The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

You see what happens?

I don't pay any attention to this thread anymore, and the fairy hits close by!

I was hoping for a visit out this way when the GeocoinFest comes to town next month, but I wasn't expecting it now!

I was out grabbing a few caches on the way back to the office from a visit to a customer, and decided to detour for one last cache. The cache was exposed and very visible when I got there, so imagine how shocked I was that there was actually a Fairy coin inside!

Woo Hoo!

GCZV5E

Edited by Cornerstone4

We are amazed and astounded and we can now add our state to the Geocoin Fairy found list. By pure chance we happened upon The Geocoin Fairy coin - see what happens when you stop watching where she flies to? We had some cache errands to run today and decided just for fun, and since we were in the area, to check another area cache for interesting TBs when lo and behold what did we espy at the bottom of the cache, but the gorgeous special coin. At first we were in denial that there was no way it was possible, but sure enough we took her out of the box into the light and there in our palms lay the beautiful fairy coin. It was a good time to practice how to scream with joy quietly since we were out at a cache sight. Luckily it was a work day and the park was none too busy to see us doing the happy dance. We are so lucky and love our New Year's find. What a fantastic way to begin 2007. Thank you so much Geocoin Fairy for visiting us. We feel so blessed! What a great week this has been! And all of it coin related. :D

Edited by GPX Navigators

The log I posted today for Starr's Mill (GC2387)

OH MY GOSH!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! A Geocoin Fairy coin :lol: in my backyard or at least almost.

There's a tornado warning in Coweta County & it is heading this way. Can I make it in time? :lol: Oh my gosh! What do I do?? What do I do?? I never thought there was any chance at all I'd ever get one of these coins. The cachers around here are crazy! Cachers in general are crazy. Climbing trees, rowing boats, scuba diving to get what? SWAG? What swag is worth that much? The Geocoin Fairy coin is worth that much!! Is it worth risking a tornado? Is it worth dodging rain coming down at 4" an hour? Is it worth slugging through ankle deep mud? YES!!! Go for it! I can't risk it. :sad: I can't risk waiting! I'm wasting time trying to decide. The tornado warning siren just went off. :cry:

I can't go now. I maybe a crazy cacher, but I'm not stupid. It's just not safe. Well, I've lost it now. No way will I get there in time. Too many people around here are anxiously waiting & watching for The Geocoin Fairy. Anyone coming in from the west will be behind the weather & will beat me to it.

20 minutes go by. The sky starts to clear. The power has gone off & has come back on again. It's safe. I'll try. Can I still get to it? It's in a flood zone. We got a lot of rain in that 20 min. Will it still be there?

I hold my breath as I try to drive back through the puddles. My car is covered with mud. I hold my breath as I wade through the mud & water. Is it still going to be there??? Talk about anxiety! My stomach is in a knot. Can I even get to the cache? Thank heavens I know where it is!......... It's still there! It's there!!!! I can't believe it! It's really still there!! OH NO! I can't believe this! :lol:

I forgot to bring my gift to replace TGF coin. I get back in the car. (Now there is mud IN the car as well as on the outside). I drive back home. Trudge back in the house, angry with myself that I have to go through the mud again to take a coin back. I can't believe I did that! I'm so angry. I don't have time for this! I get back to the cache, still just a fusin' & a fumin'. I leave my coin, turn around to head back to the car & there is a beautiful rainbow over the lake. I am struck by the awesomeness of it all! It made everything OK. I have The Geocoin Fairy coin! I have The Geocoin Fairy coin! Who cares that I have to go home & wash the car! ;););) I'm in heaven! ;)

OUT: TGF #200

IN: The very 1st single CachingCoins personal coin released unactivated. (All coins were sold in pairs activated.) I also put in whitebear USA #1, looking for "white". The cache bucket was white once upon a time! :lol:

YES YES YES I am so excited to see that The Geocoin Fairy was in the Ohio valley and left one of her-his coins on the 4th.I have been watching this tread for a while with the hopes of getting my hands on one for my collection.I am so pleased to proudly own one now ! ! I had to leave an unactivated coin in the cache since I was soo lucky to see the coin still in the cache as I could not get to it untill close to midnight.

Thankyou Geocoin Fairy for making my day ! ! HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!

I agree with Cache Agent and Islander1988....we need a visit up here in Canada pretty please??? ;)

CA lives not too far from us and we both know Islander1988 too. The geocaching community is such a small world. :anibad:

We can only hope. Maybe one day we'll get a visit. :P

I really like the idea of attaching a TB to it so others may discover it. Very clever.

OK Ive just placed a cache for the Geocoin Fairy- Its called "THE FAIRY'S PLAYGROUND" :P

Just Kidding- I couldnt do that.

Im a little late in the Fairy's game, but better late than never- Ive been reserved till recently-That darn GSA just got me goin and figure I could partake in this thread aswell. Even though I have no Avitar yet I still like to have fun on these forums and this has sounded like fun for awhile.

So just so the Fairy knows - That there coin sure would look good next to my GSA coin, I KNOW I KNOW- a little to optomistic, I havent even got a GSA coin, but a little positive thinking never hurt!

However- If a Fairy cache is what it takes then So be it :anibad::P

And if its any help or just for a good laugh-

****My Dad used to call me a Fairy- My Favorite color was Hot Pink and Turquoise-(and I was a Cali boy in Missouri) Hey, It was 1991 wasnt that everyones favorite color back then? ;)

Is the Fairy back??!! She made a drop yesterday in Alberta, Canada!

Oh my..Oh my...

The fairy must be back in condition for traveling...he/she has been out of touch for awhile...maybe attending those GeoCoin meetings, and such has slowed them down? You know, GeoCoin Fairy has to keep up with the latest happenings, and that can get in the way of dropping coins off into caches.

I was able to find coin#22 at Myrtle Beach last summer ... I didn't know what it was but I sure am glad to have it now!!! I like the idea to make it into a travel bug to be discovered at events... although, I don't think I could stand to drill a hole in it.. will come up with another way to do so.

bone shaker

Is the Fairy back??!!

I emailed the fairy a couple of days back, and she said she was done with the project. :lol: But from the profile there is hope for next year:

They are antique gold and for now I had 250 of them made. If my finances allow, I will have another 250 made for 2006. They are not dated on purpose so that the design may be reused in a different metal color next year.

Can't wait! :lol:

They are antique gold and for now I had 250 of them made. If my finances allow, I will have another 250 made for 2006. They are not dated on purpose so that the design may be reused in a different metal color next year.

Those are some wonderful news :lol:

I was able to find coin#22 at Myrtle Beach last summer ... I didn't know what it was but I sure am glad to have it now!!! I like the idea to make it into a travel bug to be discovered at events... although, I don't think I could stand to drill a hole in it.. will come up with another way to do so.

bone shaker

Hi bone shaker,

I have a GCF coin as well, and would be interested in doing that if you figure out a way to do it w/o damaging the coin. Let me know!

Eddie (Eddieandeddie)

bone shaker

Hi bone shaker,

I have a GCF coin as well, and would be interested in doing that if you figure out a way to do it w/o damaging the coin. Let me know!

Eddie (Eddieandeddie)

This coin is highly sought after so I would have a major league fear that the coin would disappear very quickly if not damaged unfortunately. And even if it were damaged, would disappear but maybe not as fast. :lol: