The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

GCF: Wow, sad news indeed. Your kindness has been much appreciated, thanks for putting so many happy smiles on many faces. I'm hoping that you can find a way to work around this issue but you do what you need to do. Thanks for everything but still hoping you'll keep your project going.

<_<:P:):D:mad::mad::mad:

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I really do hope that you decide to continue on.

Congratulations to 007BigD - well deserved mate, well deserved.

GCF - I'm so sorry to hear that. It is the same old story - a few ruin it for the rest of us. I thank you for your generosity to the community and the excitement you instill in us. I still hope to one day find one of your beautiful geocoins.

Dearest Geocoin Fairy~ I would like to take a 2nd chance to thank you for all the joy you have spread to not only the finders of your precious coin, but to all the fun you have spread here on the forums!

If I had not had the chance to find the prize you left for me this past weekend I would be emmotionally sick with the thought that I may never have one of these prizes! <_<

I hope you may recoinsider your travels someday...Its not a perfect world and for someone to sell off there prize for profit may not seem morally correct to most of us, some just dont realize or may not have been taught that selling a Geocoin Fairy is Bad JuJu and punishable up to 5 years in Geocoin Prison with possibilities of Geocoin forum Exile.

I can asure you as the shine will shine tomorrow that you bring so much joy to the finders, that it outweighs the corruption of selling off your coin on Ebay! Its gonna happen and will probably happen again...all we can hope for is that the coin makes its way into the hands of the morally sound...Those of us who have been taught since birth about the Geocoin Fairys travels and what a truley priceless treasure we either seek or have found!

Just look at these pics of all who you have brought joy too and tell me its not worth brightening more faces like these!

65a8353f-2d34-40ba-b4a2-eadb4381a2f.jpg

91a57213-dfd2-4015-9da2-0dd1a6f11c8.jpg

amazement.jpg

heatherfairy.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

075dd29a-f9f4-4355-ba3d-624511fc657e.jpg

2c1ca4a5-3725-4747-b563-252012ceecbd.jpg

243e809e-3fec-41e5-bdca-a781547edf94.jpg

5df81b4b-3af9-41c0-add5-f6bfd781b0ba.jpg

<_<

Now How can ya say that this doesnt make for the greatest coin finds in the world!...And who can we thank?????.....That'd be you Lil Miss Geocoin Fairy! Well worth every effort you have put forth and if its a few non worthy Fairy sellers to make this possible for all of us...Id say good trade!...Cant win em all...But its sure fun tryin to find just one! :P

I am really sorry that you feel this way Geocoin Fairy. <_<

Thank you so much for all the generosity and happiness that you have spread. Maybe one day when the timing is right you will change your mind. I can understand why you have made this decision and do respect that though.

Thanks 007BigD for the photo montage. It was great. We will treasure the geocoin fairy coin that is in my daughter's collection for many, many years to come.

GCF: Your post was so sad to read. My kids and I loved the excitement of finding your coin. I hope you know that the majority of us really do appreciate your generosity. Your coin will always remind me of seeing the amazement and excited faces as my kids first glimpsed the coin. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS SO SPECIAL AND FOR BRINGING THE MAGIC OF BELIEVING TO ALL OF US.

My hope is that the ones selling the coins are cachers who just stumbled into a find and don't really realize what they have. Maybe a cacher who only found a few caches and lost interest. They may profit from money but the majority of us have profited in a much larger way.

Edited by luckycharmer

Congratulations to you, 007BigD. <_<

Like the others, I want to add that the Geocoin Fairy coins will always have a special place in my collection. So many kids, grown-up kids and even animals have shared big smiles after finding one of these coins.

Again, Little Fairy, thank you so much for all the joy you have spread around the world. :P

Dearest Geocoin Fairy~ I would like to take a 2nd chance to thank you for all the joy you have spread to not only the finders of your precious coin, but to all the fun you have spread here on the forums!

If I had not had the chance to find the prize you left for me this past weekend I would be emmotionally sick with the thought that I may never have one of these prizes! <_<

I hope you may recoinsider your travels someday...Its not a perfect world and for someone to sell off there prize for profit may not seem morally correct to most of us, some just dont realize or may not have been taught that selling a Geocoin Fairy is Bad JuJu and punishable up to 5 years in Geocoin Prison with possibilities of Geocoin forum Exile.

I can asure you as the shine will shine tomorrow that you bring so much joy to the finders, that it outweighs the corruption of selling off your coin on Ebay! Its gonna happen and will probably happen again...all we can hope for is that the coin makes its way into the hands of the morally sound...Those of us who have been taught since birth about the Geocoin Fairys travels and what a truley priceless treasure we either seek or have found!

Just look at these pics of all who you have brought joy too and tell me its not worth brightening more faces like these!

What Dave said (and showed) so well . . . . it is so sad a bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. Hopefully you have a change of heart and be motivated by the smiles and cheers and follow through with your original plan and continue to do this VERY nice thing for the community. If it is or will be over thanks for the memories. I am sure I speak for the masses when I say "You are top shelf in my book".

NOOOOOOOO....................DON'T GO, FAIRY!!!!! <_<:P

I've never found one of your oh so awesome coins, but I've had more fun reading this forum and all the stories of how your coin has been found. I work in the hospital, and I like to come home at night and read through the forums, just to relax. And these stories give me a smile in my heart before I go to bed at night. So don't EVER EVER EVER think you haven't brought good into someone's heart that you've never even met, because YOU HAVE.

I really will miss reading all the stories about you, Fairy, but I do respect your choice, and I won't say I understand, but I will say Bless You as you go on your way, whichever way that may be.

Mommy Amigo

Oh Fairy! :P Please don't go! There will always be at least one person out there willing to profit from another's generosity no matter how you go about trying to prevent it (admittedly they are usually found as dictators in third world countrys but that's a whole other thread...) so PLEASE don't go away! This thread has been one of my favorites. I have been lucky enough to find one of your coins and I thank you for it! it will always be a treasured part of my collection. And tho my "adventure" wasn't nearly as exciting as many other's, it was fun! We love you GCF!

CF30

BTW: your coin would look AWESOME in Ant. Copper! <_<

sorry you have been hurt generous one. Would you consider plan B - adding a tracking number to the rim and selling this coin in copper in PAIRS only limit of one pair per cacher, already activated with the proviso that one of the coins be placed in a cache as a trade item or gifted to a school, event ...... Sell em on ebay - make a small profit and send your fairy gold to some good cause.

ps you will retain your anonymity by using the mint as your retail front.

Edited by forthferalz

GCF. You will be sorely missed! <_< I never got one of your coins but the thought of finding onewWas a great thing to hold on to. I hope that some day you will return! Thanks for all the great stories and smiles you put on all the faces! Take care of yourself. And thanks for all the great memories!

That's to bad about Ebay and some of the other special coins that are out there. I have been watching the The Geocoin Fairy logs for some time. Most coins do not do much for me, but these are very nice coins. I came close to getting one on a mad dash from Petaluma to Sacramento one evening in hopes of getting one. Hopefully you will change your mind tho. It was cool to see Dave at the event after his find. He was so stoked about it. Great pix to.

Haven't checked this forum for awhile, and then I see a log by TGF him/herself. Oh no! I can't believe it is true!

How little ones, and great big little ones all over the world will be greatly disappointed. There will always be someone who will try to ruin all good things. Wherever there is good and light, there will always be darkness. Don't let the light stop shining. I never was able to post these pics for my little one's special experience of getting his coin. It was about a year ago when you flew over to AZ to help me with a request that blindsided me when my son told me he was expecting the tooth fairy to leave him a GCF geocoin when he loses his next tooth, after he saw Haughton's Hunters' special coin at a local cache event. Just recently he has built himself a little notebook of geocoins with 1-2 pages of his 8 or so coins, proudly showing off his #002 first series GCF coin at a local geocoin fest here in AZ. It is certainly his prized coin, and would NEVER sell or TRADE this for anything knowing it may have great value! It is very possible the person selling this coin does not realize the intention and expectation that goes along with this coin? Though I would always respect and understand the decision you appear to have made, I hope you will reconsider your decision because there are a whole lot more happy experiences and stories talked about than there will ever be from a coin selling on E-bay. It is not worth anything if it doesn't have a cool "find" story to go with it. That is priceless! It is what keeps this forum alive! It is times like this in images that follow that will come to an end because of whatever and whomever might not be able to BELIEVE!

20fe7780-016c-4a8c-a3da-fc3a982594c7.jpgLost Tooth Will Bring GCF Coin

54866a24-eefc-4683-bad3-f50299bd4a8c.jpgThe Request to Cousin Toothfairy

21964839-9278-4e35-9573-aae23518f005.jpgThe Wait!

Side Note: My little one recently saw Haughton's Hunters has two GCF coins and was excited to see a new one, we were hoping to find one of those in the future to add to the collection. Even though my son received the special coin which kept his magic of childhood and fairies alive, I had a great time telling the story, too! I hope these special moments you've given us and others will move you to reconsider.

X_MarkstheSpot, in AZ Thank You Geocoin Fairy for Bringing Us so Much Fun and Happiness

P.S. Far fetched, but Is it possible to add a note on a future coin stating: "this coin can never be sold, must return to giver or be passed on to someone else?" Just a thought.

I am deeply saddened by this decision. As some of you may have read some of my wildest journeys have involved the chasing down of the GCF coin.

Despite me liquidating some of my coins, these mystery coins are some of my most valued coins. There are two ways I would part with these coins, 1) you prying them from my dead cold hands 2) Me regifting them out annonymousely :unsure: !.

I hope to someday give back to the community with my own version of a mystery coin :o

Sad day indeed - may the geofairycoin sellers on ebay feel the geowrath of all who have been thrilled to find this treasure. And, all of those beautiful smiles will just be history now. GCF, we apologize for the insult to a wonderful and generous gesture and thank you from the bottom of our geohearts for the coins that have been dropped and wouldn't be sold, traded, parted with for anything! You have made so many big and little people very happy and that will not be forgotten! Thank you.

I haven't kept up with this tread very well, and all I can say is, wow. GCF, you have brought so much joy to so many. I cannot believe that your flights will be ending. I am very saddened to read this. Our first GCF coin hunt still remains one of my favorite geocaching memories. It has been said before, but bears repeating...THANK-YOU for your generosity.

sad%20fairy.jpg

Edited by DresselDragons

I swore I would never post here, but in light of recent events, I felt the need to. Due to the recent eBay listings, I am probably going to end this project with the antique silver version of my coin. I did want to do an antique copper version next year, but I didn't make these coins to have people profit from them on eBay. They were gifts for cachers and geocaching in general.

Just so some places don't think I have forgotten about them, currently there are coins in these areas waiting to be placed:

Czech Republic 2 (since July)

Germany 4 (since July)

Alberta, Canada 1 (since August)

Alaska 2 (since August)

West Virginia 1

Washington 3

Virginia & DC 3

Nevada 3 (since September)

Kansas 3

Wisconsin 3

Lost in transit:

Netherlands 4

Australia 2

Texas 3

For those of you who found this coin, should you decide you no longer want it, please trade it to someone who does for commercialized coins you can freely sell on eBay.

Thank you.

That's sad to hear this project is coming to an end. :unsure:

I've been seeking this coin for about 8 months now and I was sure I would find one if I was patient enough.

Since Quebec is not included in the above list, I now doubt I will be able to get one before the project ends.

I don't want to be pessimist but the same thing might happen with other "mystery coins".

I think the only way to prevent this eBay listing is to activate all the coins (like Great Geo-Pumpkin did) before sending them to people. I know The Geocoin Fairy wasn't trackable but it's just an idea for future project.

Well, I'll get in my car right now and I'll drive 50 hours to get the one located in Alberta. :o

Thanks for this project. I had fun looking at your profile on a regular basis hoping to find one of your coins in Quebec. I know it's not over yet so I'll keep hoping...

Congrats 007BigD !

Wow! It's a shame a few people have to ruin it for everyone else. I have always said that gifted coins and trade only coins should be respected an not sold on eBay. This is just one recent example. While I understand your reasons, GCF, I am sad to see the project end. We will always treasure our GCF coins. They remain one of our most favorite! Thanks for bringing such joy to so many recipients!

....Anthus

This is very sad news. If you decide to stop dropping your coins because of the actions of these two people I can understand that totally. Seeing these coins on ebay very much angered me and even though I know someone that would dearly love one, I refused to bid. Your kindness and generosity have brought smiles and joy to many and I have always looked forward to reading this postive thread esp when so many other threads turn nasty.

I know that I was absolutely THRILLED to death when I opened that ammo can and the coin was still there! I have smiled along with other stories as I remember the day I found mine. I treasure it as one of my prize coins. I hope that someday maybe we can hope that the fairy will return and bring smiles and joy to many others. If the wings can no longer fly I am sorry but still thankful for the smiles and joy that you have provided.

I swore I would never post here, but in light of recent events, I felt the need to. Due to the recent eBay listings, I am probably going to end this project with the antique silver version of my coin. I did want to do an antique copper version next year, but I didn't make these coins to have people profit from them on eBay. They were gifts for cachers and geocaching in general.

Just so some places don't think I have forgotten about them, currently there are coins in these areas waiting to be placed:

Czech Republic 2 (since July)

Germany 4 (since July)

Alberta, Canada 1 (since August)

Alaska 2 (since August)

West Virginia 1

Washington 3

Virginia & DC 3

Nevada 3 (since September)

Kansas 3

Wisconsin 3

Lost in transit:

Netherlands 4

Australia 2

Texas 3

For those of you who found this coin, should you decide you no longer want it, please trade it to someone who does for commercialized coins you can freely sell on eBay.

Thank you.

Argh! Lost in transit. There goes my hope to find one in the Netherlands :unsure:

Edited by Ilonka1980

Oh Gracious Fairy...

I am so sorry that there are such inconsiderate BOOBS out there that did that to your beautiful gift... such are the ways of man, though, sadly enough.

Please don't let a couple of bad apples spoil the kindness and spirit that is the Geocoin Fairy. There is so much good in this world, in spite of the few bad apples out there. So much kindness and generosity and love. Please don't give up on us! We need beautiful creatures like you in our world.... you help us remember to spread the love, generosity, and beauty, not to mention to remember the magic that is still out there that we forget about and close our minds to as we get older!

We need you in our world! Don't go!

I think the only way to prevent this eBay listing is to activate all the coins (like Great Geo-Pumpkin did) before sending them to people.

The Great GeoPumpkin's are trackable :o ?

Oups !

There's lots of new mystery coins and I got a bit confused. :unsure:

The Great Geo-Pumpkin Geocoin is not trackable. That's the CreepyCrawlyCachers who is trackable.

Sorry about the confusion.

To all of you who have congratulated me on my Geocoin Fairy find~ THANK YOU! I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments. ;)

CONGRATS to 007BigD! I loved your story and I loved the grin on your face with your Fairy Geocoin.

To the Geocoin Fairy: I, too, am very sad and upset that your good will has been tarished by whomever it was that put your coin on EBay. (I personally didn't see it, I just read about it on this forum) I am very thankful to you for all of the joy you have brought me and many others who have found your coins.

Your coin challenged me to go out and hike more difficult trails than I would normally have done and since I found your coin, I have been hiking some challenging trails. You showed me that I could do it, even when I thought I couldn't! Thank you for that.

Your coin also caused me to learn how to take advantage of the features on the geocaching website! Sometimes, I can be a little slow to figure things out, even when some geocachers on this forum told me what to do! However, being determined "to figure" it out, led me to a successful hunt. Thank you for that, too.

I always felt that when you decided to stop flying from cache to cache, it would be a sad day for many of us geocachers. In light of the current events, it has really caused heavy hearts among many of us reading your recent post. Thank you for all of your generosity and kindness. I wish you joy and happiness in whatever your future decisions may be.

;) Sorry to hear the silver will be the last GCF coin. I certainly understand that you don't want to see others profit from your generosity. But perhaps there are those who would appreciate and be worthy of a monetary donation: the "Little Lost Fairy Orphanage" and the "Institute for the Improvement of Fairy Dust" come to mind. :yikes: You could have a trusted forum member set up a few auctions on your behalf. I'm sure having "authorized" auctions would decrease the amount to be made by others. Or you could use the funds to pay for tracking on the next batch.

If you make more, or if you don't, yours was the first mystery coin I ever found. And we hiked up to 9500 ft. to find it! This year's adventure was much closer to home and I almost couldn't find my own cache! One of the other Hawaii finders (anyankachan) was so excited she called us at 6:00 a.m. to tell us she made the find! In other words, I've enjoyed every moment of reading about your travels and the travels of those in search of your coin! Mahalo nui loa for all the fun.

007BigD that was a wonderful collage of pictures.

GCF you have done such a generous and wonderful gifting of coins to many grateful coin collectors out there and as always it only takes one to spoil to the bunch. I am happy to say over the weekend I got to see in person not one but two of your coins they are beautiful and the person who owned them would never (just many others) sell hers.

Thank you for all you have done. ;)

Would you consider plan B - adding a tracking number to the rim and selling this coin in copper in PAIRS only limit of one pair per cacher, already activated with the proviso that one of the coins be placed in a cache as a trade item or gifted to a school, event ...... Sell em on ebay - make a small profit and send your fairy gold to some good cause.

ps you will retain your anonymity by using the mint as your retail front.

Anonymity isn't really the point, it's a mystery coin... in the spirit of mystery coins they are not sold but placed into caches for random people to find.

Oh Gracious Fairy...

I am so sorry that there are such inconsiderate BOOBS out there that did that to your beautiful gift... such are the ways of man, though, sadly enough.

Please don't let a couple of bad apples spoil the kindness and spirit that is the Geocoin Fairy. There is so much good in this world, in spite of the few bad apples out there. So much kindness and generosity and love. Please don't give up on us! We need beautiful creatures like you in our world.... you help us remember to spread the love, generosity, and beauty, not to mention to remember the magic that is still out there that we forget about and close our minds to as we get older!

We need you in our world! Don't go!

Could not have said it nicer. ;) I agree 100% !!!!!

I do hope you change your mind (you said probably, not definitely). Antique Copper would be beautiful!!

Don't let a few spoil the fun/generosity for everyone.

The Geocoin Fairy has once again pierced the Cheddar Curtain! She couldn't have visited the cache more than an hour before we got there unless she had little fairy-sized night-vision goggles.

de6cb0fb-37a1-47fe-a84b-d25872edda34.jpg

This was just a huge thrill, as we were in the arboretum for a different cache, Be Cool Honeybunny, placed for our 5,000th find. So talk about your banner days! Even leaden skies and steady drizzle couldn't dampen our spirits on a day like today.

Thank you Geocoin Fairy, for thinking of us, and for all you have done! And, uh... Be cool Honeybunny!

Please don't go, Geocoin Fairy...

I do

I do

i do belive in Geocoin Fairy.

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

I do

This is awful!! I've followed this thread from the very beginning, hoping beyond hope that I would someday be able to find one of these elusive little creatures. I'm a big fan, Miss Geocoin Fairy! I think what you have been doing is kind, generous, and selfless. With no possiblity of being paid back you have spread joy and happiness to many. These little doxies are very upset - why if we could get hold of whoever hurt you, it would look something like this.

GeocoinFairyCartoon.jpg

This is awful!! I've followed this thread from the very beginning, hoping beyond hope that I would someday be able to find one of these elusive little creatures. I'm a big fan, Miss Geocoin Fairy! I think what you have been doing is kind, generous, and selfless. With no possiblity of being paid back you have spread joy and happiness to many. These little doxies are very upset - why if we could get hold of whoever hurt you, it would look something like this.

GeocoinFairyCartoon.jpg

I love that!! And I totally agree!! ;)

Dear fairy,

I still like to thank you for the things you did.

What do you mean by 'Lost in transit'? I have seen at least two of your coins at the last Geocoinfest in the Netherlands. Including the one i have found. I'm pretty sure i can track down all four Dutch Geocoinfairy coins. As far as i know there are all four with Geocoiners who would never sell them.

But again, thanks for the beautyfull coin.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :laughing:

Wij Drie, While I was travelling to the other end of your country, I hit some rough weather and lost 4 other coins that I had wanted to place in your country. This same thing occurred while travelling to Texas and the Czech Republic in August, and also to Australia in July. It's part of the reason I never pick up anything at the caches I visit. I have a difficult enough time flying with my coins sometimes :laughing:

Good news for these areas though. I spoke to the vendor that made my coins and we are going to make a limited amount of "lost" fairy coins that will be placed into caches in these areas sometime after the new year. They won't be numbered, but in the numbered area the word "lost" will be inscribed. So far there will be 12 of them.

Watch for me in Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming and Arkansas soon :santa:

Edited by The Geocoin Fairy