the picnic. She was such an integrual part of the plannng team the last two years. Her intentions were to be there this year no matter what. She had planned to bring her camper so she would have a place to rest.

James is still going to try to make it. I can tell you 100%, Sandy will be there in spirit partying with the rest of us!

4leafclover,

You would really have a great time. If you decide to come please email me your geo name and real name.

I know I would. I've been to your events before. It's just that with gas, school starting back up, and a few other expensive "things"...I just don't think I'm going to be able to make it. I also just remembered my daughter's cross country meet in Hillsboro OH on Saturday....

busy busy busy....

Does anyone have extra geocoins for sale? Unregistered definately prefered. We will be at the fall picnic and would like to buy a few to start our collection! Just drop us a line and let us know what you have and cost for them,

Also, if anyone has any extra unregistered dogtags or bison tubes, that would be great too!

Edited by CrossRoadNomads

Donations for Door Prizes and Raffles are starting to pile up.

GARMIN – 5 T-shirts, 5 hats, 5 koozies, 5 bumper stickers

CACHEMATE – Free Registration of Software

GSAK – Free Registration of software

BOOKCROSSING – About 100 Plastic “book bags” for putting books in caches

GEOCLUE Board Game – one Game and coupons

THE CACHING PLACE – 3 TCP pins w/ Micro caches,

4 TCP pins w/ Original Stash First Geocache placed Here Pins,

1 TCP PIN W/ LOG BOOK PIN,

1 TCP pin w/ trackable Arizona geocoin,

5 TCP PINS W/ MILESTONE COIN & PIN SETS FOR 100, 100, 200, 1000, 1500

1 TCP PIN W/ 500 MILESTONE PIN SET

30 TheCachingPlace Pins

COINS AND PINS – 5 C&P Lanyards

Geocache America Geocoin (Trackable)

2 - 2006 Micro-mini geocoins (Trackable)

Families who cache together stay together Geocoin

Bean Blossom Gang –

1 Fully Loaded Ammo Can Cache- Ready to Place

2 “Beautiful Downtown BEAN BLOSSOM” T-shirts

Geotreasurehunting.com

4 Green Man Limited Edition Geocoins

2QwerkE's NEW DVD (GREAT nature pics taken while on her caching excursions and set to music)

AND RAFFLE ITEMS.....

Set of 4 Handcrafted exotic wood wine glasses (as seen in Daggy's post)

Set of 4 Stained (geo-colors) wood based Wine Glasses (WOW)

A wonderful framed pencil sketch of scenes from Brown County State Park

We are also planning to have a 50/50 Raffle....Tickets for the 50/50 will be sold throughout the day Saturday

50% of the proceeds collected will go to the winner, and the other 50% will go toward Fall Picnic 2007

Edited by Bean Blossom Gang

KepNFit and Kikster won't be at the picnic. Scott will be in Vegas. I'm sure he will be real sorry he missed the picnic and most of his money. Chris will be in Gatlinburg at a family gathering. I guess that means him Mom wouldn't let come to play with us at the picnic.

Four days to the Camping Meet & Greet and five days until the picnic! If you haven't checked the agenda, we have a great day planned and have even left some time for you to cache in the area.

The weekend's event begins with the InKy Camping Meet & Greet. The social is a chili dump. Everyone should bring a taste of their favorite chili to add to the pot. Hot dogs, buns, cheese, onions, condiments, crackers, bowls, napkins and spoons will be provided. Don't forget to bring your chairs.

Saturday's main event kicks off with Registration from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Pam will have a very nice nametag made up for everyone one who has emailed their information to her. If you have not emailed Pam with your name, caching name and names/ages for any children attending please do it now.

Kids (11 and under) are getting their wish this year. They have their own challenge this year. A course of obstacles and challenges has been created to test the geocaching skills of the young cachers. Balance, dexterity and bravery will be challenged in this course. Parents are encouraged to help their young geocaching team members through the course. Kids ages 12 through 15 are needed to help with the Kid's Challenge. Please email Geode Hunters or sign up to help the day of the event.

Lunch is a pitch in, so fix up your favorite dish and meat for the grill and bring it along to share. The picnic planning team will provide some hot dishes (baked beans, macaroni and cheese, cheesy broccoli, potato casserole) along with plates, plastic ware, condiments and nice hot grills.

Early afternoon you will be on your own to rest, tour the quaint town of Nashville, cache or socialize. Activities begin again at 4:00 with our infamous Geo-Survivor. You won't want to miss watching the teams challenge each other for the title to 2006 Geo-Survivor Champions.

Giveaways and raffles will be held at 5:30 p.m. Donations from cachers are rolling in. This year’s raffles are astounding!

The Night Cache will be quite unique. It's something right out of the tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. The quest will begin at 9:00 a.m.

Details about each event are listed on the website (www.indigo-geo.com/fall_picnic). Find out more about the day's special activities by clicking on each event button on the left.

The Planning Team is excited about the day's event. So come join the fun. We will be waiting there for you.

I'm excited about picnic as I found out that I will be able to make it after all. I will be on my "home time" the weekend of the picnic. For those that don't know what that means: I'm an OTR truck driver now and I'm scheduled to be home thhat weekend of the picnic.

Looking foward to visiting everyone and sharing my new job experiences with everyone!

See ya next weekend!

Jim

I gotta work ... like that's news.

Have fun y'all.

Can't ya just "call in well"?

Working on it. Got some applications in to find me a REAL job .. preferably just one.

... unless, of course, you guys are willing to adopt me and allow me to live in the manner to which I'm sure I'll become accustomed.

Let's party. We are putting on the finishing touches tonight and all should be set for another great picnic. Daggy and hope to get out of town about 4:00 tomorrow. See you at the Chili Dump.

Deermark

We won't be able to leave town till about 6:30pm or so and then have a 2 hour drive. Hope you are all still up that late! :laughing:

Just returned from the INKY Pre-Picnic Meet & Greet...WOW...what a crowd. There had to be more than a hundred people at the Rally Campsite tonight. Did anyone get a head count? I tried but I lost count around a hundred. Lots of new faces. Camping Hoosiers and WCNUT put on a huge spread of Hot dogs and the chili was fabulous. See everyone early in the morning!!

Fairly early in the evening, I watched the log-in sheet at the mmet & greet being counted at over 143. I know of several people who signed in after that, and I would guess that a few never signed in at all. I am looking forward to seeing what the head count was, too. I had so much fun I "almost" regretted that we were cabin camping instead of roughing it with the gang.

The picnic itself was gloriously fun! The team sure did a fantastic job. Last year's Fall picnic was great, but they really outdid themselves this year. Looked to me like everyone had a great time. I was glad to see that the shady spot N1 picked out early in the day ended up being the primo spot to view geo-survivor. I was surprised to see how many people showed up for the night hike. I tried counting, and got lost after about 70, and that was while some of the teams were still out. If you missed the wafting fog and the sight of the sword being pulled from the stone, you really missed a treat.

Edited by Neos2

This was well worth the trip down :(

Loved seeing all the cachers we've met last year and meeting some new faces to put with the names we see around.

Geosurvivor was especially excelent for me since I was pick as an alternate to be one of the contestants!

The event was so much fun and jam packed with great things happening, we didn't even go caching till after the event was over!!

Thanks Fall planning team for some GREAT Memories!