My Account template changed?

Torgut

Tell me that the new color I spoted in the table headers in My Account section is just a bug to be corrected soon! Tell me that nobody will even consider the kinda "aqua green" as a color for a webpage, under any circumstances.

LOL

Try having a go at it with Firefox, GreaseMonkey and some script-foo

Tell me that the new color I spoted in the table headers in My Account section is just a bug to be corrected soon! Tell me that nobody will even consider the kinda "aqua green" as a color for a webpage, under any circumstances.

Ok lets go back to old dos version of everything...Black and yellow, or black and white......NOT

I don't like the changes they made to the profiles by adding the ***'s and changing around the order.

'My Profile' page has been reorganized and has reverted to the version before my latest update. I know this because I passed the 300 finds mark this weekend and added that to the milestone list, but it seems to have gone missing. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if it will return with my latest updates soon or if I should make the updates again? And what IS with the ***?

Edited by shearzone

I don't like the changes they made to the profiles by adding the ***'s and changing around the order.

First of all, these changes just happened-- so this may be transitional stuff that we're seeing here. With that said, the changes to your profile page are easily edited by you (on your profile edit page).... Check my profile and you'll see I've gotten rid of the stars and gone back to the bold look just by using some simple html. :blink:

So take them out. :wub:

Thanks to the GC crew for making it so I don't have to follow a template as to how my profile page is laid out. I suppose I should go learn a little HTML now to make it look even better!

Then remove the ***s and re-order it the way you like.

I think what people are missing here is that there used to be three separate areas for entering stuff and each was limited in size. Now there is ONE BIG AREA that can be much, much larger. They added some ***headings*** when they combined the sections into one, but you can take them out and make it just the way you like :wub:

'My Profile' page has been reorganized and has reverted to the version before my latest update. I know this because I passed the 300 finds mark this weekend and added that to the milestone list, but it seems to have gone missing. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if it will return with my latest updates soon or if I should make the updates again? And what IS with the ***?

Hey! Mine has reverted as well. I had added my 60th FTF to the page and now it isn't there. Sheesh.......

[Edit]

Well..... that was quick and easy to fix. Overall I like the changes since I can customize things more than before. Thanks. :wub:

Edited by Thrak

Hey! Mine has reverted as well. I had added my 60th FTF to the page and now it isn't there. Sheesh.......

Mine too. I spent a pretty good amount of time reworking my profile, and now its back to the old one. Darn-nabbit.

Other than that I don't mind the changes. As for the ***'s, maybe a horizontal line would be better. Or I'll just rebold it.

Then remove the ***s and re-order it the way you like.

I think what people are missing here is that there used to be three separate areas for entering stuff and each was limited in size. Now there is ONE BIG AREA that can be much, much larger. They added some ***headings*** when they combined the sections into one, but you can take them out and make it just the way you like :cry:

I tried to edit my profile. There is a comment that it says that I have 15,000 character limit. When I edit the profile to remove the "***'s" and remove the hobbies heading I get an error that I can't have more than 5000 characters :wub: . It looks like the limit restriction raising to 15,000 hasn't been fully implemented. :wub:

I do see plenty of irony around here; most of these people should never heard about "design" as a subject of knowledge. For them it's absolutely silly for a company to pay a single buck to a designer or a team of designers in order to find a perfect logo. Accordingly to this people the CEI of the company should spit to a sheet of paper and voila... a new logo is born.

Thing is some things are visually Ok, taken as pleasant by a big majority of human brains and some are not. Aqua green is a washed color and it colides with the excelent pallete of blues which Gropundspeak had previously arranged. Aplying this new color is a gross mistake.

But is it important? No, it is not. Then, why even bother with all these colors mambo jambo? Just let's play with black and white, it's easier and after all this is not important.

Would it be nicer to have some structured designing, specially if it was already done and it was reversed? I think this receives a pretty obvious answer.

Edited by Torgut

I tried to rework my profile back to normal, but I got blocked out and had to save a copy of my HTML because it won't allow more than 5000 characters. In another thread Raine said he will fix it.

For now I had to cut out over half of the info on my profile page.

I'm glad to hear that it will be fixed. My page has exceeded it's character limit, which I supposed is the reason that some stuff was cut off of the bottom of my page that used to be there. The only problem is that, silly me, I had never saved my profile html. Now I'm not absolutely certain what all was erased. :wub:

Looking forward to a bigger character limit though. :wub:

Looking forward to a bigger character limit though.

I'm seeing a character limit of 150,000 :wub: That's nearly a 100 times what we're using on our main account right now.

Edit:

profile1lq6.jpg

Then:

profile2cv2.jpg

It was also referenced a few posts up that the limit is still imposed though the counter shows a higher limit. But the good news is that they're "working on it". :wub:

Edited by Quiggle
It was also referenced a few posts up that the limit is still imposed though the counter shows a higher limit. But the good news is that they're "working on it". :wub:

Thanks for the clarification.

It's a good thing I didn't get the notion to go hog-wild with our profile and then find out. :wub:

Besides, that's what a personal site is good for, I guess.

I guess it's more flexible for there to be one big box for text/HTML instead of 3 individual ones... but it was nice having the three in that I could use CacheStats to generate the HTML statistics tables and simply select-all-delete-past into one of those boxes, while the other boxes remained static with information about my biography and all.

Now I need to scroll through the big box, figure out where the CacheStats HTML begins and ends, and then copy/paste into that.

Ah well, in the end it's only a few seconds more work.

It was also referenced a few posts up that the limit is still imposed though the counter shows a higher limit. But the good news is that they're "working on it". :cry:

Thanks for the clarification.

It's a good thing I didn't get the notion to go hog-wild with our profile and then find out. :wub:

Besides, that's what a personal site is good for, I guess.

:wub: You thought that I had issues for a few moments there, didn't you? :cry:

I don't know what the *** refer to, as I'm not seeing any weird asterisks anywhere. However, my profile did seem to lose a recent update. Not a big deal, just edited a few numbers - which had changed after this morning's cache run anyway.