The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

BTW AG, has that auction happened yet? I'm curious to see what it goes/went for.

No, I have not listed it yet since I am the one juggling the geocoinfest pre-registration. I wanted to get a good system in place for dividing those funds from my regular eBay funds, which I have. I still have two more wonderful coins to auction for Tanner as well :mad:

So soon.

Understood, I know you have been busy, just remembered hearing that you had it but didn't remember hearing anything about an auction yet. Please let us know when it goes up, I'm sure it will be well received.

I will. I won't be able to say anything in these forums because the coin isn't trackable, but I will be posting a link to the auction on your forums probably Sunday night :(

Woot ,, TGF, Just logged a cache on my watch list from a prior visit !! Its about 3-4 miles from home !! I'm out the door :D:D:)

Home I am palms sweating, Holding a beautiful Geocoin Fairy Geocoin #185 . Whomever you are GCF hope you enjoy your stop in South Florida, Thank you for bring much needed pleasure to so many folks on the forums and cachers world wide !! , Including myself today. If anyone wishes to read the log entry this is the cache location, or link to page,, doing a happy dance, excited I am :D:D:D:D

Cypress Creek Cache

:D:P:D

Edited by glennk721

Woot ,, TGF, Just logged a cache on my watch list from a prior visit !! Its about 3-4 miles from home !! I'm out the door :D:D:)

Home I am palms sweating, Holding a beautiful Geocoin Fairy Geocoin #185 . Whomever you are GCF hope you enjoy your stop in South Florida, Thank you for bring much needed pleasure to so many folks on the forums and cachers world wide !! , Including myself today. If anyone wishes to read the log entry this is the cache location, or link to page,, doing a happy dance, excited I am :D:D:D:D

Cypress Creek Cache

:D:P:D

I'm so happy for you!

Well, it seems the geocoin fairy has dropped a coin in a cache a few days ago. Nobody has logged the cache since. Im just setting out for the 310 mile round trip to see if its there. It might be crazy, but Im always up for roadtrips!! :(

Wow! Good luck to you. I hope for your sake the coin is still in the cache when you get there. You never know with these things. They have a bad habit of growing legs :D

Well, it seems the geocoin fairy has dropped a coin in a cache a few days ago. Nobody has logged the cache since. Im just setting out for the 310 mile round trip to see if its there. It might be crazy, but Im always up for roadtrips!! :D

Race ya! (btw which direction are we going in? :( ) :D

Well, it took me 330 miles, 5.5 hours of driving, and getting lost once when my onboard gps died. But... I got to the cache site easily, found the cache with no problem. I opened the top of the cache...No geocoinfairy coin. So I figure hey, another red state for my map and another cache found. I took the logbook out and a little fairy flew from between the pages of the logbook right into my hand! So, i took the #038 Geocoinfairy coin, and left an unactivated Redtailfalconer coin. Thanks geocoin fairy. Now I only wish I cound find a way to get my jeep some better gas mileage.

Well, it took me 330 miles, 5.5 hours of driving, and getting lost once when my onboard gps died. But... I got to the cache site easily, found the cache with no problem. I opened the top of the cache...No geocoinfairy coin. So I figure hey, another red state for my map and another cache found. I took the logbook out and a little fairy flew from between the pages of the logbook right into my hand! So, i took the #038 Geocoinfairy coin, and left an unactivated Redtailfalconer coin. Thanks geocoin fairy. Now I only wish I cound find a way to get my jeep some better gas mileage.

Congrats!! Reminds me of my road trip............... :D:(

That's awesome! So glad your trip was worthwhile :(

Wow, I'm shocked. I'm so shocked. I live in NYC but as a child I lived 5 miles from this Cache in a town called Meshoppen. I looked at your post and for the first time ever, I decided to research TGF and tracked down the Cache you found. I just looked at Meshoppen's area last week. :D

I'm glad really, that I didn't know about it... because I might have raced you for it.

WELL DONE! I'm so happy that you found it. You certainly took a long trek to obtain it. I loved the whole experience you had. What a surprise to find it in the logbook!

~Fluttershy

You have a point on that but I do believe it is worth more than 1 coin if not I will keep it.

Worth more than 1 coin? Wouldn't that depend on the coin? I was fortunate enough to find 2 GCF coins, and I gave the first one to Prntr1 in what could be said to be a trade for a set of his personal coins. Another friend said I was crazy because Prntr1 was going to give me the set anyway, which was true. Prntr1 was going to get that GCF coin from me anyway as well, trade or no trade, because he has been VERY supportive of me while I'm going through some tough times. You could say that GCF coin was worth 3 Prntr1 coins, or it was worth a small token of thanks for friendship and support.

I say a GCF coin is priceless, but nowhere near the value of a good friend. That being said, I still enjoy watching the benefit coin on that other site, I would be interested in watching a trade or trades for a GCF coin, and I really enjoy all the stories of other GCF coin finders in this thread.

Keep in mind that with ANY coin, it's value is based on what somebody is willing to spend/trade for it.

This is true for even the infamous Moun10Bike coins. Technically, the coin is probably worth about $5.00 (what was paid to mint it). BUT, since people are willing to pay $1,000's of dollars for one (yes, you newbies can go search eBay to see how past sales have gone) - it's perceived value is much higher.

To stay on topic: Are people still finding these?

To stay on topic: Are people still finding these?

A coin was placed yesterday and found early this am in WV. So yes, they are still being placed and found. What a great gift! I'm sure all finders will treasure them.

We're one of the white states on the map - not a new political party, just a fairyless state. :) Too cold right now for the fairy to fly up here though a warming trend is expected this weekend. :wub: We can but hope.

Thanks to The Geocoin Fairy, WV can now turn Red on the map!

When I placed one of my caches, it was back in February and I was right on the edge of getting a very nasty case of the flu. No matter - there was a cache to place and I had already waited long enough! In my semi-delusional state, I ended up making four trips (roughly 2 miles round trip each time) to finalize that cache along the river, in 10 degree weather, with the blowing wind, and snow, and fever, etc ... because I (1) forgot a log book the first time, (2) forgot a pencil the second time, (3) forgot to mark it as a geocache either time, and (4) had to remove some contents that my reviewer reminded me were not allowed (I was still new at the placing part). I remember thinking I would never go back there in that kind of weather again!

So this morning I wake up to 20 degree weather, blowing winds, some light snow, the usual WV in November fare. Since I was up a bit earlier than usual I decided to check my email before going to work. The first thing that popped in the inbox was a log notification from that cache that TGF had visited in the middle of the night - WOO HOO!! It was a dress down Friday at work so going in wearing hiking boots and jeans was not going to be a problem! Weather?? WHAT weather!!

This was a very cool surprise! I had heard about these and never expected to see one in WV. TGF has been very generous in dropping these in caches all over and I'm very happy WV made the list of visits. I hope TGF comes back to cache some more in this beautiful state.

From reading the earlier posts, it looks like I'm between MustangJoni and Big JohnP with coin #030. I plan to place it right next to a couple others that are special to me.

Thanks Geocoin Fairy, whoever you are!

<edit - spelling>

Edited by ScoutingWV

JUST AN UPDATE...

I don't know if it is some record or not, but there is STILL a Geocoin Fairy geocoin in Missouri as far as I can tell.

"Spider Island" - GCYE82

The GCF visited that cache on Oct. 29 and I tried it on Halloween and failed to get to it. (I got my GCF geocoin anyway...had to go to St. Louis to do it, though...LOL)

So...since Oct. 29...barring any muggles...which I doubt...there is still a GCF geocoin in Missouri!

Congrats! Isn't it great to see that coin in the cache just waiting for you? :huh:

Yeah, it really is. I've had a very lucky year with coins that actually started in that same cache. I was watching a Colorado coin make it's rounds in the area just waiting for some time to go find it and log it. Sure enough, it landed in that cache on another bitterly cold night. Several other coins have made their way through the area this year and I think most have kept traveling.

This one will go next to my 2005 Christmas coin, my Brawny Bear Silver that I received from him after we went to GC19 this summer, a Cav Scout Raven received directly from Cav Scout, an OIFGA, and several other personals and military challenge coins.

She hit British Columbia..only 95 miles from me! So close yet so far!

Thanks coreynjoey!!! I was admiring Danoshimano's new coin photos (he and Glenn sure have coin photography figured out!) when I reloaded and saw your post. Cool!!

I checked to see what part of BC... and found out that it was HERE!!! Not Sooke, not Nanaimo, but VICTORIA! We grabbed the canine from the couch, two of our unactivated HFT coins and headed out the door.

20 minutes later we were parked nearby. Mr. LS has a new gps (new to him) and for some reason, even though ours are the same model, his had 5m accuracy and mine had 13m! He was standing by the cache while I was searching in the holly bushes! This cache had eluded us twice before at dusk, but today with daylight and a trail of fairy dust we soon had the cache in hand. Thanks TGF!!!

Thanks coreynjoey!!! I was admiring Danoshimano's new coin photos (he and Glenn sure have coin photography figured out!) when I reloaded and saw your post. Cool!!

I checked to see what part of BC... and found out that it was HERE!!! Not Sooke, not Nanaimo, but VICTORIA! We grabbed the canine from the couch, two of our unactivated HFT coins and headed out the door.

20 minutes later we were parked nearby. Mr. LS has a new gps (new to him) and for some reason, even though ours are the same model, his had 5m accuracy and mine had 13m! He was standing by the cache while I was searching in the holly bushes! This cache had eluded us twice before at dusk, but today with daylight and a trail of fairy dust we soon had the cache in hand. Thanks TGF!!!

Congrats! Im SO jealous!!

Hmmmmm new GPS (to him) it makes me wonder. Could it be that we played a part in this. We surely hope so. Congrats on the find.

Hmmmmm new GPS (to him) it makes me wonder. Could it be that we played a part in this. We surely hope so. Congrats on the find.

Yes Vegas Gamblers, you played a part alright! Mr. LS said that the 'new' one is his for sure now!! This was the FIRST time he's used it and it led us right to the TGF coin! Thanks!

Congratulations! For the coin AND the GPS!!

I just got an e-mail about a second chance offer for TGF #1 that just sold by auction. I can't get on the auction site for some reason. I'm concerned about this second chance offer being ligitimate. I did bid on the coin, but I can't believe I was the second highest & I thought AtlantaGal was doing the selling. My e-mail is from Robert Pittman. This name sounds kind of familiar, but I'm not sure. I'm posting this here, in case this isn't ligit & others have been contacted. I'd love to get this coin! But I've been burned before responding to a spam e-mail. Thanks for your help!!!

I just got an e-mail about a second chance offer for TGF #1 that just sold by auction. I can't get on the auction site for some reason. I'm concerned about this second chance offer being ligitimate. I did bid on the coin, but I can't believe I was the second highest & I thought AtlantaGal was doing the selling. My e-mail is from Robert Pittman. This name sounds kind of familiar, but I'm not sure. I'm posting this here, in case this isn't ligit & others have been contacted. I'd love to get this coin! But I've been burned before responding to a spam e-mail. Thanks for your help!!!

I would say that is spam email. There is only 1 #1 coin and it was shipped to the purchaser yesterday. That's not the purchasers real name either.

Hope this helps.

I recall getting a little note from e-bay, approx. a few weeks ago concerning this kind of message. They were warning people to go and check their real e-bay to see if the same message appeared there.

They said this was a perfect example of how some people are trying to swindle money by using the names that were on the bidding list for particular articles. :) So BEWARE.

If any of you out there are still lusting after a GCF Geocoin I will repost this...

JUST AN UPDATE...

I don't know if it is some record or not, but there is STILL a Geocoin Fairy geocoin in Missouri as far as I can tell.

"Spider Island" - GCYE82

The GCF visited that cache on Oct. 29 and I tried it on Halloween and failed to get to it. (I got my GCF geocoin anyway...had to go to St. Louis to do it, though...LOL)

So...since Oct. 29...barring any muggles...which I doubt...there is still a GCF geocoin in Missouri!

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

As it's been said, this is indeed a scam. The exact same thing happened when I auctioned off the 2005 PA Black Nickel coin, and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest bidders got Second Chance offers for coins that didn't exist. Luckily, one of them contacted me and I was able to tell the others through eBay before anyone got nailed.

This is unfortunate, because I was planning on offering Second Chance offers for a current auction, but I went dutch instead. <---- (pun not intended) (Okay, maybe it was) <_<