Is there a different way of Search

There is a better solution, called "ORIGIN"

You can create many origins, and search by those. Check on the DIRECTORY Page, in the top right corner are the words "Change Location". Go there and create as many Origins as you like, by Lat-Long.

When you return to the Directory screen you can then use that filter.

You can even apply the Origin filter at more specific levels. For example, on the top level you will get all of the categories that are within 6 miles of your origin. But if you select "Benchmarks" first, then filter it, you will get just the categories in Benchmarks. If you go one further and select "Walt Disney World Benchmarks" then filter, only that category will show up.

At the bottom are 6 miles, 30 miles and something else (sorry, I'm a metric guy) to expand the search.

You can also search the Directory by keyword. For example using "Scenic" will give you 8 possible categories, whereas "Vending" will only give you 1.

Welcome to Waymarking!

:blink: The Blue Quasar

While my friend The Blue Quasar provided you with excellent advice regarding ways to search for waymarks, he neglected to answer your specific question. :blink:

.. it would be nice to do a search by state.. is there a way to do this or is that just not an option ..

Click on the Advanced Search link. One of the options in the list is State/Country search.

I don't understand, Why isn't that you can only do a search by zip code.. it would be nice to do a search by state.. is there a way to do this or is that just not an option .. and if its not, will there be?

In the next release you will be able to search by address, zip code, city, state, country, latitude/longitude or the Origin search that Quasar has mentioned.