The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Shucks, that's too bad. It hurts everytime I see one on ebay because it either means the owner is desperate...or just doesn't believe.

I do believe!

My 7 year old, Sam is about to lose his front teeth...it's taking forever but wouldn't that be cool to find under his pillow. I will leave the window open, just a crack :unsure:

What an exciting mailbox day it was for us today. The other yooper received his unbirthday mission from none other than the Highland Geofairy! We got her very beautiful #39 coin, it will hold a special place in our (growing!) coin collection. No better words to live by!!

I believe The Highland Geocoin Fairy occupies a different thread. :ph34r:

What an exciting mailbox day it was for us today. The other yooper received his unbirthday mission from none other than the Highland Geofairy! We got her very beautiful #39 coin, it will hold a special place in our (growing!) coin collection. No better words to live by!!

I believe The Highland Geocoin Fairy occupies a different thread. :ph34r:

oops! Wrong fairy, this one is certainly a beauty also!!

Does anyone know if the Geocoin Fairy can visit Iraq to participate in this event, Forward Member M&G (GC19XKF)?

To answer my own post, YES, the Geocoin Fairy made a visit to Iraq as one lucky attendee walked away with a Geocoin Fairy geocoin for being the closest to Ground Zero for the Event. I guess better luck next time for me. Or maybe the Geocoin Fairy will make a stop in Tennessee when I return in June?

My 9 year old son and I were caching this past weekend, and located a plain old lamp post skirt hide. He missed seeing the container because it was velcroed to the top of the skirt, and after I found it, I began lecturing him about using his powers of observation (like any good dad would). Well, as I finished signing the log and replaced the container, I was lowering the skirt and getting ready to leave and he then got the best of me, cause he went back to the skirt, reached under the mounting bracket for the lamp post and pulled out a geocoin and said "Hey Dad, what about this?"

As you can guess the rest of the story, it was a Geocoin Fairy coin. We are not really coin collectors, just accumulators, but when one of my buddies told him how rare and valuable it is, you would have thought that he just found pirates gold! When we got home that day, he wanted to go show it off to all his friends!

So Ms Geocoin Fairy, and/or whoever your helpers are, thanks big time, cause you really made a kids' day :lol:

Shucks, that's too bad. It hurts everytime I see one on ebay because it either means the owner is desperate...or just doesn't believe.

I do believe!

My 7 year old, Sam is about to lose his front teeth...it's taking forever but wouldn't that be cool to find under his pillow. I will leave the window open, just a crack :lol:

Email me. I've got one for you. You can save it for the next tooth.

I do believe!

My 7 year old, Sam is about to lose his front teeth...it's taking forever but wouldn't that be cool to find under his pillow. I will leave the window open, just a crack :P

That's awesome AG - the true spirit that these geocoin are given in! :P

And it also gives me a brilliant idea as rattusbaggus has had a wiggly tooth for the last week (I wish it would hurry up and fall out!! :P). Maybe he will find a geocoin under his pillow left by the Tooth Fairy also... will have to have a look through and find a nice one for him...

My 9 year old son and I were caching this past weekend, and located a plain old lamp post skirt hide. He missed seeing the container because it was velcroed to the top of the skirt, and after I found it, I began lecturing him about using his powers of observation (like any good dad would). Well, as I finished signing the log and replaced the container, I was lowering the skirt and getting ready to leave and he then got the best of me, cause he went back to the skirt, reached under the mounting bracket for the lamp post and pulled out a geocoin and said "Hey Dad, what about this?"

As you can guess the rest of the story, it was a Geocoin Fairy coin. We are not really coin collectors, just accumulators, but when one of my buddies told him how rare and valuable it is, you would have thought that he just found pirates gold! When we got home that day, he wanted to go show it off to all his friends!

So Ms Geocoin Fairy, and/or whoever your helpers are, thanks big time, cause you really made a kids' day :P

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your story. A great find indeed. :P

I do believe!

My 7 year old, Sam is about to lose his front teeth...it's taking forever but wouldn't that be cool to find under his pillow. I will leave the window open, just a crack :P

I had a root canal today, can I get a fairy coin to put under my pillow? :P That's very nice of you to give like that. :P

So Ms Geocoin Fairy, and/or whoever your helpers are, thanks big time, cause you really made a kids' day :P

I love stories like this!!! See dad, you're not as observant as you'd like to believe!! lol

CONGRATS on that AWESOME find, THANKS for the wonderful story!! Finding one of these coins in the wild must have really been special, I'll bet the youngster won't soon forget that (nor will you??)!!

I do believe!

AtlantaGal, THANK-YOU for such a wonderful gesture!! The very meaning of these coins for certain, way to go!! Very touching indeed!!

WEL DONE my friend!!

Well, I did not have the time to read all the 32 pages of this, but I think this is a great idea to a coin, and it was nice to read that it made its way to Idaho (page3) :P

Too bad those are sold on ebay, but who would enjoy having such a coin if you did not get it the intended way? The spirit of the coin you can´t buy.

Keep up bewitching caches and cachers :P

Greetings from Germany

Tschakko

P.S. Please excuse the bad english...

I do believe!

Wow! I can't believe I missed this! Thanks for emailing me directly AtlantaGal...

We thought Sam wanted to keep that tooth in forever, then we had the neighbour boys over and they knocked it out for us. The second one is soon to follow! Here is a pic of Sam and his Girlfriend Delainey sitting in a tree. I made him come to our Girl Guide Advancement ceremony. He made friends with an injured squirrel and then said a hawk carried it away :P He may have been telling a fib :P

016-1.jpg

Ah, yes I forgot to mention. Sam recently created his own caching name in time for our CITO event....he is now known as OptimusCache.

A thousand thanks and hurrahs to AtlantaGal! What a Peach!

Edited by gardengorilla

Makes you wonder if the coin is really a mystery coin when the owner of those coins sell them on ebay :D .

is the fairy still flying :grin::(

Well there is a new antique copper version on ebay. :huh: That would be a third version. :D

I do believe I saw you put one up on ebay. :huh:

Why can't we just let this fairy be. She spread so much warmth and love to us all. Just because someone has been selling her coin alot on ebay lately doesn't make us all bad. Just remember the spirit of her coin. :rolleyes:

Here here - let's hear it for the fairies!!

I do believe!

My 7 year old, Sam is about to lose his front teeth...it's taking forever but wouldn't that be cool to find under his pillow. I will leave the window open, just a crack :mad:

That's awesome AG - the true spirit that these geocoin are given in! ;)

And it also gives me a brilliant idea as rattusbaggus has had a wiggly tooth for the last week (I wish it would hurry up and fall out!! :rolleyes:). Maybe he will find a geocoin under his pillow left by the Tooth Fairy also... will have to have a look through and find a nice one for him...

Over 2 weeks later and today rattusbaggus' tooth FINALLY finally finally came out! I was begining to wonder!

020.jpg Hah, that's funny! It took even longer for Sam's

tooth to fall out. Well, it finally happened and he was thrilled to find out that the Toothfairy knew about geocaching and coins....

He still does not a tooth to replace the first one he lost so his is 'gumming' it for a while. Just in time for corn on the cob season and peaches...

Thanks so much for your generosity AtlantaGal!!

Edited by gardengorilla
020.jpg Hah, that's funny! It took even longer for Sam's

tooth to fall out. Well, it finally happened and he was thrilled to find out that the Toothfairy knew about geocaching and coins....

He still does not a tooth to replace the first one he lost so his is 'gumming' it for a while. Just in time for corn on the cob season and peaches...

Thanks so much for your generosity AtlantaGal!!

That is a very cute picture, he has beautiful eyes. He'll be breakin girls hearts when he is older, lol, Congrads Sam on receiving your new mystery Geocoin.

sweetlife

Any idea if a black nickel or two tone version might become available to find in caches? :laughing:

Are you volunteering to fund the venture? :)

Sure. Which magic mushroom circle should i send the check to? Or if people were willing to donate $30 to fix the fairy's broken wing, we could send a coin to each person who donated. :rolleyes:

Just received the latest Geocoin Fairy coin - shiny gold. NICE! For those that wonder, she is still flying, see post above.

Here is a picture as requested. Beautiful coin, the scan does not do it justice.

GeocoinFairyGold.jpg

A GOLD one. I love it. CONGRATULATIONS. It great to see that the Fairy is still flying.

I went to the North Louisiana event this weekend, and brought my modest coin collection for other cachers to log. After a while a friend called me over to show me something. She had found that the Geocoin Fairy had visited me and left one of her coins in my collection. Talk about luck. Wasn't that very nice of the Fairy to do so? It has the number AE 29 on it.

I think I must have been the luckiest girl at the Midnight Madness at GW VII. This was my first GeoWoodstock to attend. After going to our baby daughter's HS graduation the night before and then driving all night to the event. We had managed to catch a little nap before the night's festivities.

Imagine my surprise when returning to my table to find this beautiful little fairy seated in my chair!!!

and Black nickel at that!!!

Thank You GeoFairy, I will treasure this coin.

I think I must have been the luckiest girl at the Midnight Madness at GW VII. This was my first GeoWoodstock to attend. After going to our baby daughter's HS graduation the night before and then driving all night to the event. We had managed to catch a little nap before the night's festivities.

Imagine my surprise when returning to my table to find this beautiful little fairy seated in my chair!!!

and Black nickel at that!!!

Thank You GeoFairy, I will treasure this coin.

Wow that is fantastic news. congratulations! You have a special geocoin. Treasure it whith your heart, we hope we are blessed with one someday. We can only hope eh? :lol:

Edited by sweetlife