Most Stringent TB Prison Rules I've seen yet

PAWSitraction

I actually remember this thread. Ignore the rules. If they complain send them here.

Well that is what I have been saying. I can send them to a few threads including this one, but they will find here are opinions of cachers who dont agree with them. I would much prefer being able to refer them to a guideline that spells it out in black and white. That would solve the problem and ight lead the offending cachers to amend their cache pages.

FYI here is the cache to which I was referring. It seems that he is a welll intentioned cacher who was not aware that you cannot have TB restrictions. I pointed him to three different threads because he felt that I was the one who was breaking the rules. He never responded to me and has not changed his cache page.

http://coord.info/GC15JYW

Edited by Ma & Pa

I am bumping what I wrote way back when this thread first came out, and also, what Keystone said.

The only "rule" for Trackables is to please move them along, and don't keep them. Cache owners cannot tell anyone how to handle a Trackable. Please read below.

I am resisting the urge to email this cache owner and explain to them that they are not the boss of the travel bugs. I cannot, and will not, become the TB police. It would become a full time job, with very little pay. But if anyone would like to post a link to this thread and any other TB Prison thread link on their cache page, feel free. You can quote me, with this thread link attached.

I will say this for the benefit of TB prison owners.

Travel bugs belong to the Travel Bug owner. You cannot dictate that they must stay in a cache until a trade can be made. They are not yours to rule over. If a cacher wants to trade for a TB, take a TB and not leave one, or drop one off and not take one, that's how the game is played. You cannot hold them hostage until someone comes along with another travel bug to get it out of jail. If your cache is well placed, unlikely to be muggled, and easy to get to on a cacher's way through town, it will work regardless of rules. Your rules are unfair to all Travel Bug owners, and most travel bug owners would not want their travel bugs held prisoner in your cache. Any cache is a good cache for a travel bug. Telling people you will delete their logs if they don't comply would be more apt to make one avoid your cache like the plague. I sincerely hope you rethink your cache page and change your inappropriate rules. It's your cache, but it's not your travel bug (and neither are the Green Jeeps, in this particular case).

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Travel Bug Forum Moderator

Interestingly enough if a person browses through the right sites, one can see many many TB's for sale; some of which are activated, some not. It has been explained to me that those already activated and showing as available on these sites are those readily "ADOPTABLE" so that they can be 'moved' further along in the world than the current person in possession of said TB can move it. However, I also see those sellers who have TB's they are selling by lots of 5's, 10's, dozens or for sale by even larger 'lots' or encased within shadow boxes. It causes me to wonder if they've come by them honestly. I mean, once a person sees lots beyond ten selling for less than $100 it seems rather cheap even when one adds shipping. Considering how inexpensively some of them are being sold for, especially in shadow boxes, I don't know how they could have purchased the TB's and then sold them in such a fashion - from what I've seen so far on Geocaching.com these TB's are more than $10+s/h each! Are these TB's on these sites that are for sale real, or were they removed from someone's cache or a TB Motel/Hotel with the intent to sell rather than pass along through real Geo-caching, were they taken so they could be added to someone's private collection when the TB disappears never to be heard from again? Seriously, what's up? I'm just asking, like I said, what do I know I'm way too new at this, but I question the motives of [and how these "sellers" come into possession of so many at one time] those who would sell already activated TB's so cheaply. Again, I understand the Adoptable thing but not this other stuff. It does make me concerned about perhaps wasting money on TB's in the future. :sunsure: Can you help me understand what I'm seeing on these other sites and perhaps what I may be wrongly deducing from what I'm reading here in this posted forum, thank you. Sincerely, Iowa Mongoose, and BTW the tadpole thing is cute, since I haven't yet bought a GPS for the Geo-caching on my own and generally go out caching with my folks, I'm not sure I can even consider myself a tadpole. HA. :laughing:

Edited by IowaMongoose

IowaMongoose,

Don't confuse geocoins with Travel Bugs. I think what you are referring to as "in Shadow Boxes" are geocoins. Yes people sell those, individually, or in batches, unactivated or activated and adoptable. Check out the geocoin forum threads. Once in a while, you'll see a Travel Bug for sale, but the seller should be the owner of it, otherwise, it's theft.