French translation of cache instructions?

chizu

Hi there

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and there is an area in the city called Little France. I am planning on putting a cache there with a French theme and would like to put the instructions and descriptions in French too. Would anyone be able to translate my description and clue into french for me please? I would be most grateful and give you a mention on the page!

Thanks

Chizu

Edited by chizu

Hi there

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and there is an area in the city called Little France. I am planning on putting a cache there with a French theme and would like to put the instructions and descriptions in French too. Would anyone be able to translate my description and clue into french for me please? I would be most grateful and give you a mention on the page!

Thanks

Chizu

If it is not too long, just post your stuff here and someone or I will translaste. If too long, you can PM me.

ok here goes:

This cache is located in Little France, a disctrict in the south of Edinburgh, under the gaze of Craigmillar Castle. The area supposedly gets its name from the time of Mary, Queen of Scots, who lived at Craigmillar Castle following her return from France in tye 16th Century. Her French courtiers are believed to have lived in the area to the south of the Castle, giving their name to the area in which they settled.

More recent studies, however, have suggested that the name originally belonged to a mill in the area and it is quite likely that some humble French cloth workers settled there in 17th century when there seems to have been a market for their enterprise. In more recent times, Little France has become the home of the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, as well as the new medical departments for the University of Edinburgh.

Whatever the reason for the name, this seemed a good spot to place a french-themed cache. PLease swap your french-themed items for other themed items within the cache, if possible. You can even sign the log book in french, though this is not compulsory!

Haven't got the clue yet, but i might be able to manaage it myself as I speak basic french.

ok here goes:

This cache is located in Little France, a disctrict in the south of Edinburgh, under the gaze of Craigmillar Castle. The area supposedly gets its name from the time of Mary, Queen of Scots, who lived at Craigmillar Castle following her return from France in tye 16th Century. Her French courtiers are believed to have lived in the area to the south of the Castle, giving their name to the area in which they settled.

More recent studies, however, have suggested that the name originally belonged to a mill in the area and it is quite likely that some humble French cloth workers settled there in 17th century when there seems to have been a market for their enterprise. In more recent times, Little France has become the home of the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, as well as the new medical departments for the University of Edinburgh.

Whatever the reason for the name, this seemed a good spot to place a french-themed cache. PLease swap your french-themed items for other themed items within the cache, if possible. You can even sign the log book in french, though this is not compulsory!

Haven't got the clue yet, but i might be able to manaage it myself as I speak basic french.

Here's the translation!

Cette cache est située dans la Petite France, un disctrict dans les sud d'Edimbourg, sous le regard fixe du château de Craigmillar. La région a supposément obtenu son nom de Mary, reine des Ecossais, qui a vécu au château de Craigmillar suite à son retour de France au 16ème siècle. Ses courtisans français sont censés avoir vécu dans le secteur aux sud du château, donnant leur nom au secteur dans lequel ils se sont établis.

Des études plus récentes, cependant, ont suggéré que le nom ait à l'origine appartenu à un moulin dans le secteur et il est tout à fait probable que quelques humbles ouvriers français de tissu se soient établis là au 17ème siècle lorsqu'il semble y avoir eu un marché pour leur entreprise. Plus récemment, la Petite France est devenue la maison de l'infirmerie royale d'Edimbourg ainsi que pour les nouveaux services médicaux pour l'université d'Edimbourg.

Peu importe la raison du nom, ceci semblait un bon entroit pour placer une cache avec un thème français. Dans cette cache, veuillez échanger vos items de thème français contre d'autre articles du même thème, si possible. Vous pouvez même signer le carnet de bord en français, bien que ce ne soit pas obligatoire!