The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

I was able to find coin#22 at Myrtle Beach last summer ... I didn't know what it was but I sure am glad to have it now!!! I like the idea to make it into a travel bug to be discovered at events... although, I don't think I could stand to drill a hole in it.. will come up with another way to do so.

bone shaker

Hi bone shaker,

I have a GCF coin as well, and would be interested in doing that if you figure out a way to do it w/o damaging the coin. Let me know!

Eddie (Eddieandeddie)

There is a way to do this, I beleive...I have the Geocoin Fairy geocoin #56 and I bought this today from Geoswag.com...

geocoin_holder.JPG

The GCF geocoin is 1.5" so get that size.

I also bought some TB dog tags which I will attach to the keyring part...this way, I can make my GCF geocoin a travel bug and people can log it.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I was able to find coin#22 at Myrtle Beach last summer ... I didn't know what it was but I sure am glad to have it now!!! I like the idea to make it into a travel bug to be discovered at events... although, I don't think I could stand to drill a hole in it.. will come up with another way to do so.

bone shaker

You could probably purchase one of those air tight containers that is too big and drill a hole in that. It's a 1.5" coin, so buy a 1.75" or 2" air tight and drill a hole in it then place the coin in that. That would probably work well.

Oh, what a fantastic day. It was hot and sunny, and we were out doing some caching and some cache maintanence. We had just finished for the day and were heading over to see my parents when I got a wonderful email notification. The Geocoin Fairy had visited my cache and we were less than 2 miles away. We changed our destination and took off to the cache. I opened it and found a beautiful coin I had just about given up ever owning. In the cache was coin #54. Thank you Geocoin Fairy!!!!

Oh, what a fantastic day. It was hot and sunny, and we were out doing some caching and some cache maintanence. We had just finished for the day and were heading over to see my parents when I got a wonderful email notification. The Geocoin Fairy had visited my cache and we were less than 2 miles away. We changed our destination and took off to the cache. I opened it and found a beautiful coin I had just about given up ever owning. In the cache was coin #54. Thank you Geocoin Fairy!!!!

Never stop believing, that's what I always say. Congrats on your find!

--Marky

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, she's back!!! I had heard a rumor that there were new coins, so I figured I'd check, and if not I know someone who wants the first one...but....

My log entry basically tells the whole story,but oh my goodness! The coin design is the same but this one is Antique Silver, the one from last year is bronze I think.

Kodak.jpg

I can't believe my luck, I had just returned from Columbia, I had to bring my Grandmother back to the airport. I got home in time to make some dinner, and eat it. I then sat down at my computer and found a message asking me if I had been out hunting Geocoin fairies. Huh? A little quick thinking and I decided to check her profile. What?! she had just dropped coins in Columbia. Well I knew there was no way I was going to make it, but I decided to head out anyway. I had just gotten onto I-20 when a call from my husband alerted me to a much closer drop. So I quickly turned around and headed to Evans. It was dark when I got there, but it was a beautiful night. There were still families out playing together and there were lightning bugs all about. I grabbed a flashlight and dug around my swag bag until I found the coins. What a "coin"cidence, I had some Stonehenge coins with me. So I pocketed one and a new path tag and headed in. My heart leapt as I drew near. There was a faint glow in the wooded hallow and I knew I wasn't far. I follwed the wooded path until I found the secret stash...said a quick little fairy prayer and opened it up! WOW, there it is, a brand new Fairy coin! I looked through the log trying to find the signature and scry some possible identity from it, but alas the log was a bit on the full side and I could not find it. I dropped the new stonehenge coin and pathtag inside, and skipped away. What a wonderful night! Thank you little Geocoin Fairy!

Edit: I'll get a better picture tomorrow in natural light

Edited by UOTrackers

Hey! Looks like the little Fairy has started flying around again. One in Georgia and two in South Carolina. :)

Congratulations on your find, Jen. :D Can hardly wait to see pics of the new one. The one that frivlas found must be one of last year's version. The Antique Gold? Congrats to you also. ^_^

Like we always said, you have to believe...

Edited by Big JohnP

It looks like TGF is flying down under as 3 drops were made on South Is. NZ! You GO Geocoin Fairy!

~J

Oh wow!!! I could hardly believe it when I read this :) (Thanks CinemaBoxers for posting), I was so excited I bundled the kids in to the car and made the 80 mile drive to one of the caches to see if it was true... and it was!!! :D:DB) The geocoin Fairy had traveled all the way down South and dropped 3 of her coins!

Anyway we completed the cache but were not really convinced as this cache was very urban, not the kind of place you would expect a fairy to visit, but then we got to GZ and found it was a small, no, very small park in the middle of the City, full of Big Trees and natives, just the place a fairy could be found. The kids were so excited to find the coin, Brittany won't let it out of her sight :anibad: Just have a look at this... these two definately believe...

Cache Log

(The photo alone was too big on this page so just put a link to the log, will keep trying to post the photo alone)

Thank you so much TGF for making the long trip down under I hope you managed to find a place to rest your wings before heading off to spread you joy to others in the world :P:D:D

Congrats Chelmo! :anibad:

Like the Dragon said I remember last year our adventure getting this coin, for our Maddie who had stitches in her head and when we DNFed our own cache like 2 times trying to find the coin! lol Good Times! It is Maddie's favorite coin and she was so happy to find it. :P I just hope if the fairy decides to visit Georgia again this year we have less excitement but still lots of fun in getting one. :)

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR GCF FINDS!!!

I believed in the Geocoin Fairy before and she blessed me with one of her coins...my faith has grown even more that she may bless me again with one of these new ones!!!

PLEASE, Geocoin Fairy...show me some love here in Missouri!

I BELIEVE!!!!!!

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Just got back home and finished logging my new geocoin. I had this one on my watchlist for quite a while now, and especially now with the new coin starting to travel.

Today, I notice there has been a drop in a cache in Laval, Quebec. GCX0V0 A letterbox hybrid cache that I had found last year. :unsure: I grab my stuff and head out the door. When I got to the cache, I parked my pick-em-up truck off the road near the ditch. Instead of using the bicycle path, I jumped the ditch. :lol:

At the bottom of the container, I could see the coin. It turns out to be # 032. I left an unactivated Utah 2006 in trade for the next to find. Now I have both last year's and this year's version. :mad: .

Thank you so much, little Fairy, whoever you are. :lol:

IMG_5856.jpgIMG_5850.jpgIMG_5857.jpgIMG_5854.jpg

Edited by Big JohnP