Away/ Active button not being used.

Some time ago (May 20th) I brought up the subject about "Officers" being absent and not using the active/away notification link button.

After writing one "Officer" and not receiving a reply, I looked at his profile which showed him not logged in for almost 2 weeks.

I would additionallly like to add that, if possible, after 2 + days of not signing into his/her mail account the AWAY would automatically be displayed. (is this possible OpinioNate?)

OpinioNate

post May 22 2006, 09:43 AM

Will add this as a feature change. Thanks Jake!

Previous thread about this subject.

I don't think this is possible. I am not a programmer, but as I understand it a query would have to run perpetually asking "Who hasn't logged on today?" (or in 3 days, whatever) so it could catch absent officers. Easier would be for the "Away" notice to be more prominent like you mentioned in the previous change so I'll bug Bootron about that again.

how about moving it from the group profile page (you have to set 'away/here' for each group, do you not)? then one click, from a central location would then set them all......

then add the date that away was set, and give a block to write a note in (ie: i am going on vacation for XXXXX amount of time.)....then you would know to send a message to the next on the list....

or you could just add a 'send a message to the group' link on the group page, so that non-members can send the same message to all members with one click (insead of having to copy and send it to each member)....