Buying a GPS on Amazon

Okay since I lost my Explorist 210 chasing a little green jeep I have had one crazy time trying to find a new gps. First instinct was to jump online and under the pressure of a countdown clock on amazon (Want it tommorow? Order in the next One minute 32 seconds, 31 seconds 30.... me"yeah gotta have tomorrow, must have it tomorrow..ORDER NOW!!!) I ended up with an explorist 300. I hated it! It did not perform as well as my 2100 and it lacked conectivity. So it's on it's way back to Amazon. So I had been eyeing the Explorist 500 which Amazon had listed for $199. Now that was my limit and I would have to wait for some funds to clear up, namely a refund from Amazon. Anyway, I went on tonight and they bumped it up to $229! They say they only have 4 left. Does anyone know if Amazon always does this when they are about to run out of something? Any chance I could call and get it for the other price since I was unhappy with the product? Will the price go back down when they get more? If not I may be going for the Vista Cx.

Check out GPScity.com or Offroute.com. They both have good eals on GPS'rs. I just bought a replacement Garmin Etrex Legend from offroute. Quick shipping and a good price too.

I could have gone and picked it up since they are just downtown from me, (Reno). That would have saved shipping cost.

Chris

One thing about Amazon is that they play mind games with their prices! Shop around the Internet (with cookies ENABLED), and Amazon will be competitive. If you shop there a lot and they see that you haven't been shopping for GPSrs elsewhere, the price will be higher! Always shop 5 or 6 places on the Internet before making a final commitment!

I've bought a few things from GPSCity, including my Vista. They're a good company. But lately, they're getting beat in the price wars. I would have bought my 60CSx from them, but Amazon had it as cheap as anywhere on the net, and at that time I was getting 2nd day shipping from them for free. That was a no-brainer.

I've also bought RAM mounts from GPSCity before, but it's easier to just go to Bass Pro Shop, since they carry a good selection of RAM products. And, hey, it's Bass Pro Shop! I can always use more crank bait. :wub:

I've bought a few things from GPSCity, including my Vista. They're a good company. But lately, they're getting beat in the price wars. I would have bought my 60CSx from them, but Amazon had it as cheap as anywhere on the net, and at that time I was getting 2nd day shipping from them for free. That was a no-brainer.

I've also bought RAM mounts from GPSCity before, but it's easier to just go to Bass Pro Shop, since they carry a good selection of RAM products. And, hey, it's Bass Pro Shop! I can always use more crank bait. :wub:

i got my explorist 500 at radioshack, they had the best deal i found

One thing about Amazon is that they play mind games with their prices! Shop around the Internet (with cookies ENABLED), and Amazon will be competitive. If you shop there a lot and they see that you haven't been shopping for GPSrs elsewhere, the price will be higher! Always shop 5 or 6 places on the Internet before making a final commitment!

Are you saying they'll charge "Joe" (who hasn't comparison shopped) more than "Tom", who has, for the same item? That is unethical and should be banned.

Are you saying they'll charge "Joe" (who hasn't comparison shopped) more than "Tom", who has, for the same item? That is unethical and should be banned.

They did do this a year or so ago but claim they have stopped it. :laughing: