The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Sorry to hear that, Naomi :(

Seems that the coin is still there in that cache in Germany. Hoping and praying that it will be still there for me tomorrow, and that there will be enough time for me to search for that cache (that requires absolutely no traffic jams on our drive up north and little problems finding the cache :D ). And if everything works right, I hope there will be no such dissapointment like Naomi found, that someone just took the coin and didn't log the cache :mad:

There is another place the Fairy visitet, but that cache is much more frequent visited, and not so easy to pass by, so I guess the other one might be the better option for me. Sometimes I think it was placed there just for me :huh::D:D

Sitting at home this evening, I was in the process of registering to attend GeoWoodstock6 when I received notification of a special visit to one of my caches. The Geocoin Fairy actually visited my cache? Could it be true? I had to wake Mr. ChanceRider to let him know I was heading out, at 9:30 at night for the 45 minute drive to the cache. Didn't want him waking up only to find me missing; he goes to work at 5am so was sound asleep as I prepared to leave. We live in a very rural area, quite similar to where the cache is located. "Take the German Shepherd" he cautions me... then, "heck, I won't be able to sleep until you get back, I'm going with you".

Why did driving the speed limit seem so s-l-o-w tonight? We lucked out and only saw a few deer, and one raccoon, on the roads, and heck, at 9:30 at night traffic wasn't an issue.

Arriving at the cache area, I hopped out of the car with my flashlight in hand. What? I can't find MY OWN cache :D ? Finally, down on my hands and knees, I find it.... please, please still be there Geocoin Fairy coin!

Carefully removing the lid from the container, I was rewarded with the twinkling glow of this wonderful coin! I left one of the two coins I'd taken with me for the next finder... I'll have to return soon with another, smaller coin as the large Meades Ranch coin wouldn't fit. In my haste to leave I didn't even consider the cache size!

Geocoin Fairy, thank you so much for your wonderful gift! I shall treasure this coin and the excitement and anticipation of the find!

Here it is! The The Geocoin Fairy geocoin. These are not to hard to find, but however the Geocoin Fairy only allows the people it likes to find one of these, however did I come across one of these little critters in a cache.

The money from this geocoin sale will go towards christmas gifts and cards for American troops deployed overseas in Iraq and Afganastan. Nothing like getting gifts during the holidays when you are so far from home. Believe me I know how it feels...

I'm sure the geocoin Fairy would approve of such a wonderful auction when it comes to supporting our men and women defending our country and freedom. I will only accept paypal, will ship overseas, and will not accept any bids with negative feedback.

Somehow or another I don't think the GCF would approve of this at all... at least not without asking her if it was permissable, first.

Who's here in Kentucky that got a GCF coin?

Whoever they are, shame!

Who's here in Kentucky that got a GCF coin?

Why non other than Cav Scout :D Wonder how he got Joranda to part with his.

I don't know what I ever did to you. I still have my geo fairy coin and I will never get rid of it. I'm proud of that coin and I worked hard to get it. I found it while I was at MOGA and I kayaked out to a little island on that lake one mile one way to get it. So I am proud to say that I really did find it in a cache in the wild. And I was like a kid in a candy store showing it to everyone while at MOGA that I made it out there and found it. So please don't ruin this coin for me. Like I told you before, everyone is different. So please don't jump the gun on me next time. I keep my special coins.

Incredible!

I was just wondering how a v.1 GCF made it there for you to find. I didn't see a log from anyone saying they dropped it.

That is all.

I am wondering if it is one of those who are were cutting back or quitting their collections, and they have done the right thing by the Geocoin Fairy with their coin - not sold it, but put it back into the game for another deserving recipient! See GCF - we can do the right thing :D

Yes... the way this coin has gone is Incredible! It seems that after these posts and all that has been said that someone is STILL trying to ruin it for the rest of us! Personally, I find those actions highly offensive. It wouldn't be so bad if the GCF had sanctioned the sale, but that does not seem to be the case. What a very sad state of affairs :D

I still have faith in this community and that the right things do happen, most of the time.

From the listing:

What is the point? For these statements alone, I would never bid on this item...let alone the obvious reasons :D:D

Recently it has been brought to my attention there is another seller of geocions who feels threatened by my listed geocoin sales. I can assure you my sales are not a scam or fake. Yes I supposed you can say I bored and have money to burn, but what the heck? I'm doing this for a good cause. If want good quality service and not want to worry about getting your package only to find out that its been cut open and the coin is missing, then bid from my auction with confidence you will get your coin and help out this christmas by supporting our troops.

If you get any negative emails through Ebay about my geocoin listings from the seller I am talking about, please forward them to me so I can report her actions

Today I found a silver TGF geocoin :blink: . I thought there was only gold ones? Is this one rare :) ?

I found a silver version the other day as well... I believe that once TGF exhausted his/her supply of the gold, a silver version was made. A beautiful coin in either metal version :ph34r:

Edited to add: Congrats on the find! I know I'll treasure mine and keep it on my desk to look at and hold often! It reminds me of the anticipation and excitement of the find.

Edited by chancerider

Seems that the coin is still there in that cache in Germany. Hoping and praying that it will be still there for me tomorrow, and that there will be enough time for me to search for that cache (that requires absolutely no traffic jams on our drive up north and little problems finding the cache :blink: ). And if everything works right, I hope there will be no such dissapointment like Naomi found, that someone just took the coin and didn't log the cache :ph34r:

OK, I went to bed at midnight, after I checked that cache again and nobody had logged it. We got up at 4 am (Friday), left at 5:30 am and had no problems on the road. When we arrived in Bremen, I had one hour to search for the cache and the coin. The cache was hidden in a beautiful park, with very old trees, and it was a calm, qiet morning with a light drizzle. A perfect morning for a fairy! After about 30 minutes we found the cache. I couldn't believe that there should be really a Geocoin Fairy coin inside :o and so I waited a moment before I opened the cache. But after that I looked inside, and IT WAS THERE ;);):) A little fairy was waiting for me, just for me, for nearly a week :D I couldn't believe it, the Geocoin Fairy has left two coins in Germany this year, and I was one of the lucky persons to find one :D Thank you Geocoin Fairy for giving me this chance, leaving this coin just at the right moment!

I traded for an unactivated coin and my signature coins, and carried the coin with me the whole weekend. I just couldn't leave it in the hotel room :)

The park where the cache (and the coin) was hidden:

Fairy_3.jpg

Coin #201

Fairy_1.jpg

The cache with the coin:

Fairy_2.jpg

Seems that the coin is still there in that cache in Germany. Hoping and praying that it will be still there for me tomorrow, and that there will be enough time for me to search for that cache (that requires absolutely no traffic jams on our drive up north and little problems finding the cache ;) ). And if everything works right, I hope there will be no such dissapointment like Naomi found, that someone just took the coin and didn't log the cache ;)

OK, I went to bed at midnight, after I checked that cache again and nobody had logged it. We got up at 4 am (Friday), left at 5:30 am and had no problems on the road. When we arrived in Bremen, I had one hour to search for the cache and the coin. The cache was hidden in a beautiful park, with very old trees, and it was a calm, qiet morning with a light drizzle. A perfect morning for a fairy! After about 30 minutes we found the cache. I couldn't believe that there should be really a Geocoin Fairy coin inside ;) and so I waited a moment before I opened the cache. But after that I looked inside, and IT WAS THERE :):):D A little fairy was waiting for me, just for me, for nearly a week :D I couldn't believe it, the Geocoin Fairy has left two coins in Germany this year, and I was one of the lucky persons to find one ;) Thank you Geocoin Fairy for giving me this chance, leaving this coin just at the right moment!

I traded for an unactivated coin and my signature coins, and carried the coin with me the whole weekend. I just couldn't leave it in the hotel room ;)

The park where the cache (and the coin) was hidden:

Fairy_3.jpg

Coin #201

Fairy_1.jpg

The cache with the coin:

Fairy_2.jpg

Congrats! B)

The one in the woods... Yep, I did find a gold one, however a friend of mine has told me it may be bronze. I really don't care about metal types or who drops them.

Today I found a silver TGF geocoin ;) . I thought there was only gold ones? Is this one rare ;) ?

Which cache did you find it in? I was wondering because I thought you had already found a gold one...

Congrats.

Edited by Cav Scout

The one in the woods... Yep, I did find a gold one, however a friend of mine has told me it may be bronze. I really don't care about metal types or who drops them.

Today I found a silver TGF geocoin :cool: . I thought there was only gold ones? Is this one rare :ph34r: ?

Which cache did you find it in? I was wondering because I thought you had already found a gold one...

Congrats.

Pretty evasive answer...what's the GC# of the cache you found it in? I am always curious about the caches the Fairy decided to visit, you know.

I mean, I guess I can understand why you're so evasive, considering what I have seen you say in another thread:

I'm getting ready to sell a SILVER fairy geocoin. Is that bad? :D:rolleyes::rolleyes: Of course its for a good cause.

Nice...and people wonder why the GCF is stopping doing what she does best; making people happy with small acts of kindness.

Here's the reason, folks. :anibad:

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

1378 post to this thread and nowhere is ther any mention that the GC Fairy has left any coins in the PLace we all come to love as Friendly Manitoba...although our gov't decided somewhere that Spirited Manitoba was more appropriate, you ask anyone here and we are Friendly Manitoba not spirited...after all we are, "Canuks" Pass the Canadian, eh!

Congrats to all the recent finders.

As for Cav Scout..as I'm sure you've already found out, selling the coin, unless backed by TGF her/himself is bad. Period.

I have a feeling if you were to sell yours, you would be hounded for a long time.

But I'm guessing that you decided not to, thus AtlantaGal's message of "I'm glad you decided to keep your Jordana".

I hope this is the case. I don't see TGF approving of any sale, but it MAY be possible. Ask though, and I would also try to get a public post here from him/her that they are approving the sale.

Just my $0.02.

But I'm guessing that you decided not to, thus AtlantaGal's message of "I'm glad you decided to keep your Jordana".

Not the same person, rather brothers.

Didn't you sell one of these on ebay along with a mountain bike coin?

The difference is...he had their blessing to do so. So far, it looks like your bro doesn't...least no one has said different.

If I am not wrong, though, it was just a M10B.

The difference is...he had their blessing to do so. So far, it looks like your bro doesn't...least no one has said different.

No I thought there was a secert agent and a geo fairy coin on there too.

By the way, I thought the last time we had a run in on the forums about selling coins on ebay without the owners blessings, I thought you was saying it was ok, that once you got it you could do what ever you want to with it? What's the change of heart now? I don't think it's right, but there's a lot in this world that's not right and there is nothing I can do about it. I know when I find a special coin like that, that I treat it special and keep it being thankful that I did get one.

Thank you AT, you are right. I have both my GCF coins in my possession. It's obvious that apple fell from the same tree.

Don't know where he comes off making such accusations, when all I was doing was stating the facts, unlike him!!!

Thank you AT, you are right. I have both my GCF coins in my possession. It's obvious that apple fell from the same tree.

Don't know where he comes off making such accusations, when all I was doing was stating the facts, unlike him!!!

It's okay. Neither of them terribly impress me, either.

so you are saying you didn't sell a m10bike coin and some other mystery coins on ebay, to fix a dented car? :D

It's okay. Neither of them terribly impress me, either.

who is trying to impress you?

so you are saying you didn't sell a m10bike coin and some other mystery coins on ebay, to fix a dented car? :D

Alright are you prepared to listen, I sold a Mtn10bike coin to fix my dented car. I have all my mystery coins in posession. Now if you are anything like the other apple I am sure you can make up some fictitious story to validate what you may have believed to be a mystery coin.

Now either cut to the chase or shut up!!!

Hey folks, no offense, but this IS the Geocoin Fairy geocoin topic. Can we get back to that? That's the stories that we all love to read on here, and this is getting nasty.

OP, any thoughts?

Only my two cents, but I would like to see this go back where it needs to be.

I agree, and with that being said I apoligize for the direction this has taken.

Now back to your already scheduled program!!

Hey folks, no offense, but this IS the Geocoin Fairy geocoin topic. Can we get back to that? That's the stories that we all love to read on here, and this is getting nasty.

OP, any thoughts?

I agree too. just threw in my 2 cents when my name gets thrown in for nothing that I have done. And yes, apples are different in all trees.

OP, any thoughts?

Thanks for the wake-up call.... I found one of these beautiful coins recently, and with the latest "drama" this tread took a huge downturn. Good to see it heading in a positive direction once again.

CONGRATULATIONS to the newest finders. I'm glad to see this back on track. My kids love coming here and following everyones adventures. I hate to see the magic from this fabulous coin get lost. As a reminder of what it's all about JUST GO BACK AND LOOK AT ALL THE SMILING FACES.

We'll always treasure the one we found.

OP, any thoughts?

Peggy, thank you for getting this back on track! ;)

I have watched this thread since it started, and have enjoyed the pictures and stories so much!