The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Wow, what a decision. 5.5 hour drive for a coin? Hmmm What to do, What to do. It's been there over a day. Will it still be there? Finally decided it was worth it. I am truly addicted. Off I go! Early in the morning too! Forgot coin to swap and camera in my haste. But I have a lot of swag with me. So 5.5 hours later I get there. Is it still there? Please please.. YES It is! GCF #145!! Woo hoo!! Leave a bunch of swag! TFTH! And Thank you GCF!

That was the actual log! Long drive for just one cache but it was worth it. Will post pics soon! Trust me, it will be with me and the other mystery coins forever!

:laughing::D:D

Congratulations Rex!!!!! Was that a 5.5 hour drive one way? OMG I am so glad after that drive that you weren't disappointed. It reminds me of a drive that I think crazycavelover made last year to get one!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Wow, a 5 hour-drive :D I did a 2 hour-drive for the fairy-coin, but to be honest, it was a weekend-trip and luckily the fairy dropped her coin in a cache that was along our way :laughing: I don't have a own car, and wouldn't be able to do such a long drive just for a cache. In my case it was hard work to persuade my better-half to make a stop on our way "just for a cache with a coin", especially because we didn't have much time for the search :D But I found the cache, and the coin, and this coin is soooo beautiful :D It will always and forever have a very special place in my collection! Thanks again, Geocoin Fairy!

I woke up this morning and saw the GCF had logged 2 caches in Washington! One was a puzzle, so I skipped that one and went for the other. 30 minute drive, 45 minute hike (only cause my directions were bad, it should have been a 15 minute hike) and I get to the cache, and I see her name in the log book...and then a few others after that. So no GCF coin for me, but the person who did grab it, was more than deserving of it! At least I got to enjoy a nice hike on a rare sunny NW day! Maybe next time!

I woke up this morning and saw the GCF had logged 2 caches in Washington! One was a puzzle, so I skipped that one and went for the other. 30 minute drive, 45 minute hike (only cause my directions were bad, it should have been a 15 minute hike) and I get to the cache, and I see her name in the log book...and then a few others after that. So no GCF coin for me, but the person who did grab it, was more than deserving of it! At least I got to enjoy a nice hike on a rare sunny NW day! Maybe next time!

ACK! Been so busy doing post WWFM I hadn't looked the past few days!

*In my hometown*

Woo Hoo!

It took me a while to get the correct coordinates, but solved the puzzle part to the puzzle cache the Geocoin Fairy visited nearby. Left home about 9:15 and just got home!

4 WPs and the final. WP1 was found pretty quickly, but WP2 took a long time, and was only found after I abandoned my gpsr when it became obvious that I wasn't going to find it on the other side of a fence on private property. WP3 was a killer and my flashlight even died along the way leaving me with just my little emergency light. Spent well over an hour and then only found with help from the cache owner who actually stopped by when he saw me in the park on his way home (this was a little before midnight!). With his kind help, I was able to find WP3. WP4 and the final came pretty quickly after that.

The final in hand, I was pretty excited. The cache was a lot of work and I was pretty happy having just found it, but it was now after midnight and there was a reason I was there then.

Opened the container up and YES! The Geocoin Fairy coin was still there! I could not believe it! It was excellent! #60!

There are so many great cachers in this area, so many that really are much more deserving of such a coin, that I was *really* glad that this was a really challenging cache for me, the sort of cache that you really have to work for and then feel like you really earned that find. In the end, I started work on this about 4:30pm and got home a little after 1am :-)

Thanks so much Geocoin Fairy. I'm tired, pants are all wet and muddy, my fingers ache from the cold, but I'm feeling like a million bucks after that find. A great coin, a really challenging cache and met a really nice cacher, a really great night all around!

Woo Hoo!

It took me a while to get the correct coordinates, but solved the puzzle part to the puzzle cache the Geocoin Fairy visited nearby. Left home about 9:15 and just got home!

4 WPs and the final. WP1 was found pretty quickly, but WP2 took a long time, and was only found after I abandoned my gpsr when it became obvious that I wasn't going to find it on the other side of a fence on private property. WP3 was a killer and my flashlight even died along the way leaving me with just my little emergency light. Spent well over an hour and then only found with help from the cache owner who actually stopped by when he saw me in the park on his way home (this was a little before midnight!). With his kind help, I was able to find WP3. WP4 and the final came pretty quickly after that.

The final in hand, I was pretty excited. The cache was a lot of work and I was pretty happy having just found it, but it was now after midnight and there was a reason I was there then.

Opened the container up and YES! The Geocoin Fairy coin was still there! I could not believe it! It was excellent! #60!

There are so many great cachers in this area, so many that really are much more deserving of such a coin, that I was *really* glad that this was a really challenging cache for me, the sort of cache that you really have to work for and then feel like you really earned that find. In the end, I started work on this about 4:30pm and got home a little after 1am :-)

Thanks so much Geocoin Fairy. I'm tired, pants are all wet and muddy, my fingers ache from the cold, but I'm feeling like a million bucks after that find. A great coin, a really challenging cache and met a really nice cacher, a really great night all around!

Congratulations!!!!!

Solving that puzzle alone deserves a big kudos! I took one look at it and was like what the heck is that! Glad to hear your adventure ended with a GCF geocoin!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations intolerable, wyohunter, and all other finders!

I just wanted to say Thank You to The Geocoin Fairy for being so generous, friendly, and understanding. Also, thank you for coaxing The Geocoin Secret Agent to join you in your fun. I hope you continue in your geocaching for a long time to come!

I haven't had the opportunity to find one of The Geocoin Fairy Geocoins yet, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a chance :ph34r:

Edited by TokyoBlossom

wOOt!!!!

I was too late to reap the benefits of The Geocoin Fairy’s trip to Minnesota first hand, but I managed to talk a local finder into a trade and I ended up getting one anyway!!!

I am not sure if it’s cool or not but I’ll take it!!!!

This coin has seen its last trade!!!!

This one will go on the wall next to the GSA and Easter Bunny Coins!!!

Thanks GCF!!!

wOOt!!!!

I was too late to reap the benefits of The Geocoin Fairy’s trip to Minnesota first hand, but I managed to talk a local finder into a trade and I ended up getting one anyway!!!

Thanks GCF!!!

Awesome! Aren't they beautiful?!! Maybe one of these days...............lol!!

wOOt!!!!

Thanks GCF!!!

There is one sitting in a cache on the West side of FT Worth!

wOOt!!!!

Thanks GCF!!!

How far is that from them? Texas is a big state!

wOOt!!!!

Thanks GCF!!!

How far is that from them? Texas is a big state!

Just a few hours! :D

Woo Hoo!

Au contraire, intolerable; you were VERY DESERVING of this coin! You went for it and after a lot of hard work, you achieved your goal-The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin.

I, too, was in a similar situation. I read some of the posts for some easy caches for the Geocoin Fairygeocoin, but the cache that I found the GFC in was very challenging to me. Instead of muddy and cold, I was hot, sweaty, and lost! But it felt great to know I made it successfully to the cache and found the coin. It was so worth the hunt!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm WAYYYYY late posting this, but the story is very cool.

Back on December 1, I set out to hide an ammo can near our new home in Anchorage. The location I'd chosen was along Little Rabbit Creek which drops out of the front range of the Chugach Mountains looming to the east of town. Spending time by the creek itself is pleasant and there is a nice trail system that crosses the creek and parallels it for quite a ways.

Anyway, I hid my ammo can, set my GPS down to average, and noticed another possibly even better hiding spot about ten feet away. I peered into the spot and saw...another ammo can . "What in the world?" I pulled it out thinking it must be a stash of another kind or an old long since archived or never approved cache, but there it was sporting a new Geocache sticker on the side, a stash sheet taped inside the lid, and lots of great swag. I rooted around, located the log book, opened it, and saw the December 1, 2007, date placed inside the cover. Cool! A FTF before the cache even lists...which was a first for me.

Okay...fast forward a bit. Once the cache listed on December 2, I posted my find and saw the note on the cache page requesting someone to leave a pen in the cache. Since I live less than ten minutes from the cache, I went back to the cache later on December 2 with a pen and pencil set. I noticed what looked like raven wing imprints (but smaller) on the snow around the cache, but didn't think anything of it until I opened the cache, checked the log book to see if anyone had been to the cache since I'd visited it the previous evening, and saw a Geocoin Fairy sticker in the log book. That piqued my interest further and I rooted around the swag some more and found a Geocoin Fairy coin! Fortunately, I had an unactivated Alaska micromosquito coin in my caching bag, so I was able to trade for it.

I really liked the cache location the first time I passed through it. Now it will always have additional magic for me...my first FTF before publishing and then a Geocoin Fairy coin find! Thanks, Geocoin Fairy, for making the location even more special!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Back on December 1, I set out to hide an ammo can near our new home in Anchorage. The location I'd chosen was along Little Rabbit Creek which drops out of the front range of the Chugach Mountains looming to the east of town. Spending time by the creek itself is pleasant and there is a nice trail system that crosses the creek and parallels it for quite a ways.

Anyway, I hid my ammo can, set my GPS down to average, and noticed another possibly even better hiding spot about ten feet away. I peered into the spot and saw...another ammo can . "What in the world?" I pulled it out thinking it must be a stash of another kind or an old long since archived or never approved cache, but there it was sporting a new Geocache sticker on the side, a stash sheet taped inside the lid, and lots of great swag. I rooted around, located the log book, opened it, and saw the December 1, 2007, date placed inside the cover. Cool! A FTF before the cache even lists...which was a first for me.

Okay...fast forward a bit. Once the cache listed on December 2, I posted my find and saw the note on the cache page requesting someone to leave a pen in the cache. Since I live less than ten minutes from the cache, I went back to the cache later on December 2 with a pen and pencil set. I noticed what looked like raven wing imprints (but smaller) on the snow around the cache, but didn't think anything of it until I opened the cache, checked the log book to see if anyone had been to the cache since I'd visited it the previous evening, and saw a Geocoin Fairy sticker in the log book. That piqued my interest further and I rooted around the swag some more and found a Geocoin Fairy coin! Fortunately, I had an unactivated Alaska micromosquito coin in my caching bag, so I was able to trade for it.

I really liked the cache location the first time I passed through it. Now it will always have additional magic for me...my first FTF before publishing and then a Geocoin Fairy coin find! Thanks, Geocoin Fairy, for making the location even more special!

Your story is way too cool :mmraspberry: Congratulations!!!

Another awesome story...and a deserving holder of a great coin!! Love to read about these, especially with so much other stuff going on lately!

THANKS again for your kindness Geocoin Fairy...and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!!

Another awesome story...and a deserving holder of a great coin!! Love to read about these, especially with so much other stuff going on lately!

THANKS again for your kindness Geocoin Fairy...and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!!

Wow, That's a really cool story:) Merry Christmas to you and the Geocoin Fairy! Glad your still around:)

The geocoin fairy visited my daughters book cache cache near Helena Montana this summer and left a coin. Lucky for her I stopped by the cache that same day to drop of some more books for her cache and found the coin. We checked the logs for the fairy, and she must be the real thing, no human could jump states and countries that fast. Thanks for the visit Geocoin Fairy!

The geocoin fairy visited my daughters book cache cache near Helena Montana this summer and left a coin. Lucky for her I stopped by the cache that same day to drop of some more books for her cache and found the coin. We checked the logs for the fairy, and she must be the real thing, no human could jump states and countries that fast. Thanks for the visit Geocoin Fairy!

That was good timing! Congratulations to you and your daughter on your coin find :back: .

So here's my story:

My thyroid has given me some real trouble this past year. My weight has bounced all over the place and I have really struggled to stay healthy and not lose any strength. Then this fall I had a major knee "injury".

Mix in an insane Christmas schedule and some lab values that are less than desirable and you have the perfect combination for a couch potato salad.

Today was the day that I determined that I was going to do some of the more lengthy caches and get some exercise and fresh air no matter how bad I felt, nor how much I had to do at home.

I ran away from home. It was tough going on the ice on the trails, but I managed to find time to do 4 caches, and got almost 3 miles under my belt.

It felt great. And no matter how tired I felt I kept telling myself that I would get a reward out of this....thinking about mental health of course.

Move forward to late afternoon and a chance to actually spend time with LadyBee4T, my frequent caching partner and fantabulous friend. We did a cache, DNF'd one and then decided to go for some supper and exchange gifts. LordYatchman met us and we giggled our way through about 2 hours time.

We had fun opening presents, and it is obvious she knows me well....the first thing I got was a bumper sticker that says:

Found cache

Lost car

I roared!

Then she gave me a CHAIN SAW! And anyone who knows me knows that I have long bemoaned the fact that no one will let me have one. I spend my summers volunteering at a camp and they will NOT let me use a chain saw...under any circumstances. Neither will my family.

So getting one for Christmas is just too good to be true.

Now it might only be 4 inches across and have 3 pink crystals in it and a keychain loop, but who cares.....

It's a CHAIN SAW and it's mine all mine!

And then one more package. Oh my gosh.....You shouldn't have!

I got a GEOCOIN FAiRY! She is adorable! I have let her loose in my office and she is flying around having a great time here as I type!

What a great surprise!

Some time ago I mentioned on the wish list thread about 2 coins that I really liked. Within a short period of time I had received those coins. I had wanted a fairy too, but I was so worried about appearing greedy about it, that I have not said anything.....

But the fairies knew.

Thank you for this wonderful coin. It will not be leaving my possession and I will treasure it for a long time.

And when I am sitting in the old fogies home in my rocking chair telling stories of my past and reminiscing, this will be one of those memories that I will be cherinshing.

LadyBee4T, Thank you.

And Merry Christmas, anne

So here's my story:

My thyroid has given me some real trouble this past year. My weight has bounced all over the place and I have really struggled to stay healthy and not lose any strength. Then this fall I had a major knee "injury".

Mix in an insane Christmas schedule and some lab values that are less than desirable and you have the perfect combination for a couch potato salad.

Today was the day that I determined that I was going to do some of the more lengthy caches and get some exercise and fresh air no matter how bad I felt, nor how much I had to do at home.

I ran away from home. It was tough going on the ice on the trails, but I managed to find time to do 4 caches, and got almost 3 miles under my belt.

It felt great. And no matter how tired I felt I kept telling myself that I would get a reward out of this....thinking about mental health of course.

Move forward to late afternoon and a chance to actually spend time with LadyBee4T, my frequent caching partner and fantabulous friend. We did a cache, DNF'd one and then decided to go for some supper and exchange gifts. LordYatchman met us and we giggled our way through about 2 hours time.

We had fun opening presents, and it is obvious she knows me well....the first thing I got was a bumper sticker that says:

Found cache

Lost car

I roared!

Then she gave me a CHAIN SAW! And anyone who knows me knows that I have long bemoaned the fact that no one will let me have one. I spend my summers volunteering at a camp and they will NOT let me use a chain saw...under any circumstances. Neither will my family.

Now it might only be 4 inches across and have 3 pink crystals in it and a keychain loop, but who cares.....

I got a GEOCOIN FAiRY! She is adorable! I have let her loose in my office and she is flying around having a great time here as I type!

What a great surprise!

Some time ago I mentioned on the wish list thread about 2 coins that I really liked. Within a short period of time I had received those coins. I had wanted a fairy too, but I was so worried about appearing greedy about it, that I have not said anything.....

But the fairies knew.

Thank you for this wonderful coin. It will not be leaving my possession and I will treasure it for a long time.

And when I am sitting in the old fogies home in my rocking chair telling stories of my past and reminiscing, this will be one of those memories that I will be cherinshing.

LadyBee4T, Thank you.

GREAT story Anne...and another great job Beverly!!

So here's my story:

Found cache

Lost car

I roared!

What a great surprise!

But the fairies knew.

LadyBee4T, Thank you.

Ohhhhh.... What a great way to end the year!! We're so happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Here's my brush with Geocoin Fairy fame. This happened while I was still cutting my geocaching teeth. Go figure that I just about accidentally landed one of the most prized coins around!!!!!!!!!!! Salutations is cool though, so I don't feel like such a loser....well, ok, I still do.

Logs from Downtown Quarry in SC:

July 4 by darnjoeSNARG (86 found)

I had to nab the boxer coin! Between my mom, sister and I, we have 6 boxers. Boxers are great people dogs and are much friendlier than they look. I always cringe when people ask me about my "pit bulls". Grrr.

T-Cineboxer GC

L-Muggles GC

July 14 by The Geocoin Fairy (446 found)

Stopped by to find this cache earlier this evening. Nice time to look for it when school is out for the summer. Interesting area for a cache and easy enought to find. I took nothing, but left a little something for another finder. Please trade fairly for it and thank you for a nice cache.

TGF

[view this log on a separate page]

July 15 by salutations (1826 found)

Have been waiting to find a token from the Geocoin Fairy. Today was our day. Grabbed the coin and left two unactivated coins in its place. Thanks for sharing!

[view this log on a separate page]