The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

I was going to say "who cares", but then I saw this precious pic. Ok, for shots like this I will tolerate this string. GOnTO :D

Two days from Halloween, and the wand broke while caching today. UGH! I'm not surprised, since it NEVER leaves her side. It was with us when we found our Geocoin Fairy coin :D I think I was more upset than her when it broke. Her response was..."Mommy can glue it". I did...just hope it holds...the Disney Stores are all sold out. I like the woodland fairy costume better...but she had to be Tink.

DSC01461.jpg

:D I had already decided to stay in for the night when I saw the post show up on one of my caches. My wife told me I was crazy when I ran out the door to check on a cache in the dark.

Now all I can say is wow!! I will treasure the coin that the geocoin fairy left in the cache.

I am not sure who or what the geocoin fairy is but all I can say is that I believe.

As I stated in the geocache forum "We (geocachers)are a group that believes. So if anyone doubts that there is a geocoin fairy just look at all the kind words and the thought that have been put down on this board."

:D

I finally got one of the coins the good fairy left here in Missouri...#56.

I cannot beleive it had been in the St. Louis area for five days...

Much respect and thanks for 57chevy's help!

Here is the log I wrote for GC3094, the cache I found it in...

November 2 by Arthur & Trillian (180 found)

WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my Geocoin Fairy geocoin!

A bit of backstory...I went after this cache, GCYE82, on Halloween Day to try to nab the ever-elusive Geocoin Fairy geocoin. No luck. Mechanical failure and Mother Nature working against me kept me from my prize.

I was really bummed by this because I know how hard it is to find a Geocoin Fairy geocoin, however a geocaching friend of mine from my neck of the woods clued me into the fact that there was still a Geocoin Fairy geocoin in the St. Louis area. I was amazed that with such a concentration of cachers it was still apparently there.

So, today, I left the house bright and early here and headed off to this cache praying that the coin was still there. I got to the park and quickly made my way to the cache.

The hill wasn't so bad. I read numerous logs about how steep a hill it is, but even my bad knees handled it alright. Perhaps those city slickers there in St. Louis are out of shape or don't know what a real hill is. :tired:

Anyway, the cache itself was pretty easy to find and when I opened it up a little fairy dust poofed into my face. Hmm...a fairy was definately here. Then there it was...the elusive coin. It was definately mine now.

Remembering the fairy's wish that an even trade be made, I took the coin and left a fairly heavy (about 2 oz. total weight) sterling silver necklace with sterling silver cross. I signed the log.

Thanks for this cache. It is a very pretty area.

Me and the coin at the cache site today...BTW...the GCF coin is STILL at the first cache I tried to nab it at...(GCYE82)...

5c8fbf76-9e79-4483-9bd5-f5daeeff16f5.jpg

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Much respect and thanks for 57chevy's help!....

:blink: Hey congrats!!! I believe you earned that one!!! It pays to check the GCF's logs doesn't it!!! Believe me, had I not already found one, I'd have been on my way to that cache as soon as I found out about it. :laughing: I would'a been on that thing like white on rice on a paper plate being eaten by a polar bear in a snow storm. With dandruff.:unsure: It looks like the GCF is on the move again, check his/her found caches out! Appears to be headed west, Looks like Wyoming was yesterday!

Much respect and thanks for 57chevy's help!....

:mad: Hey congrats!!! I believe you earned that one!!! It pays to check the GCF's logs doesn't it!!! Believe me, had I not already found one, I'd have been on my way to that cache as soon as I found out about it. :) I would'a been on that thing like white on rice on a paper plate being eaten by a polar bear in a snow storm. With dandruff.:( It looks like the GCF is on the move again, check his/her found caches out! Appears to be headed west, Looks like Wyoming was yesterday!

Hey '57,

Now I just got to ask this so everyone forgive my ignorance... You say it pays to check the GCF's logs, but other than here how does one do that?

I've looked & looked & looked to see if there is anyway to track a specific person but have yet to find one. I can do PQs on the caches in my area which I have bookmarked but at the moment lack a cellphone that can handle those special messages that can be sent to your phone.

Thanks for any help, I'm waiting to see if (s)he comes back this way.

Hey '57,

Now I just got to ask this so everyone forgive my ignorance... You say it pays to check the GCF's logs, but other than here how does one do that?

Here's a link directly to his/her profile of finds. Just keep an eye on it. When a cache is found in your state, check to see if it's close to you.

The Geocoin Fairy's Finds

One dropped in Alabama yesterday...

Wish she would fly to one of the west slope of Colorado airports :laughing:

Edited by Team_Talisman

Saw the the Geocoin Fairy made some drops in Michigan last Saturday but I already had commitment for an even on Sunday so I wasn't able to go after it. Well one week later and nobody has logged that they have it yet so I figure why not try. Up at 6 and out the door by 6:30 for the 2 hour drive to the cache telling myself all the way there that there is no way no one hasn't already grabbed it. But I had hope and sure enough there it was still with fairy dust.

I guess you just have to have a little faith and believe. Because it was meant to be and now I have a Geocoin Fairy coin for my collection.

Team Sand Dollar

Saw the the Geocoin Fairy made some drops in Michigan last Saturday but I already had commitment for an even on Sunday so I wasn't able to go after it. Well one week later and nobody has logged that they have it yet so I figure why not try. Up at 6 and out the door by 6:30 for the 2 hour drive to the cache telling myself all the way there that there is no way no one hasn't already grabbed it. But I had hope and sure enough there it was still with fairy dust.

I guess you just have to have a little faith and believe. Because it was meant to be and now I have a Geocoin Fairy coin for my collection.

Team Sand Dollar

As a famous "lost boy" once said...All it take is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot. Dust! Yep, just a little bit of pixie dust.

What can make a 230 pound man bolt up from the computer and run out the door at mach2 into the dark pouring rain with a flashlight in one hand & his jacket in the other ? The same thing that can put an ear to ear pema smile on the same aformentioned man ,and make him chuckle like a little child .....why a Geocoin Fairy Geocoin of course#173 !!!!!

Got in the door from caching today all wet & tired fed the animals & went to check me emails.I started reading through & see a few geologs of my caches & watched caches when all of a sudden I realized that the Geocoin Fairy had visited one of them.....my head started to pound & I got all flustered.What if someone else had got there first?

I ran out into the pourinjg darkness ,drove way too fast ran down the stairs & along the trail illuminated by my dim flashlight.Got to the cache reached in & pulled out a glowing cache YES she had been here .There was enough of a glow that I could turn off the flashlight & still see the logbook.Reached in & picked out the glowing coin ,but could hardly write as I was shaking too much!

This is TOO COOL!!

I still have my perma smile ....

Thank You Geocoin Fairy from the bottom of my heart! You are the BEST...I traded one of my Whitebear LE copper unactivated coins.

I sure hope your wings are ok what with all the rain we are having! Try to stay warm & dry.

Thank You so much!

Edited by whitebear

You are one lucky bear WB :) ! When we saw it come up we looked outside at the storm. It's dark, pouring rain and the wind is howling and tipping the trees :) . I wouldn't doubt the ferries are cancelled tonight.

This was WAY closer to you than us so decided to not spend almost 2 hours driving for a big gamble. Hey TGF... fly by here again and we won't be such wimps!

November 13 by bcrockcrawler, xstitcher, & BMXer (702 found)

So I heard the 'You got mail' beep about 6:30 PM tonight but didn't look at it until 9:30 PM... HOLY COW!!!! The Geocoin Fairy has visited one of our caches.

OK, it's dark, windy and this would be a little over a 1K hike. In the woods.... at night... like bears and cougars hang out on the side of the lake the cache is on....

My SAR training wispers "we look for people just like this, hiking at night and lost in the woods."

We'll wait until morning....

Nope, I know I won't sleep a wink. xstitcher gets back from a short walk and says "Well..?"

Load the pack with 3 flash lights, spare batteries, the cell phone and my head lamp, explain to BMXer on a map exactly where we're going.

Trail head at 10:40 PM and off we go. 30 minutes later and we're at the cache.... I held my breath as xstitcher opened the cache. After all it's been almost 4 and a half hours since the post and way more time then that since the Fairy had visited the cache. More then enough time for a cacher or two to find it... Ahhh, but there it is in all its glowing pixie dust glory. #152 We traded an unactivated personal coin.

This game continues to amaze us and we feel blessed to have been visited by The Geocoin Fairy. We hope you enjoyed your short visit to our fair city, wished the weather was a little better for you and we are truely thankfull for the gift. Don't catch a chill now.

While we were there, we also placed a new log book in the cache, added a couple of new swag items and replaced the garbage bag.... I'm still smiling.....

:D:D:D;):D

Wow! I had never hear of the geocoin fairy or santa dropping off coins! I sure wish they could make a trip to Maryland-on second thought, it probably wouldn't do ME any good. I don't have much time to geocache, and on the rare ocassions that I do get out in hot persuit of a geocoin, I rarely find them in the cache! But I will say this-how wonderfully rare and generous of the geocoin fairy and santa to go from cache to cache enchanting those who find these coins. I just wish I had the finances to do that. Thank you geocoin fairy and santa! May you always find pixie dust along your path.

Wow! I had never hear of the geocoin fairy or santa dropping off coins! I sure wish they could make a trip to Maryland-on second thought, it probably wouldn't do ME any good. I don't have much time to geocache, and on the rare ocassions that I do get out in hot persuit of a geocoin, I rarely find them in the cache! But I will say this-how wonderfully rare and generous of the geocoin fairy and santa to go from cache to cache enchanting those who find these coins. I just wish I had the finances to do that. Thank you geocoin fairy and santa! May you always find pixie dust along your path.

Hi Degai,

Just FYI, The Geocoin Fairy was out this way a couple months ago...we found one in a cache in Hampton. We didn't even realize what a special find it was until I ran across this thread (or one like it) here on the forums. Luckily we kept it! So in terms of degrees of separation, you personally know someone who has found one! Ha ha

Take care,

Eddie

Wow, page 4.

I guess the GCF took some time off to rest her poor wings & avoid some of the storms that have blown through the US lately?

Yeah, it's sad I think. I was feeling the same way and figured out well, it was fun while it lasted... I think (s)he may still be hitting caches, but most of the people that collect coins and post here have already found one. But that's just my guess.

What is the lowest numbered GCF geocoin that someone has found?

I know 57chevy has, well...#57

I found #56...

So I wonder who has the really low-numbered ones...

I got #42. I think a cacher in Az got #2 and Atlanta Gal was given #1 to auction for charity.

BTW AG, has that auction happened yet? I'm curious to see what it goes/went for.

I got #31. It is my favorite coin!

BTW AG, has that auction happened yet? I'm curious to see what it goes/went for.

No, I have not listed it yet since I am the one juggling the geocoinfest pre-registration. I wanted to get a good system in place for dividing those funds from my regular eBay funds, which I have. I still have two more wonderful coins to auction for Tanner as well :D

So soon.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Wow, page 4.

I guess the GCF took some time off to rest her poor wings & avoid some of the storms that have blown through the US lately?

Yeah, it's sad I think. I was feeling the same way and figured out well, it was fun while it lasted... I think (s)he may still be hitting caches, but most of the people that collect coins and post here have already found one. But that's just my guess.

I haven't found one yet :D

Guess I'll just have to look for the auction on that e-place...

Well, I looked at the last cache she hit down under recently & she says her travels are almost over basically.

So I'm going to say I hope they are only over for the year but not permanitely, but I dont think so.

Shame too, her coins seem to bring joy to many, the rest of what I'm thinking I'll leave unsaid. Yes, I'mapessimist :D

What is the lowest numbered GCF geocoin that someone has found?

I know 57chevy has, well...#57

I found #56...

So I wonder who has the really low-numbered ones...

I got #42. I think a cacher in Az got #2 and Atlanta Gal was given #1 to auction for charity.

I got #31. It is my favorite coin!

I've got #029. And it's sitting "purdy" right next to my Christmas Santa coin in my special coins album. B)

I have to pick up the pixie dust and snowflakes every couple of days. :D

No, I have not listed it yet since I am the one juggling the geocoinfest pre-registration. I wanted to get a good system in place for dividing those funds from my regular eBay funds, which I have. I still have two more wonderful coins to auction for Tanner as well :mad:

So soon.

Understood, I know you have been busy, just remembered hearing that you had it but didn't remember hearing anything about an auction yet. Please let us know when it goes up, I'm sure it will be well received.