Not receiving log emails?

BigStick

Has anyone else noticed that they are not getting emails for caches they own or have on their watch list? I noticed last night that I haven't been getting the emails even though logs were posted to caches I own and watch.

Same here. A couple of finds have been logged on my caches and I haven't received the emails notifying me of this.

-Neko & Hiiri :wub:

It is happening to us too! It seems like we stopped getting emails from our watchlist last night from geocaching.com as well as our notifications! They can't say it's AOL's fault this time because we switched our email address to another provider in order to avoid this problem! There definitely must be changes occuring to the website because when we went to send some required information to an owner last night for a cache find, we were required to entered a code much like when ordering sport tickets on line. Would love to hear what's up? :wub:

I added a new cache to my watchlist yesterday. I didn't receive any notifications yesterday, but noticed last night that 3 people had logged it since I added it.

I received 2 of the notifications this morning, but still have not received the third.

So yeah, it's just you. Oh wait, I mean it's NOT just you.

While everyone else has been having difficulty receiving email today, I have been receiving duplicate mail at both my Yahoo! address, which I stopped using for my GC.com address many months ago, and my email address through my ISP.

I have received Waymark notifications, Bookmark List notifications, and twelve emails with Validation instructions. :laughing:

This morning I was a Validated Premium Member. :laughing: I don't know why I became a Not Validated Member, nor why that Yahoo! address has been resuscitated from the dead.

Very strange . . . :laughing:

I guess its the same problem here in Australia. I tried e-mailing a fellow cacher using the caching system. The first time i had not realised you needed to type in a code, but even when I did that, I kept getting an error message. Had to email him through the "normal" system but of course i haven't got the e-mail addresses of a lot of cachers i keep in contact with, just use to hit the button on their profile page.

Looks like things have started to come back to normal. I mean from what I've seen so far some major changes were likely to cause a few bumps in the road. If everything ran smooth they would not need those IT guys to fix stuff like this.

I'm just glad to see it was not just my email and I can understrand how things like this might happen. Let us all be thankful though it is just minor problems and nothing some major like the whole system being down for a couple days.

No forums, no geocaching.com, no nothing...that would have been bad

Looks like things have started to come back to normal. I mean from what I've seen so far some major changes were likely to cause a few bumps in the road. If everything ran smooth they would not need those IT guys to fix stuff like this.

I'm just glad to see it was not just my email and I can understrand how things like this might happen. Let us all be thankful though it is just minor problems and nothing some major like the whole system being down for a couple days.

No forums, no geocaching.com, no nothing...that would have been bad

I don't think it is working fully as yet. I finally received the 3 queries yesterday evening. Then, I created 3 more and set it for Friday. I have received ONE only, the other two haven't been run even.

What's going on here? It is supposed to be "premium" service and I hope we get treated atleast the way it used to work earlier. If there are issues still unresolved, we should be kept informed. I haven't seen an update from the admin on this since yesterday.

I don't think it is working fully as yet. I finally received the 3 queries yesterday evening. Then, I created 3 more and set it for Friday. I have received ONE only, the other two haven't been run even.

Looks like one of the three scheduled for today was archived, so it won't run. The other one ran yesterday afternoon, so it's toward the end of the queue, but should run shortly.

:laughing: Elias

Looks like one of the three scheduled for today was archived, so it won't run. The other one ran yesterday afternoon, so it's toward the end of the queue, but should run shortly.

:laughing: Elias

Hi Elias,

Thanks for the very quick reply. Which one is archived? And what do you mean by that? After your post, both the pending ones have run. When do you expect to get back to normal life?