The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Ok folks heres my two cents....

Atlanta Gal, remember what you told me when you traded another cacher for a gold OIFGA geocoin, a coin that is only for combat vets. You never spent a day in the military. Remember what you told me? You said to get over it. JUST GET OVER IT, OK.

Damenace, you probably need to sell more coins so you can get the other dent fixed on your car. I don't intrude on your threads.

Arthur & Trillian, When you meet me in person at the 2008 MOGA you can say all you want to me about how you feel about the fairy geocoin. Will you have the same attitude like you do on the threads hiding behind a computer?

Two of you here have violated many geocachers geocoin ideas and ruined the intent of what they meant. So stop living in a glass house, stop calling the kettle black and let the coin runs its course.

Let the geocoin fairy drop more coins.

Edited by Cav Scout
Arthur & Trillian, When you meet me in person at the 2008 MOGA you can say all you want to me about how you feel about the fairy geocoin. Will you have the same attitude like you do on the threads hiding behind a computer?

Hmmm...good question. The best answer I can give you is that many people on here have met me outside of this little virtual world and I carry the same opinions out there that I do here. So, take it for what it's worth.

Now...can we get back to speaking about the GCF coin?

Not going to address this to anyone in particular...

There are times, especially in the internet world on forums, when you should step away from the keyboard before hitting enter. Write it out, save it in notepad, then come back in a couple of hours and see if it's really what you want to say!

Here, more than anywhere else, should you really think about what you're going to "say," as there is no way for others to hear what emotion you are using, the tone of voice, inflection, etc. Smileys are nice, but they don't do the job completely.

Bridges are being burned, lots of jabs exchanged, and it doesn't look good on anyone.

Discretion is the better part of valor... sometimes it's just better to <bite your tongue (more polite way of saying it added by moderator)>...

Just my .02 from past experience... you can take a lot of things back, words on a forum aren't one of the things you can, though.

Edited by Eartha

We're working really hard on having this thread shut down aren't we?

Those of you who are having the arguments in here please get out of this thread, take it to private discussion and not post in here again.

You know who you are, but if you don't, I can see about blocking you from this thread entirely.

I'm really tired of the same complaints about past behaviours and actions taken, that have nothing to do with other coins, popping up in other coin threads. Really tired of it. Let bygones be bygones, and past history is past history. You are not making yourselves look very good in the eyes of others. I can tell, from all the reports I keep getting, that everyone is tired of hearing about it.

DROP IT ALREADY. Get back on track, or we'll have to close this thread.

....... or we'll have to close this thread.

Eartha: Please don't close this thread, but much rather use the other option you mentioned above.

There are a whole lot more people out here that DO care about the ORIGINAL INTENT of this thread and still would love to read more stories about geocions, fairies and great finds etc., either because we were lucky enough finding a coin ourselves or still hoping that one day we might run across one.

I'll be watching this thread closely for a while to make sure it stays on track. No further warnings will be sent or posted here. Consider this a final warning.

Thanks to The Amigos for trying to reign this one back in.

As Eartha said, if you wish to discuss tangent happenings, or re-hash old wounds - do it without using these forums.

So - who else found one recently?

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I just found the Geocoin threads today! These are going to keep me busy!! :P

A while back I was lucky enough to find one of these coins in a cache. Another cacher in our area had told me about them, so the search was on! The Geocoin Fairy certainly can be a tricky hider. :( I thanked him/her personally with an e-mail at the time.

Thank you again, Geocoin Fairy! We LOVE the coin!

Edited by VirginiaGator

I love coming home at night and reading through the forums to see who found a Mystery Coin that day, and what they had to do to get it! After a long day, taxing myself both mentally and physically in the hospital, it's nice to relax and just unwind. That's what this forum and others like it do for me. It's not really whether I have a Geocoin Fairy coin or not, it's about the fun of SOMEONE being honored and/or surprised by this coin (and the others like it).

You ALL help me to end a bad day in a good mood. And after sitting here relaxing for a few minutes and reading the forums, I'm ready to get up and deal with whatever issues my family may have that need attention, because you've all brought me a laugh and a smile!! Some of the greatest caching stories I've ever heard have been right here on the Mystery Coin forums!!

I'm so happy we are headed back down that path, and not where we were last night. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

Now, more stories!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 very HAPPY Grandaughters.

1926457718_1b6051283d.jpg

The TGF made a quick flight through Arkansas.

It was the first hard freeze and the weather was dreary.

A late night looking and had a great query.

I had on my list a local TB cache.

The TGF landed we were off in a flash.

All up early before it was light,

If someone beat us there might be a fight.

And luck was with us as we flew down the road,

No one was out no not even a toad.

Our goal was fixed and our mind was set.

A TGF coin for the girls to get.

As you can see it makes me happy too,

And may the Good Fairy dust land on you!

I noticed one of (his)her logs was at The Trail Of Tears....................

It was the first stop,maybe some reflections on some most recent postings in this thread.

Just my observations.

I hope that TGF does not leave too many tears and keeps spreading the magic around.

It is TRULY A MYSTICAL COIN.

Thankyou for Stopping TGF I will treasure mine forever and the GEO*Girls will to,it is already in a safe spot.

Texas, Germany and Wyoming are kind of far from Illinois but if I start walking now there's a chance I can .....................

WAIT I already have one of these beautiful coins so I won't have to walk there after all. I'll just go to my daughters room and look at the one she has hanging on her wall.

Edited by luckycharmer
Texas, Germany and Wyoming are kind of far from Illinois but if I start walking now there's a chance I can .....................

WAIT I already have one of these beautiful coins so I won't have to walk there after all. I'll just go to my daughters room and look at the one she has hanging on her wall.

Quit your bragging! :rolleyes:

Quit your bragging! :rolleyes:

Believe me, we worked to get our coin. 2 trips through a cemetery a night with only a cell phone for light (dead batteries in our flashlight) I'm proud of my coin and won't give it up for anything. I do have to get it away from my daughter though. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH. I hope the Geocoin Fairy visits near you soon. :o

Hello Geocoin Fairy

My how your wings must grow tired, are you ready to rest? I would love to show you around my area if ever you find yourself about, please let me know. Maybe a nice meal and some relaxation?

The work you do (as well as the other mystery coiners) is truly inspiring, I feel myself wondering how I can make someone's day better myself! Your work really brings joy to me through the awesome posts from the grateful coin holders!! Please never stop infecting others with your kindness!

I posted a similar message for the other mystery coiners, but would like to praise them as well here! You guys are truly an example of how great our community is (there are sooo many other great people behind those computer screens as well, you all know who you are), how caring this community is! THANK-YOU for being YOU...you have a wonderful gift...the gift of LOVE, CARING AND GIVING!

Hello Geocoin Fairy

My how your wings must grow tired, are you ready to rest? I would love to show you around my area if ever you find yourself about, please let me know. Maybe a nice meal and some relaxation?

The work you do (as well as the other mystery coiners) is truly inspiring, I feel myself wondering how I can make someone's day better myself! Your work really brings joy to me through the awesome posts from the grateful coin holders!! Please never stop infecting others with your kindness!

I posted a similar message for the other mystery coiners, but would like to praise them as well here! You guys are truly an example of how great our community is (there are sooo many other great people behind those computer screens as well, you all know who you are), how caring this community is! THANK-YOU for being YOU...you have a wonderful gift...the gift of LOVE, CARING AND GIVING!

Well said!

:anicute: We were fortunate to find The Geocoin Fairy coin in our Trail of Tears Travel Bug Hotel in northwestern Arkansas and feel very privileged. We try to keep geocoins and travel bugs in this cache at all times, so maybe it was karma that the Fairy visited us. But whatever, many thanks for this terrific coin which has become the pride of our geocoin collection. (BTW, on the coin the Fairy is sitting on our cache location!) -_-

Well I haven't found one but actually got to hold two last night at the Greater Palm Springs Geocacher 3rd Annual Event.

I havent found any either but isnt great to see them in person! I got to see a Mtnbike10 coin, 3 Easter Eggs, 2 Geocoin Fairy coins, and 1 Pot of Gold last month at Cachetoberfest here in SC. Even though I may not get to own them (or is it them own me). I am grateful to those who bring their great coin collections for others to enjoy. I learned so much!

Wow, what a decision. 5.5 hour drive for a coin? Hmmm What to do, What to do. It's been there over a day. Will it still be there? Finally decided it was worth it. I am truly addicted. Off I go! Early in the morning too! Forgot coin to swap and camera in my haste. But I have a lot of swag with me. So 5.5 hours later I get there. Is it still there? Please please.. YES It is! GCF #145!! Woo hoo!! Leave a bunch of swag! TFTH! And Thank you GCF!

That was the actual log! Long drive for just one cache but it was worth it. Will post pics soon! Trust me, it will be with me and the other mystery coins forever!

-_-:anicute::lol:

:anicute: We were fortunate to find The Geocoin Fairy coin in our Trail of Tears Travel Bug Hotel in northwestern Arkansas and feel very privileged. We try to keep geocoins and travel bugs in this cache at all times, so maybe it was karma that the Fairy visited us. But whatever, many thanks for this terrific coin which has become the pride of our geocoin collection. (BTW, on the coin the Fairy is sitting on our cache location!) -_-

Congratulations all TGF finders.

Aint it SWEET.

Wow, what a decision. 5.5 hour drive for a coin? Hmmm What to do, What to do. It's been there over a day. Will it still be there? Finally decided it was worth it. I am truly addicted. Off I go! Early in the morning too! Forgot coin to swap and camera in my haste. But I have a lot of swag with me. So 5.5 hours later I get there. Is it still there? Please please.. YES It is! GCF #145!! Woo hoo!! Leave a bunch of swag! TFTH! And Thank you GCF!

That was the actual log! Long drive for just one cache but it was worth it. Will post pics soon! Trust me, it will be with me and the other mystery coins forever!

-_-:anicute::lol:

WOW!!! You're AWESOME!!!!! I really would have had to think long and hard about driving that far with gas prices like they are right now!! Congrats!!!!

:laughing::D:D

Wow, what a haul, especially with the current fuel costs. You really ARE addicted! Congrats on your find!!!

Congrats Rex, wow you have just the luck I do when it comes to tracking down these GCF coins!!

Congratulations wyohunter on your GCF coin. Believe me, I know exactly what you were feeling. I almost did the same thing, the only thing that stopped me was having a 9 year old getting off of the bus and me not being at home! Yep. . .consider me in the same category of the truly addicted!

Congrat's Rex! I know you've been waiting a long time, I'm really happy for ya!

tsun :D