Forum leader/moderator?

MAntunes

Can we have forum leaders/moderators for this new section?

My vote is for Hugo, from "Sup3rfm" and Bruno, "btrodrigues".

- They have a strong commitment with geocaching.

- They are very comfortable in english speaking.

- They have a constant, yet recent, presence in this foruns.

- They used the portuguese geocaching comunity to their good sense opinions (well, they don't like micro caches... :wub: ), unrepreensible behavior, strong addiction to geocaching, adherence to the rules and guidelines and they are allways available to help others.

I think they are a very good option to carry the task.

Opinions?

Hugo had been actually choosen as a moderator 10 seconds before the forum creation.

There is a couple of issues that is making impossible to create a mod leader right now.

Before the forum creation i also asked for btrodrigues, happy to see we agree :( He acepted some hour later.

Can we have forum leaders/moderators for this new section?

My vote is for Hugo, from "Sup3rfm" and Bruno, "btrodrigues".

- They have a strong commitment with geocaching.

- They are very comfortable in english speaking.

- They have a constant, yet recent, presence in this foruns.

- They used the portuguese geocaching comunity to their good sense opinions (well, they don't like micro caches... :( ), unrepreensible behavior, strong addiction to geocaching, adherence to the rules and guidelines and they are allways available to help others.

I think they are a very good option to carry the task.

Opinions?

And You can add:

- He (Sup3rFM) was the one having the idea of requesting the creation of this sub-forum and keeping the idea alive against all odds.

Anyway... Although I agree with the moderator name, I'm not happy with the way things happened once more. "Someone" just chooses... not the community.

Edited by Torgut

Torgut, feel free, as part of the community you're also into, to propose another set of moderators.

Regardless of your personal opinion and beliefs, Garri's help has been priceless and I think everyone agrees he's been doing a great job. And being the closest link we all have to geocaching.com, we should be thankful for what we've been achieving. So I think he has all the right to propose some moderators.

Minutes after the forum was created and I was speaking on the phone to Sup3rFM, I proposed MAntunes as a moderator too. His good sense and responsability has been known for long. Being one of the first adopters of geocaching in Portugal and given his continuous dedication to geocaching ever since (the GeoPorStats project, the IMC1 and IMC2 projects, to name a few) and since he is still one of the most active posters around here,.. do I need to say more?

Edited by btrodrigues

Hi!

I've not been around geocaching for long and I'm not a "freak" geocacher (in a positive way) like most of you guys. Although, I know Hugo (Sup3rfm) for quite sometime now, even before geocaching.

I believe that someone that is the main responsible for the creation of something, "fighting" against the odds and winning it, should have the right, if he wish, to be the leader/moderator of this forum.

Knowing Hugos' good common sense, his judgment towards each situation, I would say that he will do a great job has leader/moderator. At this moment, I do not see any special reason why should be there more than one leader, and for sure that leader should be Hugo :laughing:

Sincerely,

NCortes

I didn't knew that Sup3rfm, Hugo, and btrodrigues, Bruno, were invited for moderators/leaders of this section when i created the post but it's really funny that garri and I have the same opinion; this means that we, both, are correct or wrong. :o

Now, seriously, I'm sure that they will do a great job.

About me, I prefer to stay aside and help occasionally.

Regarding the number of moderators; this is a hobby and a moderator may be not allways available. So, yes I think 2 (or maybe 3, in the future) moderators is the best option.

Torgut, feel free, as part of the community you're also into, to propose another set of moderators.

Regardless of your personal opinion and beliefs, Garri's help has been priceless and I think everyone agrees he's been doing a great job. And being the closest link we all have to geocaching.com, we should be thankful for what we've been achieving. So I think he has all the right to propose some moderators.

1) Wouldn't it be strange to propose another set of moderators when I just expressed my support to this one?

2) Isn't there a diference between "propose some moderators" and directly choose and invite them at one's will?

Thanks guys for all the support and trust. Still, I think this "job" is useless. We're all pretty grown up and can easily come to an agreement on about everything.

Right? :rolleyes:

nope.

who are you, newbie?

what are you doing with my travel bug stuck on your head?

All your TB are belong to me. :anibad:

1) Wouldn't it be strange to propose another set of moderators when I just expressed my support to this one?

2) Isn't there a diference between "propose some moderators" and directly choose and invite them at one's will?

Even if i also agree with the moderaters choosen for this forum (and could point another 2 or 3 names ) i also agree with Torgut´s opinion. The point is that the moderators were already chosen and it was not given the comunity a chance to choose them. This is not new with groundspeek.

Ah, what the heck, that´s just my opinion and i´m new here so... LETS GO GEOCACHING!!!!!!!

Ah, tb tenho a dizer que a partir de agora vou falar em Português (salvo raras excepções).

Xau

AS