The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Well it was 21:21, BooBoo already had her pj’s on, and I had already said my goodbyes in the Geocoin Chat room, when Arthur and Trillian asked me if I got one of the GCF coins that had been dropped in Utah. I was not sure what he was referring to since there had already been a drop in Utah during the Georendezvous. I asked Mike, when and he told me they where dropped today.

Yikes, I looked up the GCF profile looked for the most recent drops to learn there was a drop in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Butterfield Canyon and one in Daybreak. This whole time BooBoo was peering over my shoulder egging me on saying “Dad hurry lets go!”, mind you she was already in her pj’s and it was 21:21. I new Big Cottonwood Canyon was not an option as it was dark and rainy, I new Butterfield Canyon was not an option, again dark and rainy, so really the only option at this point if I wanted a GCF coin was to make a mad dash to Daybreak!!!

According to the cache page the distance from my home coordinates is 40 miles, of course we all know that is as the crow flys. With a little more nudging from BooBoo I turned to her and told her to get some slippers on, we are going for a drive. I got the seal of approval, merely by hearing her screech and jumping up and down..

Out the door at 21:32 with an unactivated Top 40 coin in tow, we are on our way for a 2 hour round trip adventure for something that may not even be there when we arrive.

We arrive at the cache location at 22:28, BooBoo stays in the car, I get out in the rain storm to look for the cache. I locate the cache, take it back to the car, open up the container, shuffle through the other items and SSSHHHHAAAAZZZZAAAAAMMMM,

GCF Geocoin #40 is found!!!!!! We sign the log, leave behind an Unactivated Top 40 Geocoin, replace the container and head home.

Coin Number - #40

Total Drive Time - 2 Hours

Hearing BooBoo screech and get excited - PRICELESS!!!

Not sure what is up with the GCF coins but each time I have acquired one of these coins, it has been the same adventure, this is GREAT!!! Click here to read the log for my version 1 GCF find.

Last night I attended the Burning Micro III event. As usual it was a great time. During the course of the night, I thought I kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye, yet when I turned it was gone. I assumed it was either my cornea being seared from the 30 foot flames or at the very least a small amount of toxic poisoning from the melting plastic. Then I noticed a small light, more like a sparkle, dart from one area to another. When I began to investigate I could hear a small whimpering almost nymph like. I noticed behind a misplaced film can, a small tattered winged fairy. Apparently she flew too close to the flames and singed her tooshie. Nothing to fear though. As a well prepared cacher we began applying some serious amounts of ointments and cream, as well as some burn suave. In no time at all, she was back up flying around and playing jokes on people. The best was when she kept flying up to avroair and whispering things in his ears like "Tie dhennigers shoes together" or "trade pghlooking your Moun10Bike for that version 1 GeoTag". Wow did she help me with some serious trades. Before she flew off for good last night, she left me a small token of her appreciation. It was a GeoCoin Fairy GeoCoin. What a sweet gesture on her part. Thank you for this gift. I will be sharing this with my little princess at home. At least this is how I remember the way it happened.

Last night I attended the Burning Micro III event. As usual it was a great time. During the course of the night, I thought I kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye, yet when I turned it was gone. I assumed it was either my cornea being seared from the 30 foot flames or at the very least a small amount of toxic poisoning from the melting plastic. Then I noticed a small light, more like a sparkle, dart from one area to another. When I began to investigate I could hear a small whimpering almost nymph like. I noticed behind a misplaced film can, a small tattered winged fairy. Apparently she flew too close to the flames and singed her tooshie. Nothing to fear though. As a well prepared cacher we began applying some serious amounts of ointments and cream, as well as some burn suave. In no time at all, she was back up flying around and playing jokes on people. The best was when she kept flying up to avroair and whispering things in his ears like "Tie dhennigers shoes together" or "trade pghlooking your Moun10Bike for that version 1 GeoTag". Wow did she help me with some serious trades. Before she flew off for good last night, she left me a small token of her appreciation. It was a GeoCoin Fairy GeoCoin. What a sweet gesture on her part. Thank you for this gift. I will be sharing this with my little princess at home. At least this is how I remember the way it happened.

Congrats on the fairy coin, great event... bud Dude, never dance like that again, my eyes are still burning... :huh:

I though I saw something flying too close to the Burning Micro flames but my eyes just couldn't re-adjust from the towering flames enough to make out what/who it was.

:rolleyes: I think that was an empty bottle of Capt. Morgan thrown by a geocoin widow. :huh:

Honey! We're trying to trade here!

ROFLMAO

I though I saw something flying too close to the Burning Micro flames but my eyes just couldn't re-adjust from the towering flames enough to make out what/who it was.

:huh: I think that was an empty bottle of Capt. Morgan thrown by a geocoin widow. ;)

Good thing it was empty!...Hate to see Cpt Morgan abuse...were there any limes involved?

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Got lucky last night... :P No...I don't mean that!

Gotta keep an eye on The Geocoin Fairy....she dropped into Portland yesterday. When I saw there was a coin in a cache about 5 miles from my house, looked at my watch...9:15pm?.....ya....lets go. Loaded the waypoint into the MAP60, grabbed my swag bag, got into the 4Runner, and sped down the road. Took me awhile to find the cache in the dark...muggles at the nearby bussiness were more interested in loading their home-improvement swag than looking at me, so was able to sign the log and make a coin trade without being detected.

Thanks for visiting Portland, Geocoin Fairy...it made my day. Here's a pic near the cache...2c1ca4a5-3725-4747-b563-252012ceecbd.jpg

Very nice finds here and great stories too! Love to see the whereabouts of the fairy and all the finders...I SEE SHE HIT UP OREGON!!! Head South my Winged little Fairy Friend...Just a bit further!

That Eye patch up just a bit is just the ticket for our Fairy Lovin Pirates! Arrrrrrg Mateys...Walk the plank or gimmee the Winged Booty!!!