The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

kwver here! The Geocoin Fairy was in San Diego, California recently. Fisnjack had her appear at one of his caches with a wonderful surprise! He let me know that the Fairy had also visited one of our caches as well. Well it was close to midnight but the call of the Fairy drove me to brave the hunt ahead. With coyotes howling the coin was mine and a brand new un activated HiDude_98 coin was left for the next finder. Thanks Geocoin Fairy!

I saw the sticker in the log of the cache fisnjack got the fairy coin from. I quickly emptied the cache again, just in case I had missed the coin. Just the Fisnjack trade. I already have one of the geocoin fairy coins, but was looking for Unknown_2_You. Way to go fisnjack and kwver! :)

Boy this fairy flies around!!! 4 more Fairy Drops in Cali...and none of them BigDable! One was 2 hours south and the other 3 hours east, had I been a good coinicker I may have been able to make a grab...But Nope in the midst of responsibility, FTF's and a couple cache placements...I had no chance! :)

Thats OK there just may be another fairy drop in these here parts! But in the mean time...Congrats to all of you, and there are a bunch! :)

Congratulations to all recent finders. Wonder if I create a new cache like others have, if TGF will visit Wy? Will have to work on this! <_<:rolleyes:

It worked for me with the GSA on This cache here and I really debated makin one for the fairy, but figured I better let you do it and find my next coin traditionally...afterall how can the fairy possibly pass that up??? Mostly I didnt do it cause I knew she couldnt, but boy that thought has crossed my mind several times since, especially recently! But I already used that tactic once and it worked...Go for it!

If I get a fairy, then I will create the cache for her...Hows that! GOOD LUCK WYO

Ok, here we go. I am a newby at collecting geocoins and have a "The Geocoin Fairy" coin. I would like to have a Moun10Bike Geocoin (like everyone else). Would anyone want to trade ?

You might have better luck posting this in the pinned trading thread above. Be prepared though for a lot of offers other than a Moun10bike! :)

Ok, here we go. I am a newby at collecting geocoins and have a "The Geocoin Fairy" coin. I would like to have a Moun10Bike Geocoin (like everyone else). Would anyone want to trade ?

Since you already had one that you got at your own cache, you really should have left this other one in the cache for another cacher to find. No reason to be greedy :)

Since you already had one that you got at your own cache, you really should have left this other one in the cache for another cacher to find. No reason to be greedy :)

It looks to me like Fisnjack took one and kwver took the other one each from their own caches. Unless one was found earlier?

It looks to me like Fisnjack took one and kwver took the other one each from their own caches. Unless one was found earlier?

Here is the scoop. I traded a HiDude_98 un-activated coin for a Geocoin Fairy coin which was in our Nine Patch Puzzle cache. I also found a Geocoin Fairy coin in another cache today (Saltmine) and traded my FTF BBB geocoin. Rather that keep the coin which I found in my own cache I am wanting to trade it. Please forgive me if this is called "being greedy"

I think that the point that was trying to be made, is that the one that you found today should have been left in the cache for another lucky finder as you already have one. Would just be nice to have someone else be able to have the joy of finding a Geocoin Fairy coin since it is a mystery coin rather than you grab a second one and offer it up as a trade.

As I was returning home from a business trip, I noticed that the sky in the area was bright and glistening. I could not figure out what was going on in the area.

I immediatly wondered if there was a possibility that the Geocoin Fairy was passing by. I checked all nearby cache logs and discovered that The Geocoin Fairy may have actually visited one of my caches.

I jumped into the car and headed for the site to see if this actually happened. The park was closed and I had to go in stealth style. As I approached the cache I saw a glow that was beyond belief.

I approached the cache, my heart pounding, I was a nervous wreck. Can this be? Is it true? Has this really happened?

I opened the cache to find a real Geocoin Fairy Geocoin. At that point I did the Happy Happy Happy Dance............

I left an unactivated Big Bear Cache Bash 2007 Geocoin for the next lucky visitor.

Thank you Geocoin Fairy for a Treasure Forever............

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO, we have ourselves a GCF coin from GC11T0J. It was worth the trip and to do it while everyone was asleep, that was too cool.

Here is the log.

It starts like this:

My wife and I were to start our vacation after work, at Midnight, Friday. I, of course get off on time but my wife has overtime. Well, I get home and do what I do about fifteen times a day; I check the latest action of The Geocoin Fairy. Well I see that he/she has hit a cache across the boarder in Illinois, only 84.7 miles away, as the GPS flies. My wife gets home at 3:05 A.M. and I bring up the GCF and we are out the door. We arrive at the parking cords at 5:10 A.M., it is dark, we have flashlights and away we go into the dark woods. Needless to say I am leading the way and am using the flashlight to look where I am stepping and whoosh, right into a HUGE spider web. As I step back and pick the web off of me my wife shines the light on the web and there it is a 1" round brown spider. I really wish I would have remembered the camera for the pic. So we restart our journey into the woods and as we shine the light around you can catch the glowing eyes of some sort of animal, we could only assume and hope that they were deer. We arrive at the cache, open up the silver ammo can and check the log book. No one here since The Geocoin Fairy was here. I look into the container and what do I see, a whole crud load of pencils and gems. As I pushed the gems from one side to the other searching for the coin I can’t find it. Then as if it was magic it appeared in the middle of the gems at 5:15 A.M. So after a round trip of 190.6 miles, six dollars in Illinois tolls and a start to finish time of 3 hours and 55 minutes-------We are the proud owners of The Geocoin Fairy coin #235.

Since we did travel from across the boarder in Wisconsin for this coin, we left an unactivated Wisconsin/Illinois Caching Without Boarders coin. It just seemed like the right coin to leave.

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

WOW - congratulations Vegas Gamblers, indeed a great way to start you vacation! Now if only the rest of the vacation were as exciting and exhilarating as the way it started! :D

Have a great vacation guys!

Well in less than 24 hours we are on a plane to Vegas so we will see if the luck continues.

33 black and split 7 & 10 :D

WOW - congratulations Vegas Gamblers, indeed a great way to start you vacation! Now if only the rest of the vacation were as exciting and exhilarating as the way it started! :D

Have a great vacation guys!

Well in less than 24 hours we are on a plane to Vegas so we will see if the luck continues.

33 black and split 7 & 10 :D

Tips for the roulette table, thanks AG, I will let you know how it works out.

Sorry I took this OT, so back OT, congrats to all the finders of this great coin.

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

After a hike up Mt. Aire this morning, we saw there were still no logs on the caches the Geocoin Fairy had visited in Utah, soooo we went for the easiest one (GCZMA2)...someone beat us to it :) .... I won't say his name, but it starts with Damenace. :D He had a loooong trip, from "Sunset" to "Daybreak"

We had the next closest one ready, just in case, and were SUCCESSFULL!! :) (GC15F1Y)