The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Oh, Geocoin Fairy, I'm so sorry to hear this latest news! Why does it always seem that a few bad apples spoil the barrel? While I live an a very remote area, I never gave up hope that someday, somehow, I'd be lucky enough to find a Geocoin Fairy coin. I've treasured reading the posts by people who have been lucky enough to find your beautiful coin(s)... and the pictures of the children? Priceless. Thank you for all you have done for this great community... Please, do not let the action(s) of a few spoil the memory of this great gift you have given.

Wij Drie, While I was travelling to the other end of your country, I hit some rough weather and lost 4 other coins that I had wanted to place in your country. This same thing occurred while travelling to Texas and the Czech Republic in August, and also to Australia in July. It's part of the reason I never pick up anything at the caches I visit. I have a difficult enough time flying with my coins sometimes :D

Good news for these areas though. I spoke to the vendor that made my coins and we are going to make a limited amount of "lost" fairy coins that will be placed into caches in these areas sometime after the new year. They won't be numbered, but in the numbered area the word "lost" will be inscribed. So far there will be 12 of them.

Watch for me in Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming and Arkansas soon :D

I am anxiously watching. :D Now I really have to get that special fairy cache built and hidden before you get here! And congrats to all the latest finders!!

Wij Drie, While I was travelling to the other end of your country, I hit some rough weather and lost 4 other coins that I had wanted to place in your country. This same thing occurred while travelling to Texas and the Czech Republic in August, and also to Australia in July. It's part of the reason I never pick up anything at the caches I visit. I have a difficult enough time flying with my coins sometimes :D

Good news for these areas though. I spoke to the vendor that made my coins and we are going to make a limited amount of "lost" fairy coins that will be placed into caches in these areas sometime after the new year. They won't be numbered, but in the numbered area the word "lost" will be inscribed. So far there will be 12 of them.

Watch for me in Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming and Arkansas soon :D

Wow - I'd live to get one of the "lost" inscribed coins! :D

Lost in transit:

Netherlands 4

Australia 2

Texas 3

Argh! Lost in transit. There goes my hope to find one in the Netherlands :huh:

Darn, Texas is so big, things get lost in the Wilderness, never to be found again. just my luck!

But Geocoin Fairy, we will really miss you if you go. You have lit up so many faces!! I hope you reconsider, as I know many others do also. :lol:

Oh, Geocoin Fairy, I am SOOOOOO glad to hear this!! I hope that I can be lucky enough to be close to one of the caches that you choose to visit. After all, Texas IS a big state to make a mad dash in! lol You could drive all night, and still not get anywhere! But if your Fairy Dust was leading me, I could find it!! And a coin with LOST on it! WOW!!!! :lol:

I'll be watching close!! :huh:

:lol:

Did I read that right!? The Geocoin Fairy visiting so close by? Fleeing my workplace mumbling something about an emergency and jumping in the 3doxies roadster, I drove for what seemed like 3 hours (actually about 10 minutes). It had to be there, surely no one could get there more quickly! Yes! Yes! It's so beautiful! It's in my hands now and I'm turning it over and over. Is it a dream? No! It's real - I have a Geocoin Fairy of my very own! Thank you - Thank you TGF!

:huh:

:)

I picked it up in Indiana at GCGHMG. No signature though. You can see a picture of it on the log.

Look at what I found, could it be true?, A geocoin fairy geocoin :) ...

Oh, cool! Congrats, CS!!!

CF30

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that last year's geocoin fairy coin?

Edited by Cav Scout

I picked it up in Indiana at GCGHMG. No signature though. You can see a picture of it on the log.

Look at what I found, could it be true?, A geocoin fairy geocoin :) ...

Oh, cool! Congrats, CS!!!

CF30

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that last year's geocoin fairy coin?

I have the first edition of the GCF coin and the one in the pic indeed is version one...not the current GCF coin.

No GCF log, either.

Incredible!

I was just wondering how a v.1 GCF made it there for you to find. I didn't see a log from anyone saying they dropped it.

That is all.

I am wondering if it is one of those who are were cutting back or quitting their collections, and they have done the right thing by the Geocoin Fairy with their coin - not sold it, but put it back into the game for another deserving recipient! See GCF - we can do the right thing :)

I am wondering if it is one of those who are were cutting back or quitting their collections, and they have done the right thing by the Geocoin Fairy with their coin - not sold it, but put it back into the game for another deserving recipient! See GCF - we can do the right thing :)

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

I recently heard of somebody doing something similar with another coin, so it does happen.

Early this morning I went for a walk to check on my local caches, to see if they are ok for the winter.

I couldn´t believe my eyes when I notice a Geocoinfairy coin !! I´ve been reading this thread daily to see if the geocoinfairy was comming to my part of the world but never thought it was going to happen - but now it has and I´m so happy. Thank you so much Geocoinfairy.

Geocoinfairy

Early this morning I went for a walk to check on my local caches, to see if they are ok for the winter.

I couldn´t believe my eyes when I notice a Geocoinfairy coin !! I´ve been reading this thread daily to see if the geocoinfairy was comming to my part of the world but never thought it was going to happen - but now it has and I´m so happy. Thank you so much Geocoinfairy.

Geocoinfairy

Congratulations!!!!!! She sure does get around!!!

Grattis, Solan! Jag är jätteavundsjuk! Kanska hon ska kom up till mitt området snart!! Vilken tur du har :)

On a side note, what are you doing this week? Micke is going to be in Stockholm Mon-Thurs and it might be nice for him to get out of the hotel in the evenings and go caching one day if you're up for it!

Naomi :lol:

OMG, the Geocoin Fairy just visited Germany, a cache in an area where I pass by next friday :D But I am afraid we will not have the time to search for this cache even if the coin will be there until friday, as we will have to reach a transit to a little island we are going to visit over the weekend... :):):D

But congratulations to the recent finders! :)

Ok, now I'm going to pout.

Not only is hubby away in Stockholm for 4 days and my plan to join him one night fell through, BUT....

He went to a cache that the GCF had visited in hopes of getting the coin for me to make up for me not getting to go, and someone took it without logging it!

Should I cry now or later?

On the bright side, though, he got to meet Solan109 and had a nice time searching for the cache with her!

Naomi :D

Saw that the Geocoin Fairy had been in the area recently. Only about 45 miles away. Darn, I am here in a town just minutes (30min) away from being able to snag a great coin. Guess what.... I am on my last shift of work in this town tonight. I did not bring my GPS for these last 6 days of work. I figured I would work/sleep and then repeat. (Night shift ER Nurse) Hubby has to come tomorrow to hook up our camping trailer that has been my home for past 3 months. I called him, come now, bring the GPS! Go to this cache...... Aha. Great to live in a state with only slightly over 500,000 people. He got to the cache and the Geocoin Fairy's coin was still there. Woo Hoo ! We got a Geocoin Fairy COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traded it for a NavStar GPS unactivated coin.

Thanks Fairy!

Edited by Team FIREBOY

Ok, now I'm going to pout.

Not only is hubby away in Stockholm for 4 days and my plan to join him one night fell through, BUT....

He went to a cache that the GCF had visited in hopes of getting the coin for me to make up for me not getting to go, and someone took it without logging it!

Should I cry now or later?

On the bright side, though, he got to meet Solan109 and had a nice time searching for the cache with her!

Naomi :)

Sorry to hear that Naomi! I'm sure one will come to you sooner or later. I need to get buy with rattusbaggus and build a small trap with appropriate bait in the hope we might capture a GCF coin... I'm not sure how you make the holds small enough to keeps the coins from escaping, but big enough to let the GCF out! Maybe magical holes are needed in the trap? :)

The past two days we've been getting snow, and I have been known to be an optimist so like to think this just may be a little pre-fairy dust.

Could it, or would it be possible to have the Geocoin Fairy visit us in the almost great white North....I've been known to travel 605 klms just to go caching.