The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

I happened to be checking the profiles of several of the mystery coin droppers and of course, The Geocoin Fairy was on my list. I clicked on the geocache tab and then all cache finds. OMG look! GCF has visited St. Louis - St. Charles, to be exact! I grab my car keys an out the door I run! I totally forget to grab my camera. I barely remembered to grab a goecoin to trade with. When I got to the park the cache is in I discover that the Festival of the Little Hills is in full swing. It took several turns around the parking lot to find a parking spot but I did find one eventually. When I got to the cache I wasn't sure if anyone had been there before me but when I opened the cache there it was!!! :cool: The log book was little more than a sheet of paper stuffed with signatures but GCF's sticker was on the page. Not much room left so GCF had stuck it almost on top of another cachers sticker. I totally forgot to sign and there really wasn't any place to write on left but I did log my find once I got back home again. Thank you, GCF, for the coin and the race to find it! It was exhilerating! :cool:

CF30

There aren't a lot of coin collectors where I live, but I know there are a few cachers watching and waiting for the Geocoin Fairy. We were out for an afternoon of caching, and I was going to log a coin that I had just picked up. We arrived at our next stop and before closing the laptop I glanced at my email. The GCF had visited one of our caches! The cache that we had come for was just 125 feet away, but we put on the brakes and turned around. We were thinking of cachers who might be watching the GCF travels, and a couple of them live a lot closer to the cache than the 25 miles we had to travel. The race was on!

Our cache site is at the corner of a rural road, and as we exited the freeway we could see that the road was deserted. We parked, jumped out of the car, and ran to the cache. Funny how caches move a little and rehide themselves a bit differently! We pulled out the logbook and trinkets and finally near the bottom was THE GEOCOIN FAIRY geocoin! Oh, my goodness! What a thrill to find this beautiful coin!

We took a few pictures, dropped a geocoin in the cache for the next lucky finder, and added a thank you in the log to the wonderful Geocoin Fairy.

I didn't see any fairy dust, but something magical must have been in that cache. I must have touched it because I haven't stopped smiling all day. And, isn't that what the Geocoin Fairy is all about -- to spread happiness and smiles around? She's still up to her magic, and it's still working.

Thanks for the visit, GCF, and thanks for the coin that I'll treasure. :)

5df81b4b-3af9-41c0-add5-f6bfd781b0ba.jpg

Sorry, A&T but I just couldn't resist! :) And you already have a Geocoin Fairy geocoin. There IS one up in Hannibal RIGHT NOW, ya know. :D Race ya...

CF30

Eh, it was more of a lark than anything...I figured you'd nab it anyway. I just wanted an excuse to do a mini road trip. Besides, I figured you had better get that one...I mean after all, the one I got sat there in St. Louis for five days! :D:)

As for Hannibal? Nah...Tim's probably hot on that one as it is and he'd have at least a 30-mile head start. I'm biding my time. The GCF will strike again. :)

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I’ve got one - It’s beautiful. WOW it’s more than just a picture it the real thing. I didn't get the Hannibal one but got one in Quincy.

Today is my daughter’s birthday. We had just finished the birthday cake and presents and I headed off to meet teachers with my oldest daughter. When we get home my youngest daughter was trying on some birthday clothes.

I checked e-mail during the wardrobe change for her fashion show. Just as she steps out to ask which shoe I like better, I see that The GeoFairy has been to Quincy. It’s 9:00 at night The cache is on the opposite end of town but I had a chance if I hurry. I yell out anyone coming, get in the car NOW and I’m out the door. The cache is in a cemetery and it’s dark and the flashlight is back at home. I’ve been here a few time and I’m not taking a chance of someone else getting this coin so off we go using my cell phone as the only light we have. I reach in to grab the cache and it’s not there THE CACHE IS MISSING.

I know it’s got to be there somewhere and sure enough using my cell phone light I locate it about 8 feet from where we last found it. The GeoFairy’s Coin is there. I swear it had to be shining. It was suddenly light enough to see the log and the GeoFairy’s sticker. I sign the log but have nothing to trade for the coin. For a few seconds I thought about leaving my two kids there as collateral but find a $5 bill in my pocket instead and also leave a note promising to bring back a coin. When we get back to the van, My daughter is still wearing two different shoes and a miniskirt.

We get back home and find an unactivated “Preserving the Cache” Geocoin and grab 3 different flashlights. We head back to the dark creepy cemetery on a very overcast night. When we get there one flashlight is completely dead and the other 2 very dim. We begin the walk to the cache and another flashlight dies. One flashlight left and we find the cache and put in the unactivated coin just as the final flashlight dies.

Not a star or light in sight and this time the cell phones in the van. Then we see a faint glow up the hill. I don’t know if it was the coin or a call on my cell phone that was shining but we reached the van and have coin #102. My daughter thinks she gets to keep it as a birthday present - love her dearly but the coins mine. LOL

Theprize.jpg[/img]

Edited by luckycharmer

CF30

Edit to add that there still IS one in Hannibal, MO!!!

It's so tempting to go for that one also - then my daughter and I could both have one. It's not quite midnight here and the kids won't even have to know I'm gone.LOL. I hope someone grabs it quick - the temptation is getting to strong. But then I remember the condition of the road to get to it. Daylight hours only for me, I almost lost a muffler last time there.

GOOD LUCK to all the seekers - the coin IS SO WORTH THE TRIP.

Edit to add that there still IS WAS one in Hannibal, MO!!!

:blink: WooHoo, I got a silver GCF and a #57 to boot. I noticed a fellow Missourian found one a few days ago, so I have been keeping a Very close eye on where the GCF has been dropping coins. I was checking that very thing last night when I noticed she had visited a cache not too far away. I wasn't doing anything terribly important so I snagged the caching bag, printed off the cache page and hit the road. I arrived at where I thought would be the best approach to the cache, and headed off, apparently the area had a little rain today, and after a brisk slide down a slippery grass hill I arrived at the cache. It was a pretty easy find, I opened the lock-n-lock up and sure enough, there it was a Silver toned GCF #57, how cool is that. I swapped it out for one of my personal coins and headed back home with a big ol cheesy grin. Thank you GCF !!! I am actually going to be in the Hannibal area this week so I will get some photos there in the daytime. I also feel a bit guilty as this is my second GCF coin, I believe I'll enjoy it for awhile, get some pics and then gift it to a certain someone that I know will enjoy it. I thought about a charity auction but money isn't what this is about so, I'm thinking that passing it along is the way to go. Thanks again GCF!

Congrats to you too Luckycharmer, great pics.

Congrats to all the recent finders! That fairy is sure busy. Good luck on getting that coin back luckycharmer. From the look on those faces you may have a hard time! :laughing:

My youngest has his first locker ever at school this year and received his lock early to learn how to use it. He has the coin in a small box and has his padlock on it. He won't share his combination with me because "I know you're just after MY COIN". LOL. He has to sleep sometime - then it's mine.

I am so grateful to the GeoCoin Fairy. Seeing their faces and hearing them tell stories about the coin are priceless. THANKS AGAIN.

Edited to add: He's hidden the box under his covers in his bed - Mama's not getting that coin tonight. LOL

Edited by luckycharmer

Congrats to all the recent finders! That fairy is sure busy. Good luck on getting that coin back luckycharmer. From the look on those faces you may have a hard time! :D

My youngest has his first locker ever at school this year and received his lock early to learn how to use it. He has the coin in a small box and has his padlock on it. He won't share his combination with me because "I know you're just after MY COIN". LOL. He has to sleep sometime - then it's mine.

I am so grateful to the GeoCoin Fairy. Seeing their faces and hearing them tell stories about the coin are priceless. THANKS AGAIN.

Edited to add: He's hidden the box under his covers in his bed - Mama's not getting that coin tonight. LOL

LOL i bet but i best bet he take geocion to school and show off but however all his student or tecaher will ak that Z" what is that " ????

As TGF never seemed to venture to within less than 1000 miles from where I live I thought this was one coin I’d never have. :D

But then I noticed from one finder’s log that they might be inclined to trade – and they were! :huh:

They also sent me a few activated travellers to visit or stay in Oz (pictured below).

(And in the spirit of TGF they might be getting more in return than they expected. :o )

85c30174-b6ec-4f6f-bb7b-95ebdb9449ac.jpg

63f12172-9637-4dbb-ac51-7ceebb7ef278.jpg