You Found, You Own

NickfromWI

I just started as a premium member an hour or so ago. I notice something new on the maps when I click "Map It."

I can't find reference to it on geocaching.com getting started or anything like that. Anyone know what it means? I don't see any YFYO caches near my house...but still am interested.

See the attached picture if you're not sure what I mean...

love

nick

oh, apparently you can only post pics if they are online already?

I can't find reference to it on geocaching.com getting started or anything like that. Anyone know what it means?

gof1 is correct.

oh, apparently you can only post pics if they are online already?

Yes, that's true.

Edit: gof1's description is correct, not what I said originally. I never use those maps. :blink:

Edited by cache_test_dummies

Hmm... it gots me thinking though.. this might be an interesting new thing. Say that you are visiting an area and see a perfect spot for a cache. You drop an ammo box, post the info online. But, because you might live miles and miles away, you set it up as an 'adoption' sort of thing... the FTF not only gets the glory of the cache, they get ownership too!

Okay, okay... probably won't work cause there are too many issues like possible nearby caches, or issues of land management (would a visitor know if the land is public/private or what restrictions are in place on the matter?) but still and interesting idea.