The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Right on Scavok. All your hard work banging away on metal has been noticed :)

I wish that was the case! Actually I received this as an item I bid on in the TNT auctions. I knew my chances for ever finding one and I figured it was a good enough cause to go broke over :D

A great coin! A great cause for the money to go to! Well done !!

Right on Scavok. All your hard work banging away on metal has been noticed :D

I wish that was the case! Actually I received this as an item I bid on in the TNT auctions. I knew my chances for ever finding one and I figured it was a good enough cause to go broke over :)

Wow! Congrats! It's a shame the project is over. :)

That is such a cool coin. I have my fingers crossed and hope that the project isn't over. I love reading these stories. But if it is truly over it has been SO much fun! Thanks you for all the joy that you have spread over the world with your coin GeocoinFairy!

That is such a cool coin. I have my fingers crossed and hope that the project isn't over. I love reading these stories. But if it is truly over it has been SO much fun! Thanks you for all the joy that you have spread over the world with your coin GeocoinFairy!

I do believe that it is over. The person I purchased it from had it on good authority that it is. The coins were meant to be gifts and charity coins and since so many ended up on eBay and the like, the creator decided not to continue it.

Received this in the mail today :rolleyes:

Ooh!!! #1!!! How cool is that! Wow! Lucky you! :)

CF30

Now I just need to get my hands on one of the gold finishes some how... (:

Edited by scavok

I know I am pretty new to these forums, but for my 2p worth (yep I'm from the UK :D )

I was very lucky just earlier on this week to receive a GSA, coin which I was nominated for for doing the Geocaching Calendars which I produce and sell for charity, I would never think to put this coin onto Ebay to sell, I realise how many people were/are after this coin and yes maybe it is rare and maybe I could make some money from it, but someone was kind enough to put me forward for the coin and The GSA was kind enough to send it to me, that was a gift to me which I really appreciate, if someone gives you a gift you don't put it on Ebay to make a few quid/dollars how ungrateful is that!!

On a higher note, what is the chance of the Geocoin fairy fluttering those lovely little wings over the pond :rolleyes::D

M :)

Right on Scavok. All your hard work banging away on metal has been noticed B)

I wish that was the case! Actually I received this as an item I bid on in the TNT auctions. I knew my chances for ever finding one and I figured it was a good enough cause to go broke over :lol:

I hear you. That's how I got my GSA coin last year. It's easier to pay big dollars when the money is going out to help someone in need. B)

Oh, I dearly hope that Geocoin Fairy has not retired her (his) wings!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about all the finds and all the smiles that have been brought about by this coin. I know that a few tears have been brought by some that lacked enough brain cells to realize that what they were doing was wrong, but the smiles FAR outway the tears, I think.

Geocoin Fairy, you have been such a joy, and we will miss you!! I hope that you will feel the warmth of the smiles that you have brought for a LONG time!

Oh, I dearly hope that Geocoin Fairy has not retired her (his) wings!!

The is one on ebay. (can't link it cause it's not trackable).

I was going to say d@mn it don't they know that would spoil it for us? Then I saw the seller and all was right with the world.......

The Geocoin Fairy gave her blessings (and the coin) to help out Geocoinfest...a big thanks to her (and the Great Geocoin Pumpkin - that auction was last week). The mystery coin folks continue to amaze me with their generosity!

Dear Geocoin Fairy, we are so sorry that you've hung up your wings. But we are so thankful for all the joy you flew around the world and shared before you rested. Rest easy, knowing that you, and ALL mystery coin givers, have blessed the Geocaching community in many ways, and in times of need so many times, that we can't even begin to count. We will miss you journeys, but we will always know you shared your love. All I can offer you for ALL this is just a simple THANK YOU!!

God Bless You!! The Amigos

Dreams do come true. :laughing: The geocoin fairy, weary of flying in the cold and snow, used the postal service to send a little magic my way. As I opened the envelope and pulled the beautiful coin out I swear the air got a little warmer, the sun shone a little brighter and I think the snow even began to melt. Maybe now spring will finally arrive to WI :laughing: . I guess I was meant to start a collection, up until about a month ago I released all of my coins. Thanks so much for this beautiful coin Geocoin Fairy. It will forever be a special part of my very small collection. You really do bring a touch of magic to the geocoin world and the world in general with your special touch!

Dreams do come true. ;) The geocoin fairy, weary of flying in the cold and snow, used the postal service to send a little magic my way. As I opened the envelope and pulled the beautiful coin out I swear the air got a little warmer, the sun shone a little brighter and I think the snow even began to melt. Maybe now spring will finally arrive to WI :laughing: . I guess I was meant to start a collection, up until about a month ago I released all of my coins. Thanks so much for this beautiful coin Geocoin Fairy. It will forever be a special part of my very small collection. You really do bring a touch of magic to the geocoin world and the world in general with your special touch!

Wow - congratulations!! That is very well deserved!

I had started constructing a trap from twigs several months ago, which I was going to place shiny geocoins in as bait in the hope that the geocoin fairy might fly by and see the coins and happen to leave one in it. I was even planning to make it so she would be able to get out of the trap as I would hate to have her get stuck in it... I stopped making it when I heard that she was hanging her wings up... maybe I should finish it and put it out to see what happens?

Edit - to correct silly spelding misteaks!!

Edited by keewee

Well Here is our Story ! And Our being Craftinmomma ( My Wife ) And Myself ! We were at The Clear Springs Event in Mississippi as we had driven down Friday afternoon ! Of course caching along the way ! Meeting up with all our friends . Followed Amagrud down to the Campground and pitched the tent and went caching . Came back for a great evening by the fire and fellowship , smore's, and stories ,Which there were many ! Finally turned in late. The next morning brought hot coffee ,Cinnamon Rolls from a Dutch oven , Eggs ,saugsage ,bacon and biscuits !! Way to start the day ! And you would think could not get any better ! Everyone hitting the trails ,and logging caches and we finally filtered back to the pavillion for lunch and Prize drawings and Awards Ceremony For Not2Shabby's 1K finds! Well I took my Geocoin Book out of my Jeep where it had been locked up all night and unzipped it for others to view the different Geocoins and log some Icons if they wanted ! Well I noticed that when I unzipped the case to open it there was some sparkly dust on the pages ! That was odd because only Craftinmomma and I had looked at it ! I flipped it open and was showing my friends when I noticed a coin that took my breath away ! How did she get in there I wondered ?There looking back at me was the most Beautiful Coin in our collection ( The Geocoin Fairy #234 ) She stared back at me and I could not take my eyes off of her ! She is so beautiful in Person ! Craftinmomma had told me she left the sunroof open on my Jeep the night before ! Had she Flown in and unzipped my Book of coins and looked through it and left a token of her appreciation and friendship and a little pixie dust! I was speechless and still cannot believe We are this worthy of one of her coins ! My Wife and I will cherish this day forever ! Thank you Geocoin Fairy From both of us ! This coin is our most cherished geocoin ever ! We Thank You So Much! So never stop believing in her ! I know we havn't !

Well Here is our Story ! And Our being Craftinmomma ( My Wife ) And Myself ! We were at The Clear Springs Event in Mississippi as we had driven down Friday afternoon ! Of course caching along the way ! Meeting up with all our friends . Followed Amagrud down to the Campground and pitched the tent and went caching . Came back for a great evening by the fire and fellowship , smore's, and stories ,Which there were many ! Finally turned in late. The next morning brought hot coffee ,Cinnamon Rolls from a Dutch oven , Eggs ,saugsage ,bacon and biscuits !! Way to start the day ! And you would think could not get any better ! Everyone hitting the trails ,and logging caches and we finally filtered back to the pavillion for lunch and Prize drawings and Awards Ceremony For Not2Shabby's 1K finds! Well I took my Geocoin Book out of my Jeep where it had been locked up all night and unzipped it for others to view the different Geocoins and log some Icons if they wanted ! Well I noticed that when I unzipped the case to open it there was some sparkly dust on the pages ! That was odd because only Craftinmomma and I had looked at it ! I flipped it open and was showing my friends when I noticed a coin that took my breath away ! How did she get in there I wondered ?There looking back at me was the most Beautiful Coin in our collection ( The Geocoin Fairy #234 ) She stared back at me and I could not take my eyes off of her ! She is so beautiful in Person ! Craftinmomma had told me she left the sunroof open on my Jeep the night before ! Had she Flown in and unzipped my Book of coins and looked through it and left a token of her appreciation and friendship and a little pixie dust! I was speechless and still cannot believe We are this worthy of one of her coins ! My Wife and I will cherish this day forever ! Thank you Geocoin Fairy From both of us ! This coin is our most cherished geocoin ever ! We Thank You So Much! So never stop believing in her ! I know we havn't !

Now THAT'S what I call a GREAT DAY OF CACHING! Good Food, Good Friends, Good caches, and receiving a GREAT coin! It doesn't get any better than that!

Great job, Geocoin Fairy!!

Great story, and man, that breakfast sounds GOOD! What I wouldn't do for a good, solid breakfast like that that I don't have to cook myself, lol!

Send me some pixie dust, please? Maybe if you do it will help the Geocoin Fairy find me here in Sweden! She can help keep the Highland Geocoin Fairy company!

Congrats, ya'll, on a great find!

Naomi <_<

Oh no, not on eBay... B):unsure:

But even if it is sad to see what happens to a few of those coins, congratulations to the people who received a Fairy coin! B)B):DB)

It is really a beautiful coin and brings a smile on my face every time I look at it :rolleyes: I had a great hunt to get it :laughing:

Thank you again, Geocoin Fairy! :D

Oh no, not on eBay... :rolleyes:B)

But even if it is sad to see what happens to a few of those coins, congratulations to the people who received a Fairy coin! :unsure::DB)B)

It is really a beautiful coin and brings a smile on my face every time I look at it :laughing: I had a great hunt to get it B)

Thank you again, Geocoin Fairy! :D

Well said... I couldn't agree more!

i just wanted to drop a quick note in here now that i found this thread.

im the person selling the coin on ebay *ducks head to prepare for assault*

i have good reason though. first of all i didnt even know this was such a special coin when i picked it up off a raffle table (well actually it was the last thing left on the table...which i now find hard to believe knowing what a cool coin it was) second i am selling off almost my entire coin collection to pay off some huge bills (it was either coin collection, or end up out on the street...not a hard decision there. ) so ive been selling my collection off on here and on ebay to get the money to help out.

im sorry to all ive hurt by selling this coin, but im not doing it with malicious intent (and like i said until i pooped in here i didnt even know how special it was) and it does pain me to sell off my collection, but one does have to be able to afford to live. :unsure: (life sucks when it gets in the way of your hobbies)

:laughing::rolleyes::D

i have good reason though. first of all i didnt even know this was such a special coin when i picked it up off a raffle table (well actually it was the last thing left on the table...which i now find hard to believe knowing what a cool coin it was) second i am selling off almost my entire coin collection to pay off some huge bills (it was either coin collection, or end up out on the street...not a hard decision there. ) so ive been selling my collection off on here and on ebay to get the money to help out.

im sorry to all ive hurt by selling this coin, but im not doing it with malicious intent (and like i said until i pooped in here i didnt even know how special it was) and it does pain me to sell off my collection, but one does have to be able to afford to live. :unsure: (life sucks when it gets in the way of your hobbies)

:laughing::rolleyes::D

I hope things pick up for you real soon. "when i picked it up off a raffle table (well actually it was the last thing left on the table...which i now find hard to believe knowing what a cool coin it was: when I read this I thought isn't it amazing. It was like the geocoin fairy knew you was some day going to need it and it was saved just for you. I am relatively new to collecting geocoins and the forum but it seems like the mystery geocoins arrives when a person needs it most and something magical happens. Things always seems to get better and I pray your situation improves.

I hope things pick up for you as well! Givin that you didnt know what you had and that you had the decency to come in here and appologize for holding the auction, that definatley puts you another level of forgiveness, but nothin peives these generous mystery people more than other people makin a quick buck of their preacious treasures they give away for people to enjoy.

I cant beieve that was the last thing on the table!!! :( and I am sure the winner of the auction is happy to own the coin and ill even bet the geocoin fairy is happy to be able to help you, but it is the sale for profit that has almost forced this fairy to cease her fairyfull travels.

That coin you had is one that is a coin that is desired utmost by many people who have not had the chance to own one...You are a fortunate one and for that you should take this chance to thank the Geocoin Fairy for the opportunity you had to own one of her treasures taht so many desire...and thank you for coming in here with your appology, That really means alot! :D

I am sorry for your misfortune ! I want all to know Since I have been Caching I have picked up some beautiful coins ! Bought a few ,Won a few !! But I know how much finding that Geofairy coin in my coin book a week ago today Meant to me ! It was something that I had a chance to go after when it was dropped in a cache by the fairy but did not really have the means to go for it ( car engine Blew up ) , but I did not thinking it was gone already ! Seeing other cacher friends of mine with one and seeing how beautiful the coin was only made me want one so much more ! I own a lot of material objects that are worth a few dollars ! THEY would go ! I Will NEVER sell this coin !!! It will always hold a spot in my wifes and my heart ! For the Friendships That We have made Geocaching !!! I truly thank the Geocoin Fairy For choosing us to accept this coin !!

im sorry to all ive hurt by selling this coin, but im not doing it with malicious intent (and like i said until i pooped in here i didnt even know how special it was) and it does pain me to sell off my collection, but one does have to be able to afford to live. :huh: (life sucks when it gets in the way of your hobbies)

:huh:B)B)

Could someone post the link to this sales? I might just have the urge to bid (I feel horridly for this person and want to try to help if I can). What other coins have you put up for sale??

thank you all for the kind words (even though i know most of you were thinking very unkind things upon hearing of the coin on ebay) and a HUGE thank you to the geocoin fairy for providing your support in a very unconventional way when i need it the most.

for those wondering i have updated my for sale list on the forums here, and will be adding a few others to ebay in the coming days.